Recruiting Forum: Official Vanderbilt Pre-Game/Game Thread

I believe the Peach is part of the playoff this year.

Didn't realize that. Thought it was the Orange, Fiesta, Sugar, and Rose for some reason.

Edit: after checking Cotton and Orange Bowls are this year's semi final games. Chick filet is one of next season's semi final games.

Last edited:
Didn't realize that. Thought it was the Orange, Fiesta, Sugar, and Rose for some reason.

Thought it was only 2 of the New Year's Six each year in the playoff.

There's only 2 bowl games that serve as "playoff" semi finals each year, right?

So I was partially wrong. This year, it's the Cotton and Orange. The Peach hosts the semifinal next year. That is why they went back to the Peach instead of being called the Chik fil A Bowl.

Great finish to the season.
Still have to see how we play/coach vs teams with even or better talent.

The Bama game gave me hope.

Sky is the limit for this defense.
LBs look like late 90s backers.

One worry, if JRM gets a 2nd round grade or higher he basically has to leave. The quicker you get to that 2nd contract the better off you are.

The LBs are playing off each other. When Tuttle comes back it will really get scary. Him penetrating with Kirkland cleaning up the mess will be fun. Then there is that Barnett guy around. And KMack will fit in somewhere. This should be fun. 😁😁😁😁

The LBs are playing off each other. When Tuttle comes back it will really get scary. Him penetrating with Kirkland cleaning up the mess will be fun. Then there is that Barnett guy around. And KMack will fit in somewhere. This should be fun. 😁😁😁😁

I think she could have said all this.

Reactions: 3 people
Hey BB...I respect your analysis..what in the heck was going on tonight specifically? The defense should be a little embarrassed for sleepwalking through the first half. I was listening on the radio when I could, but I didn't get to see any of the game.

Hey BB...I respect your analysis..what in the heck was going on tonight specifically? The defense should be a little embarrassed for sleepwalking through the first half. I was listening on the radio when I could, but I didn't get to see any of the game.

Dumb play calls, misalignments, and lack of intensity. Everything was wrong lol

I agree they just got leverage on us inside and Webb ran hard after he got into the second level. We didn't tackle we at first. Once we gave a crap, that stopped real quick.

They whipped us up the middle for a while. That was the main thing.

That's weird..vandys offense is garbage..it is troubling. I guess that just proves you can't take anything for granted.

D picked up the pace after a discussion and adjustments at half. Gave up two TDs in garbage time on senior night. Not too worried

Was great to see us dominate both sides of ball after halftime adjustments.

That's weird..vandys offense is garbage..it is troubling. I guess that just proves you can't take anything for granted.

Like already posted, their O-line took the fight to our front 7 on D and won some battles in the first half. We were misaligned in the scheme as well as players messing up. Their QB threw a few really good passes as well that kept the D on its heels. Corrections made at half and the D brought more intensity to put it away.

The O was awesome. Kind of a reverse from the results of Mizzou.

Like already posted, their O-line took the fight to our front 7 on D and won some battles in the first half. We were misaligned in the scheme as well as players messing up. Their QB threw a few really good passes as well that kept the D on its heels. Corrections made at half and the D brought more intensity to put it away.

The O was awesome. Kind of a reverse from the results of Mizzou.

It sure was nice to finally see us try to step on an opponent's throat offensively, when we were given the opportunity to do so.

Yeah..I guess. Just wish they would maintain focus a little better. I have watched UT lose too many games they shouldn't over the last 35 years because of that. It looks like they would be lickin their chops to me, instead of taking a nap.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back