Reflection on VolNation and Fandom

Only by a tiny minority.
You've had many negative comments on Jones and I have never considered the possibility that you're a fan of another team (other than Navy of course).

I do have suspicions on a couple but that has nothing to do with CBJ. It's the culmination of spite towards basically everything UT. Coaches, former coaches, players, commits etc..
After so many comments, you have to wonder what exactly they supposedly like about UT.

Yeah, i there are a couple that are pretty easy to see they are not vols fans. On the same note, ive been called a Bama fan by several people. Sure ive had some negative post and im not a CBJ fan. However, ive never suggested he be fired, even suggested that he has done good enough to not be fired, never suggested i hope he fails, i simply dont think he is a very good coach.
The issue to me is interpretation over internet talk. Its not just here, its everywhere. I love my wife more than anything and it happens to us all the time when we talk through text. People on the net generally like to assume a bad motive or intentions when presented with an idea they dont like, it makes it much easier to deal with. Similiar to politicians screaming racism and such toward their opponents. Therefore they dont have to deal with the issue because the get their supporters to focus on false motives. Similiar to several posters her, just on a lesser scale obviously.

Reactions: 1 person
VFL-82-JP that was a very good opening post. I started here when this site began. It was under a different handle back then and I genuinely had a good time with the other posters. But social media has changed and given false credibility to the anonymous poster. Narcissism has set in. This forum has been ruined by a few of those posters that are on here 24/7. They don't contribute anything but negativity, cynicism, and immature behavior. It's their form of entertainment.

I would argue that this forum has been hurt by posters from both sides of the aisle. The ones that force feed us that everything is great as a Vol are some of the most vile and hateful towards others posters that this site has.

Then why do people do it?

I think it's a mix of a bunch of things. Maybe two stand out:

* The people who judge aren't being fair. I mean, that's what this whole thread is about, is folks learning how to disagree while remaining tied together in a community as fellow Vols fans. So, some still need to learn how to do that. On both sides.

* The people who criticize the program, our head coach, or a player or assistant coach go overboard. That's the other side of the same coin. The OP mentioned how some of us need to learn how to "control negativity," how to be critical without falling off the edge into hatefulness. Again, it's about learning how to disagree without breaking the ties that bind us together as Vols fans. Same coin, opposite side.

Last edited:
Lol, I thought the same thing, about D4H. I don't think so tho.

Yeah, I really don't either. For all that they're both trolls, they have really different feels about them. IknoxvolsI has more clearly never been a Vols fan, but also has a better sense of humor. D4H is first and foremost a D4H fan, but you can tell in his head he really thinks he's a Vols fan.

So yeah, almost certainly not the same guy. Was just a funny thought. :)

Last edited:
Yeah, I really don't either. For all that they're both trolls, they have really different feels about them. IknoxvolsI has more clearly never been a Vols fan, but also has a better sense of humor. D4H may first and foremost be a D4H fan, but you can tell in his head he really thinks he's a Vols fan. But way too much over-confidence in his own abilities.

So yeah, almost certainly not. Was just a funny thought. :)

It was a funny thought. I think D4H is a troll, a good one but not great because he's made several obvious mistakes. I don't think he is a Tennessee fan, just an internet sports fan troll. Probably on several sites.

I think Iknox is a troll, but I'm not sure what kind. You're right about his sense of humor.

It was a funny thought. I think D4H is a troll, a good one but not great because he's made several obvious mistakes. I don't think he is a Tennessee fan, just an internet sports fan troll. Probably on several sites.

Never thought about D4H having multiple personalities as a "fan" of different teams at different places. Entirely possible, and casts him in a whole new (and even more pitiable) light.

Using my inner Sherlock Holmes, I would guess your former user name was ......... KNOXVOLS#1 ?

Something like that.. maybe an 11 in there too. If I was a cat, I'm not sure how many lives I have left.

You boys sure are hard on me. I'm no troll though, that's for sure. But, I appreciate the compliments.

Something like that.. maybe an 11 in there too. If I was a cat, I'm not sure how many lives I have left.

You boys sure are hard on me. I'm no troll though, that's for sure. But, I appreciate the compliments.

We all get emotional from time to time. But, like u, I try not to Dog anybody out. We should treat people on this board how we would like to be treated. I try never to post anything that I would not say to someone, face to face. I slip up occasionally, but when I know I am wrong, I will apoligize in a second and mean it. That's just how I roll

We all get emotional from time to time. But, like u, I try not to Dog anybody out. We should treat people on this board how we would like to be treated. I try never to post anything that I would not say to someone, face to face. I slip up occasionally, but when I know I am wrong, I will apoligize in a second and mean it. That's just how I roll

I enjoy the banter. I also enjoy the jovial commentary but some people do take it to far with insults. There is a difference between being a smart a$$ and being mean.

You are entirely missing the point, Yankee. Entirely. There's an entire forest to contemplate in the OP, and you're walking around peeing on one tree at a time. Try seeing the forest, instead.

didn't CBJ say tree by tree ? :yes:

VN Store

Back