Refresh rate question….

EdEcEko77

Elite ★★★★★ Poster
Im not a gamer but I do like playing multiplayer on sniper elite 5.

I only have an Xbox one and am playing on a tv that has a refresh rate at 60hz.

I’m decent but I noticed I’ll get wrecked by other player - usually on PCs. Some guys in a chat were saying that those PCs have refresh rates in the 400+ so they’re quicker.

I think the RR on a Xbox one is capped at 60.

Would it make a difference if I upgraded to a Series X, which has a RR of 120? And would I notice the difference if my tvs RR is 60?

Would I need to upgrade my TV to 120hz?

Also if you play this game - hit me up. My gamer tag is the same as my username here.

That's part of it, but it's most likely due to the fact that most PC gamers play with keyboard and mouse, which is way more responsive than a controller. A lot of PC gamers cheat like crazy too., playing with modified versions of the game to give them advantages. Personally, I would disable playing with PC gamers and only play against console gamers.

That's part of it, but it's most likely due to the fact that most PC gamers play with keyboard and mouse, which is way more responsive than a controller. A lot of PC gamers cheat like crazy too., playing with modified versions of the game to give them advantages. Personally, I would disable playing with PC gamers and only play against console gamers.
This. You're always going to get smacked by M&K players. It's a lot easier to click on peoples heads with a mouse than it is trying to do it with 1 thumb on a joystick. That's why it cracks me up when M&K players bitch about aim assist.

Reactions: EdEcEko77
This. You're always going to get smacked by M&K players. It's a lot easier to click on peoples heads with a mouse than it is trying to do it with 1 thumb on a joystick. That's why it cracks me up when M&K players bitch about aim assist.
In some games aim assist is busted but not in all. Its busted in games like apex and halo

Would it make a difference if I upgraded to a Series X, which has a RR of 120? And would I notice the difference if my tvs RR is 60?

Would I need to upgrade my TV to 120hz?
Your tv locks you at 60 max. You would have to upgrade tvs to get 120hz, which opens up a whole new world of true 120 vs. upscaled 120 the some tv companies market. Best option would be as Brave said and just turn off playing with PC players.

Your tv locks you at 60 max. You would have to upgrade tvs to get 120hz, which opens up a whole new world of true 120 vs. upscaled 120 the some tv companies market. Best option would be as Brave said and just turn off playing with PC players.

I don’t think you can eliminate other platforms for multiplayer. I know you can for other portions.

I’ll look into it. Ultimately I don’t mind getting wrecked. It’s all fun. And as I get better I get wrecked less and less. I figured I’d need to update my console anyways for the new ncaa game but was wondering if doing so sooner would help me out in Sniper Elite 5

Reactions: oUTlaw
a lot of things go in to the speed differences. I don't understand a lot of the more technical mumbo jumbo but know enough to get the gist.

Hardware is part of it. Even a cheap gaming computer will have more power than the best console game. the refresh rate is only a small part of the equation, plenty of PC monitors cap out at 60hrtz too. how fast the hardware is able to render and react to inputs is separate than just the refresh rate you see on your screen. also mouse and keyboard tend to be wired, which is going to be faster, and have better response times over a bluetooth wireless connection. also less chances of faults. also the PC itself is typically more likely to be hardwired to the router, while most consoles just use WiFi. again a slightly slower and less reliable option for high end output/input, its a problem both ways.

its also easier to adjust mouse & keyboard, and generally the game in general to match your specs on a PC over a console. Games have to be "dumbed down" to run on a console, while you can tinker to your hearts desire with all the PC settings. that dumbing down means you aren't going to have personal adjustments that would help your performance. A lot of times this means a PC player "sees" more than what the console version renders. this can help in some cases, but it can also lead to the PC player thinking they are hiding when they actually aren't vs the dumbed down console version of the game.

being able to more accurately place a mouse "cursor" vs a console "cursor" is typically complete bs. the targeting reticles are the same on both PC & console. its the tuning of the mouse and keyboard that give more control, but you still have to be "better" to get the actual use. being on PC doesn't make a "6" skill PC gamer any better than a "6" skill console player. but what happens is a "10" console gamer could be capped by whatever performance is set by the console, whether thats a "6" "8" or whatever, and the PC gamer doesn't have that same artificial cap.

if you are playing a cross console game you are going to have to play on a server that can handle whatever the highest input is, typically a PC. the consoles connecting to said PC server have a little extra "translation". the same issue exists in reverse if a game starts on console and eventually comes to PC, the PC is forced to play on console servers and there will be lag there. but since all games are developed ON a pc its much more likely for it be servers designed for PC input over servers designed for console input.

there is also the very strong need to just git gud. if someone is gaming on a PC they are probably more into it than someone who just has a console.

I play my Series X on a monitor as of a few years ago and honestly don't ever see myself going back to a TV. It's much easier on the eyes. Plus it frees the living room TV up for the wife.

I will be soon too, unfortunately. Want it for the College Football game and GTA next year. I'll also upgrade the TV for max potential. Sigh

This is what I'm trying to not do..... and its a battle.

We currently have 7 tv's in our house. One in each bedroom, living room, game room and outside patio area. With the game room having the oldest - which is a 2019 model year. But it doesn't support 4K and is only 1080. And it's only 55" (comical because I remember when 32" TV's were considered big. I remember friends wanting me to host the Super Bowl party years ago because I spent big on a..... 35" TV!!!!)

So I am always checking online or even facebook marketplace for a good priced 65" model with better resolution. Absolute luxury and not at all a need. Just because I really like playing this game.....

But yes, I also used the upcoming NCAA game as a means to justify my upgrading the Xbox.

Reactions: just bob

VN Store

Back