Recruiting Forum: Official Florida Pre-Game/Game Thread

Yeah. These are terrible. Usually really excited, and hard to sleep first. Then, the game ends at 6:00, when I normally get up. Either excitement or distress makes it near impossible to steal a couple more hours on that end.

Strategy: try to sleep about 9:00, probably sleep by 10:00. 4 hours and 15 minutes. Try to get two hours post game, unlikely. Catch a nap after church

Are you solo? Or does your wife wake to partake in the Vol fandom?

Wake up Volnation! It's gameday!

john-henderson-o.gif

Reactions: 6 people
Yeah. These are terrible. Usually really excited, and hard to sleep first. Then, the game ends at 6:00, when I normally get up. Either excitement or distress makes it near impossible to steal a couple more hours on that end.

Strategy: try to sleep about 9:00, probably sleep by 10:00. 4 hours and 15 minutes. Try to get two hours post game, unlikely. Catch a nap after church

Why not during? :eek:hmy: (kidding)

Not trying to be funny, but there are seriously no good places in Gainesville. That place is truly awful. There are no redeeming qualities about it in my opinion, other than the pretty trees. After we win, I wouldn't imagine it will be safe anywhere in town to be young, tipsy and celebrating a Vol win. UF is filled with carpetbaggers and Superbros. You will think you just stepped out in Ocean City MD, Philly, Atlantic City or south beach more so than somewhere in the South. Southern hospitality got lost somewhere in the panhandle of Florida, and left the rest of the godforsaken state to the Yankee invaders. If I were you, I'd set up a tailgate and just hang out there after the game with just your UT brethren. Going to bars afterwards is just asking for unnecessary trouble.

All that said, after the 2011 game, my friends and I (about 8 of us in the same age range as you are now) went to the worlds worst gentleman's club somewhere near Gainesville. They didn't serve alcohol, they didn't turn down the lights, and the girls (actually, old haggard women) danced on a lunch counter while truckers ate club sandwiches underneath them. Picture a waffle house that somehow had been turned into a gentleman's club. Needless to say, that was a miserable trip.

I just threw up

Fellow Vol fans, emergency! I have a dinner engagement that there is not way that I am going to get out of during the second half of UT v Florida this Saturday. What is the best way for me to watch the second half of the game after the dinner? I do not have DVR so recording is not an option. (I have told everyone that I will see not to mention the score or talk about the game. I have also turned off all score notifications on my phone)

buy a $10 vcr

Here's my prediction for today:

Vols - more points
Gators - less points

Vols, whatever it takes, JUST WIN!!!

Reactions: 1 person
Nobody should have to work on Saturday during football season! Boo! I can't focus on anything and I shouldn't be expected to! This is straight BS!

Anyway, I've got the DVR set and will go full airplane mode at 3:30 until I can get home and get caught up to live game action.

JUST WIN VOLS! JUST FLIPPIN WIN!! WOOOOOOO!!!!!
giphy.gif

Reactions: 2 people
Saw this at the knights inn in gainesville. You on here??

Attachments

• Snapchat--2304760599128392382.jpg
    Snapchat--2304760599128392382.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: 4 people
Anyone ever used the cbs sports app to watch the game? I'll have to go into work after the first quarter and I've never used it. I've got it downloaded but can't seem to get the live tv to work.

VN Store

Back