Recruiting Forum: Official Missouri Pre-Game/Game Thread

This staff has been good with extra time to prepare. Solid game plans to open games.

It's really incredible isn't it? They can straight prepare for a game like the best of them. No doubt about it.

Butch will learn from his mistakes and our youth will too. A new WR coach will do wonders and we are bidness for a playoff spot in a few years.

Attitude starts at the top. True of every organization. Bray under Butch is either phenomenal or not starting. Either way, leadership failed a teenager

He wasn't raised by Dooley. Can't have a bad attitude and blame it on your superiors. Majority of that blame is on you as the one with the attitude. He had that bad attitude by himself and was a negative impact to the locker room.

Reactions: 2 people
It's really incredible isn't it? They can straight prepare for a game like the best of them. No doubt about it.

Butch will learn from his mistakes and our youth will too. A new WR coach will do wonders and we are bidness for a playoff spot in a few years.

We have to get a new WR coach, if for no other reason than to sell to recruits that the passing game will be better due to better coaching and coordination of the passing game. I asked this question a couple of times last night and didn't get a response...does anyone think we are not throwing it that much, especially risky throws over the middle, because we are so injured and thin at WR that we are trying to prevent anymore injuries? And the other reason tied into that being that we run the ball so well, even with the defense stacking the box, that we can win these games with that type of game plan.

The other question: what happened to Kamara in the 2nd half? I don't think he had one single touch, and was pretty effective with the ball in his hands in the first half. It's like sometimes we just completely forget who our playmakers are, and I don't completely have a problem with riding Hurd, as he was punishing that defense running the ball. Just wondering if he got hurt or what...he could have really gashed a tired defense, if mixed in some with Hurd.

We have some studs on D that are freshmen. This last class was stacked for us.

It has been a joy to watch our Defense jell this Fall into one of the best in the country and with a lot of young players. They just shut down Misery last night. Big MAC showed up last night along with Kirkland who has really come on in the last few games. Watching them swarm to the ball and constant pressure on Misery's QB was a pleasure to watch. Shout out to Strip and his gang. :rock:

Reactions: 1 person
I see that hand, Catbone.

51d490456a322741e7661d9280ff5f6d.jpg

It was a great win. I've been attending games for 40 years and last night was the coldest I've ever been. I can imagine the lineman felt like they were breaking fingers every time they get hit someone.

It has been a joy to watch our Defense jell this Fall into one of the best in the country and with a lot of young players. They just shut down Misery last night. Big MAC showed up last night along with Kirkland who has really come on in the last few games. Watching them swarm to the ball and constant pressure on Misery's QB was a pleasure to watch. Shout out to Strip and his gang. :rock:

That's without Tuttle and Phillips. 😁😁😁😁

And Brian Randolph played with some anger last night. I've enjoyed watching him fly up to the LOS ala Bob Sanders lately.

The other question: what happened to Kamara in the 2nd half? I don't think he had one single touch, and was pretty effective with the ball in his hands in the first half. It's like sometimes we just completely forget who our playmakers are, and I don't completely have a problem with riding Hurd, as he was punishing that defense running the ball. Just wondering if he got hurt or what...he could have really gashed a tired defense, if mixed in some with Hurd.

Kamara got 127 yds. & 2 TDs last week while Hurd got 72 yds. Coaches wanted to get Hurd over 1000 yds. on the season last night to keep him happy IMO.

Kamara had a couple of catches for little or no gain and a twenty-yard rush in the third. Nothing in the fourth.

That may have been the thing. But he was punishing Mizzou too.

Yes he was. He ran like a man possessed. I love Hurd. I really hope he gets the all time UT rushing record. He's a great athlete and probably going to be a great ambassador for the school during his pro career.

VN Store

Back