Recruiting news

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes the current staff, and wait....Martin offered him in march? I thought he had quit recruiting?

Thanks. Couldn't find anything on the new staff offering. I saw something in the NY Post about him getting a Rice offer and that Rice was joining Tennessee, among others, but assumed that was an old reference to this:

“@TheRecruitScoop: Tennessee has offered 2015 PF Jonathan Nwankwo of Monsignor Scanlan (NY). 3/6/14"

Seems like an odd offer from this staff. Not because of being a three star, but because of him being outside their range of contacts. Maybe not.

Thanks. Couldn't find anything on the new staff offering. I saw something in the NY Post about him getting a Rice offer and that Rice was joining Tennessee, among others, but assumed that was an old reference to this:

“@TheRecruitScoop: Tennessee has offered 2015 PF Jonathan Nwankwo of Monsignor Scanlan (NY). 3/6/14"

Seems like an odd offer from this staff. Not because of being a three star, but because of him being outside their range of contacts. Maybe not.

They offered Jalen Adams who's from Massachusetts

It appears that DT is a cast a wide net type of recruiter. DT might like Nwankwo, look at his offer list, and see that U.T. is probably his best offer. If the kid wants to play major college basketball, U.T. is his best option (other than Minnesota, but I like U.T. going up against Minnesota in a recruiting battle)

It appears that DT is a cast a wide net type of recruiter. DT might like Nwankwo, look at his offer list, and see that U.T. is probably his best offer. If the kid wants to play major college basketball, U.T. is his best option (other than Minnesota, but I like U.T. going up against Minnesota in a recruiting battle)

Yeah I like that way of recruiting......sort of how butch jones is doing in football

Yeah I like that way of recruiting......sort of how butch jones is doing in football

There is a little bit of a difference. DT is going after some players he feel have overlooked talent. I'm not sure he is going to have much success going head to head with the blue bloods of college basketball just yet.

Butch Jones on the other hand, is coaching at a blue blood football program, and can go head to head with anyone in the nation right now. UT football sells its self.

There is a little bit of a difference. DT is going after some players he feel have overlooked talent. I'm not sure he is going to have much success going head to head with the blue bloods of college basketball just yet.

Butch Jones on the other hand, is coaching at a blue blood football program, and can go head to head with anyone in the nation right now. UT football sells its self.

I feel if you can recruit then u can recruit......whether CDT can is yet to be determined.....It looks promising but he has alot to prove still.

I feel if you can recruit then u can recruit......whether CDT can is yet to be determined.....It looks promising but he has alot to prove still.

It will be interesting to see how he does going against the elite of college basketball. He's yet to really tangle with the big boys. He's always been more of a diamond in the rough type of recruiter, we'll see if he can make the transition. I think he will have a better chance at big named kids in the 2016 class. He is still playing catch up with the 2015 kids most schools have been on since they were freshmen in high school.

It will be interesting to see how he does going against the elite of college basketball. He's yet to really tangle with the big boys. He's always been more of a diamond in the rough type of recruiter, we'll see if he can make the transition. I think he will have a better chance at big named kids in the 2016 class. He is still playing catch up with the 2015 kids most schools have been on since they were freshmen in high school.

He has recruited how he has had too based on the school that he coaches at.....Im expecting a good class this yr and a better class next yr.

The date on that story was 3/6 so it was well before the coaching change.

@TheRecruitScoop: Florida State, USC, Utah & College of Charleston recently offered 2015 BMore’s Finest (MD) SG Nico Clareth, per his coach.

also worth noting, the state of Tennessee has 3 players in the top 40 and not 1 is from Memphis. Jaylen Fisher is 23, Braxton Blackwell is 28 and Ado is 38....if Tyndall is serious about recruiting the state he will have his chance to really show it in 2016.

I remember the film, just got the year confused. Impressive highlights on this kid. He is quickly blowing up.

6'11" guys typically just shot up and are uncoordinated, this guy is 16 and 6'11" so he's got a huge advantage of actually not looking like a newborn deer out there.

Even if he doesn't grow another inch he's gonna be a big time prospect as he should really be able to improve his athleticism and coordination going forward. He's draw comparisons to Embid and is said to be better at this stage of their careers, high praise.

also worth noting, the state of Tennessee has 3 players in the top 40 and not 1 is from Memphis. Jaylen Fisher is 23, Braxton Blackwell is 28 and Ado is 38....if Tyndall is serious about recruiting the state he will have his chance to really show it in 2016.

Jaylen Fisher is from Memphis.

Jaylen Fisher is from Memphis.

He's not from metro Memphis like your typical Memphis kids, he's from Arlington which is ~30 minutes from downtown Memphis.

I'm sure that area is still pro Memphis and has a strong pull, but my point was he wasn't actually from Memphis like the Joe Jackson's, Nick King's etc.

He's not from metro Memphis like your typical Memphis kids, he's from Arlington which is ~30 minutes from downtown Memphis.

I'm sure that area is still pro Memphis and has a strong pull, but my point was he wasn't actually from Memphis like the Joe Jackson's, Nick King's etc.

Yes. Arlington is to Memphis, as Strawberry Plains is to Knoxville. Same county, same school systems. Got a speeding ticket there in my younger years.

Right I get that, should've been more clear, but it's not Memphis like the typical Memphis kid.

No problem. He's close enough to metro-Memphis that I would venture to guess the same influences that dislike Tennessee will most likely extend out to him as well. The anti-UT agenda will most likely still be an issue for Tyndall to overcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back