Recruiting Forum: Official Florida Pre-Game/Game Thread

And if I'm QD I make them pay with throws to Callaway. That dude won't be denied.

The problem is Florida plays hard press coverage so they are going to try and take his short safe throws away. Lets just hope he goes through his progressions and see the field before letting it fly.

The problem is Florida plays hard press coverage so they are going to try and take his short safe throws away. Lets just hope he goes through his progressions and see the field before letting it fly.

My money is on Callaway if QD throws some 50/50 balls.

Reactions: 2 people
Throwing 50/50 balls on the road against a good SEC defense can lead to disaster. I'm for pounding the run until it opens up the passing lanes. The offensive line needs to see this as a challenge with how they got whipped in the first half against Tech and how much people have dogged them since spring saying they're the weak link.

I'm loving the pro set we are running under center. We have run more out of that set in 2 games than we have in 7 years. Minus one or two plays they gained a lot of yards out of that set.

The more I think about it, if our O-Line is successful we have a good chance to win. Experience at DT and with TKjr is crucial as well.

Edit: And I am focusing on the O-Line because of the experience there which we don't have in the play-makers on O except maybe Josh Smith.

Last edited:
Every time I get convinced we are gonna win there's only one thing that keeps popping back in my mind. QD will be making his first SEC start on the road in the swamp.

Tall task for the new QB.

True, but GT on the road (sort of) was good preparation. It's not the swamp and it's not an SECE team, but I feel a lot better about it knowing that he's been through a high pressure game. Sounds like the swamp will be on the calm side anyway with low attendance.

Reactions: 1 person
Throwing 50/50 balls on the road against a good SEC defense can lead to disaster. I'm for pounding the run until it opens up the passing lanes. The offensive line needs to see this as a challenge with how they got whipped in the first half against Tech and how much people have dogged them since spring saying they're the weak link.

I'm loving the pro set we are running under center. We have run more out of that set in 2 games than we have in 7 years. Minus one or two plays they gained a lot of yards out of that set.

I like the version of under center their doing. At some point I expect Berry & Byrd to lineup where the TEs are right now

I like the version of under center their doing. At some point I expect Berry & Byrd to lineup where the TEs are right now

I don't know if our lineman are that athletic and used to cut blocking like ga tech to run the veer. You can do a lot out of that single back look though. You can go jumbo with 3 te and bring one in motion and use them like a fullback. Use one tightend for the defense would probably have to go nickel to account for the wr's. Create's better lanes for the lineman to block.

They def have used it to run and play action and that is a dangerous look for them to have. It keeps the defense on their heels and opens up the field.

I don't know if our lineman are that athletic and used to cut blocking like ga tech to run the veer. You can do a lot out of that single back look though. You can go jumbo with 3 te and bring one in motion and use them like a fullback. Use one tightend for the defense would probably have to go nickel to account for the wr's. Create's better lanes for the lineman to block.

They def have used it to run and play action and that is a dangerous look for them to have. It keeps the defense on their heels and opens up the field.

I think you could easily call a quick screen to Byrd or sweep to Berry. Doesn't have to be triple option. I agree that the possibilities out of that set are almost endless

I think you could easily call a quick screen to Byrd or sweep to Berry. Doesn't have to be triple option. I agree that the possibilities out of that set are almost endless

Yeah and it has produced so far pretty good results and are working it in more and more into the offense. I wonder if this is something from Butch or Scott. If the latter I'm liking the hire more and more.

Yeah and it has produced so far pretty good results and are working it in more and more into the offense. I wonder if this is something from Butch or Scott. If the latter I'm liking the hire more and more.

I thought the word was last season that Scott had been working with DeBord to install more 2 TE sets.

I thought the word was last season that Scott had been working with DeBord to install more 2 TE sets.

They started using the 2 TE set out of the gun but there has always been talk the last 2 years of going more under center only to never see it. I only remember them going under center last year twice. One was against GA and other was at the goal line.

The one thing I hope QD keeps up is ball security. No turnovers against GT allowed us to win. Yes he made a bad throw that got picked and his fumble was more the receivers didn't come out of their breaks and no one was open than him, but his internal clock needs to go off and throw it out of bounds. Dobbs as great as he was in creating big plays he also had a ton of turnovers. If QD can put people in position to create big plays and eliminate the turnovers I think we have a chance to win every game even Bama.

Scott's offense would look great if the QB would deliver the deep ball. The guys are coming open deep and Scott is dialing up plays for him to take shots.

You got to make them pay early for being too aggressive. You burn them like this, and they may not press as much, and will open up the shorter stuff.

Tabor-Double-Moved-by-Jauan-Jennings.gif

Reactions: 1 person
You got to make them pay early for being too aggressive. You burn them like this, and they may not press as much, and will open up the shorter stuff.

Tabor-Double-Moved-by-Jauan-Jennings.gif

You don't have to press to take away short routes. Most short routes are picked by a player playing off coverage.

Scott's offense would look great if the QB would deliver the deep ball. The guys are coming open deep and Scott is dialing up plays for him to take shots.

I think Scott should ease QD into the game early. From there, rely on the run game. If QD throws, I want them to be vertical taking shots. If he's going to throw a pick, I'd rather field position be much different.

In his PC yesterday, McElwain specifically talked about playing against our double moves. I think it was interesting because JJ's play was the first thing I thought of. They may play a little off to try to stop some of that.

I don't think UF has the D they have had in past years and we have too many weapons on the ground and in the passing game.

I think UF's offense is as dysfunctional as a a bammer family reunion. Even if they do find a little offense of some sort it won't be enough.

I think Butch will have the team ready for this game.

I'm sure we will get UF's best game but I don't think even that will be very good, especially on O.

31- 17 Vols as Florida's offense explodes but falls short.

Reactions: 2 people
I think Scott should ease QD into the game early. From there, rely on the run game. If QD throws, I want them to be vertical taking shots. If he's going to throw a pick, I'd rather field position be much different.

Any sign of the blitz or pressure and he's throwing the checkdown or quick pass on the play. Doesn't matter what Scott calls that's just how he plays. When he holds the ball he really holds it a while so we'll see.

VN Store

Back