Recruiting wish list

Makes me wonder if Tyndall was cheating to get the White commit. Same with Chris Clarke. Barnes did say that he would honor all scholarships and offers that Tyndall administered. Really makes me wonder how legitimate our '14 class is. Tyndall clearly had a pattern of cheating at his other schools, I don't know why he'd stop doing it at UT.

I thought the same thing about the '14 class and wondered if we'd get looked into for impermissible benefits for any of our players.

After seeing Fernando's highlights I would put him in the mix in my wishlist class.

Blackwell, Bone, Fernando, Jenkins, Williams and Fulkerson if we take 6.

If 5 then take away fulkerson

Last edited:
If the number is 5 early...

Dream: Bone, Wright, Jenkins, Blackwell and Fernando

Realistic: Bone, Wright, Fulkerson, Freeman and Fernando

Sorry to hear that man, I really am. Anything relating to the heart has to be a little scary. Do you care to go into a little more detail?

Apparently when I was resting my heart wasn't pumping enough blood, so they bout me on a strict diet( which I lost about 10 pounds in under 2 weeks on.) and restricted me to a lite jog workout. Just last week they said the medicine and diet was improving with results from x-rays and stress test, so now I'm limited to working out in doors only. Had a great one today. An hour in the gym, and an hour in the weight room.

Seems we may be looking at a realistic class of
PG: Bone
SG: Okogie
SF: Jenkins
PF: Fulkerson
C: Fernando

Obviously things will shift as always with recruiting and the Spring typically has surprises. However, just looking at who we are in on right now, these look like are best shots for each position.

Obviously things will shift as always with recruiting and the Spring typically has surprises. However, just looking at who we are in on right now, these look like are best shots for each position.

I would say Williams is more likely than Okogie or Fernando at this moment.

Always fun to go back just a couple of months and look at what we wanted. Obviously, we didn't get Okogie or Jenkins like I wanted, but we did land Bone. Johnson wasn't thought of at that time, but I'm glad we landed him. Still have a shot at Fernando and by all accounts Fulkerson is ours and is just waiting. I still feel the Spring will yield the best fruit for us though.

Always fun to go back just a couple of months and look at what we wanted. Obviously, we didn't get Okogie or Jenkins like I wanted, but we did land Bone. Johnson wasn't thought of at that time, but I'm glad we landed him. Still have a shot at Fernando and by all accounts Fulkerson is ours and is just waiting. I still feel the Spring will yield the best fruit for us though.

I agreed with your 5 at the time. 3 outta 5 is pretty good. Especially not knowing if or how much better Johnson could be better than Jenkins. He has more upside than Jenkins. Imo

I agreed with your 5 at the time. 3 outta 5 is pretty good. Especially not knowing if or how much better Johnson could be better than Jenkins. He has more upside than Jenkins. Imo

I still wished we'd make a run at Blackwell-Key and Ado. I really liked Jenkins, but I do think Johnson has a lot of potential (in the same way I though of Mostella when I saw his highlights).

I still wished we'd make a run at Blackwell-Key and Ado. I really liked Jenkins, but I do think Johnson has a lot of potential (in the same way I though of Mostella when I saw his highlights).

I agree with Ado. But Key will be a gamble for somebody, if they're expecting him to immediately live up to the 4* and offer list hype.

Stella and Johnson are similar athleticly coming in. But Johnson is a about 4 inches taller.

There was clearly something shady going on with Ado. Tyndall was all over him and when Barnes got here he basically said "no, thanks" to Ado.

I like Johnson a lot. Very glad he has committed, but I think it's a big stretch to say he has more upside that Jenkins. Jenkins is bigger, more skilled and just as athletic than Johnson right now. If you define upside as "more room for improvement", then maybe he has more upside. If you define upside as, "has potential to be better than," I don't see that.

VN Store

Back