Recruiting Forum Way Too Early Predictions

12-1. SEC champs. Our 1 loss is in the regular season, but not sure to who. I say 1 loss, because as has been proven, it's so hard to go undefeated in this league. We make the playoffs, but won't pick the outcomes at this time.

Reactions: 1 person
Saturday on offense Kerby and Pearson only Seniors. On D Williams, Randolph, and McNeil. Next year is finally THE next year.

Floor: 9-3
-Would require bad injuries and bad luck

Ceiling: 12-0
-Would require few/relatively inconsequential injuries, a break here or there, and the passing game becoming a bigger threat. Dobbs needs to become a threat to throw for 200+ in every game while remaining a threat on the ground, IMO.

This. 100% agree. To get to 12-0 will take Dobbs improving his passing as stated. IF that were to happen Butch could go on a roll unlike anything seen at UT since the General. He has to start beating the elite to make it happen.

Same thing was said against Arkansas this year

I guarantee you we don't lose that game if we didn't have our hearts ripped out against Florida. That's the only game this year the team didn't show up. We let Florida beat us twice that night.

Before our bowl game, signing day, and spring practice, what's everyone's regular season record predictions for next year?

For me, I'll break it down like this:

Definite wins:

- Appalachian State
- Virginia tech (Fuente is a really good coach, but I don't see him vastly improving the hokies so early in the season)
- Ohio
- USCe
- Tennessee Tech
- Kentucky
- Mizzou
- Vandy

Toss ups:

- Florida
- UGA
- Bama
- TAMU

Definite Losses:

None. For the first time in a long time, it's safe to say that we have a legit chance at winning every game (including the bama game).

I think we will finish 10-2 barring major injuries. Anything less than 9-3 is a disappointment.

I'm going to go on a limb and say next year really is the year that we are hoping for and we go 11-1 only losing one of the road games @A&M and @UGA.

It would be amazing.

End the UF and Bama streaks, the streak to West opponents, go undefeated at home and very, very likely win the East with a shot at the playoff and SEC title against the West champ in ATL.

I really think it is happening and obviously would be an amazing achievement by the staff.

Other records and what they would mean.

10-2 would also be a very positive record and I would be pumped at that.

9-3 would be a bit disappointing but would still have me on Jones' wagon. (especially if one of the W's is against either UF or Bama.)

8-4 would be upsetting and Jones would be on the hotseat a bit heading into 2017.

7-5 or 6-6 and his seat would be on fire in 2017.

5-7 or worse and he gone.

Reactions: 2 people
12-1. SEC champs. Our 1 loss is in the regular season, but not sure to who. I say 1 loss, because as has been proven, it's so hard to go undefeated in this league. We make the playoffs, but won't pick the outcomes at this time.

Good news is that in the SEC you can get 1 L and still make the playoff as long as that one L doesn't somehow keep you out of the SEC title game.

The season all hinges on that UF game. I can look on paper and say we should be this record or that record but this team flat out did not come out and play versus Arkansas. We lose an emotional game like UF and we have a rough run of games following that. UGA maybe down but they have the talent to beat us. Texas A&M and Bama as well. This team if healthy should be at worst 10-2 next year but I could see 8-4 again if we have injuries or we just don't show up to play one week. This is the SEC, you just can't pencil in victories because you're the more talented team. You have a bad quarter of football and you end up with an L on your record.

The season all hinges on that UF game. I can look on paper and say we should be this record or that record but this team flat out did not come out and play versus Arkansas. We lose an emotional game like UF and we have a rough run of games following that. UGA maybe down but they have the talent to beat us. Texas A&M and Bama as well. This team if healthy should be at worst 10-2 next year but I could see 8-4 again if we have injuries or we just don't show up to play one week. This is the SEC, you just can't pencil in victories because you're the more talented team. You have a bad quarter of football and you end up with an L on your record.

With UF losing Grier and many of their best defenders and the game being in Knoxville, I think the goalposts finally come down and we end the streak.

With the momentum of that win we go into Athens and boatrace the Dawgs.

At that point our heads get a bit too big and we can't win back to back road games and trip up in College Station.

We refocus and come back home to beat Alabama on a last second FG by Medley.

We are #4 in the first release of the playoff rankings and don't have another game down the stretch within 14 points.

We head to ATL #2 in the country ready to win our first SEC title since 1998 and a spot in the Playoffs.

DAMN THAT SOUNDS FUN!:dance2:

Reactions: 2 people
With UF losing Grier and many of their best defenders and the game being in Knoxville, I think the goalposts finally come down and we end the streak.

With the momentum of that win we go into Athens and boatrace the Dawgs.

At that point our heads get a bit too big and we can't win back to back road games and trip up in College Station.

We refocus and come back home to beat Alabama on a last second FG by Medley.

We are #4 in the first release of the playoff rankings and don't have another game down the stretch within 14 points.

We head to ATL #2 in the country ready to win our first SEC title since 1998 and a spot in the Playoffs.

DAMN THAT SOUNDS FUN!:dance2:
Yeah, I'm not going to lie. I like your scenario better. :)

I say we go 9-3 and win a bowl game, first 10 win season in a loooong time.

We beat Florida

lose to Bama A&M and one other let down game.

It sounds like there may be some shakeups coming to the coaching staff (from LWS in the FB Forum), and there is always attrition from the roster (this time last year who thought we would see D. Scott, D. Hendrix, V. Wharton, and D. Helm all transfer?). I want to see the fallout from all that before I get too excited about next year, but...

I think 10-2 is very reasonable and agree that every game should be winnable. I don't like having our 4 toughest games back to back to back. My early guess is that we go 2-2 in those games, but I wouldn't be surprised by 3-1 or 1-3. I'll say we split the home games, beating either Bama or UF, but not both, and we split those 2 road games as well.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back