Recruiting?

jbeard82

Ok im in a debate with an Idiot Vandy Fan. Can anyone Tell me how good of a recruiter our Baseball Coach is?

He's an excellent recruiter. He consistently brought in top 20 recruiting classes at Fullerton.

He took a doormat UC/Irvine to their first ever CWS in his first HC job. He recruited well at UT as an assistant coach under Delmonico when they went to the CWS. He was recruiting coordinator under Horton at Fullerton for 7-8 years when they won the CWS before going to Irvine. When he came back to Fullerton as HC they went to the CWS and all of his classes were top 20.

Your Idiot Vandy fan is truly an idiot.

Reactions: 1 person
I told him we would be in real good shape in two years. He just laughed and said there are 4 established teams in the SEC and that we will always be out recruited by them and be mid level at best.

I told him we would be in real good shape in two years. He just laughed and said there are 4 established teams in the SEC and that we will always be out recruited by them and be mid level at best.

I'm assuming he's listing Vandy as one of those "established" teams, so perhaps he needs to be reminded that Vandy has been "established" since 2004 and has 2 less CWS appearances than us.

Last edited:
I'm assuming he's listing Vandy as one of those "established" teams, so perhaps he needs to be reminded that Vandy has been "established" since 2004 and has 2 less CWS appearances than us.

He said stop living in the past and enjoy recruiting the players that Vandy dosent want. This is why I hate Vandy! A school that has never won ANYTHING and yet they think they can talk trash to UT. smh

He said stop living in the past and enjoy recruiting the players that Vandy dosent want. This is why I hate Vandy! A school that has never won ANYTHING and yet they think they can talk trash to UT. smh

Actually, it's 3 less, not 2, and as far as "living in the past" it's not like all 4 of our appearances were 60 years ago, since the past 3 are all since 1995.

Remember this is the same school that now thinks they are a better football program because they went to a bowl this year and we didn't (even though we still beat them), and they also are notorious underachievers in basketball.

7-0 > 1-6.

Its great to see Candy at 1-6 but I wouldn't go and make any bets about the Vols being better. Huge difference in the quality of schedule. Vandy will finish clearly ahead of the Vols in the SEC IMO.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Does anyone know of any good baseball recruiting websites? Whenever I google baseball recruiting, all I find is a bunch of garbage...

Does anyone know of any good baseball recruiting websites? Whenever I google baseball recruiting, all I find is a bunch of garbage...

PerfectGame is pretty good, but every single thing you could possibly want to see requires payment.

BaseballAmerica is good.

I don't think there is a great one dedicated to it just yet. There definitely isn't, and may never be, one dedicated to it like Rivals is to football... just because the entire process is so much different with high school kids in baseball.

Perfect Game is dedicated to it, but like you said, to see the good information, you have to pay.

If i'm not mistaken, I searched for a guy yesterday and a 247 profile popped up. Didn't click it, but now that I think about it... could've been a baseball player who also has a football profile.

By the way, arencibia, did you see Giolito light everything up in his start?

PerfectGame is pretty good, but every single thing you could possibly want to see requires payment.

BaseballAmerica is good.

I don't think there is a great one dedicated to it just yet. There definitely isn't, and may never be, one dedicated to it like Rivals is to football... just because the entire process is so much different with high school kids in baseball.

Thanks! I ran into that site on my google search... Certainly nowhere near as informative as football and basketball recruiting websites... But I guess that's to be expected cuz college baseball's nowhere near as popular

Are we recruiting well enough to close the gap with the upper echelon of the SEC? Or just merely getting somewhat better? TIA.

2012 recruit Vincent Jackson is rated the 78th best high school prospect by Baseball America.

The others aren't as highly rated but are players that will make the team better and once Serrano starts winning, my bet is the recruits will roll in.

Everyone of his recruiting classes was ranked in the top 20 at Fullerton and recruited well at Irvine as well. I'm confident once he starts winning players will want to come to UT. And it's not like there hasn't been stud recruiting classes brought to UT before.

2012 recruit Vincent Jackson is rated the 78th best high school prospect by Baseball America.

The others aren't as highly rated but are players that will make the team better and once Serrano starts winning, my bet is the recruits will roll in.

Everyone of his recruiting classes was ranked in the top 20 at Fullerton and recruited well at Irvine as well. I'm confident once he starts winning players will want to come to UT. And it's not like there hasn't been stud recruiting classes brought to UT before.

Not to mention Adam Giacalone, arguably the top JUCO guy in the country. Hitting .483 through 12 games with 14 RBI and also 1.27 ERA with 15 K's in 11 innings on the mound. Several 2012 recruits are two-way guys, which should cover up some of our holes a bit until we can get more talent in.

Giacalone has been retweeting some Vol Baseball tweets on twitter, hopefully hinting that he really does want to come here, and will be a hard sign in June.

VN Store

Back