Recruiting Forum Off Topic Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Technically you are Gen X on the cusp of being a millennial. You can be in those generations and still dislike social media. Many people don’t see or pay attention to what all it does and is doing to our society.

It allows for the mass spread of misinformation. It promotes group think and hive mind. It collects all aspects of your information so you are nothing but information wrapped in a neat bow for companies and advertisers. There are addictive elements imbedded in the system. There are reasons psychologists are employed at these companies.

All this coming from a millennial that works in the tech sector and uses social media. It’s just what culture is becoming.
futile.gif

Technically you are Gen X on the cusp of being a millennial. You can be in those generations and still dislike social media. Many people don’t see or pay attention to what all it does and is doing to our society.

It allows for the mass spread of misinformation. It promotes group think and hive mind. It collects all aspects of your information so you are nothing but information wrapped in a neat bow for companies and advertisers. There are addictive elements imbedded in the system. There are reasons psychologists are employed at these companies.

All this coming from a millennial that works in the tech sector and uses social media. It’s just what culture is becoming.

I see it everyday at work. It’s sad what it does to people including my own children. I made a bet with my daughter she couldn’t go a full day without posting a new Tic Toc or checking it for likes. She couldn’t and lost her phone for a week. By the end of the week, she had almost become feral. People in this thread joke about like it is harmless but it isn’t. It’s a very difficult problem for schools as students would rather be suspended than have their phone taken up for having it out during class because their “friends” are on there. Some of you have no idea what even seemingly “good” kids are capable of own social media, ranging from nude pictures to shockingly mean bullying. I don’t mean high school seniors. I mean middle school students. They create burner accounts that are hidden while their “public” profile for their parents and relatives is squeaky clean. There are apps that hide it into calculators, and compressed files that are nearly impossible to find. It isn’t harmless fun like many naive adults on here claim it is. It’s not surprising many adults take part in it as well hoping to become “famous”.

A forum is a form of social media, homey. It's actually the origin of it.

Next time I have an issue with a student bullying another I will be sure to check for a Volnation account where everyone is anonymous and has no personal identification. There is nothing more disturbing than two anonymous people bullying each other on a football message board. Homey

Next time I have an issue with a student bullying another I will be sure to check for a Volnation account where everyone is anonymous and has no personal identification. There is nothing more disturbing than two anonymous people bullying each other on a football message board. Homey
Well, since they do check for that in situations of extreme bullying, your basis is off point.

Unless I know who you are and you know who I am, the bullying can only last as long as I or you keep the same screen name or are members on this site. You are trying way too hard
Not really. I brought up the fact that forums or a form of social media. You tried to take this to a very specific use case.

I’m actually CJ, the new writer. I also run rockytoprecruiting on IG

I’ve been vocal in the DW thread I think he’s gonna pick Tennessee. I’m just gonna be the one that dies on the hill of the group, just can’t see Moose going 0fer on all his top prospects in a cycle. Also I think the silence from the insiders on our end is pretty telling. If it wasn’t us then AV or someone would’ve let us know like he did with Tate. We haven’t got any info out of Washington. No one has, all the picks are pretty much just guesses and everyone’s piggy backing UGA because they’re the most vocal.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he picked Georgia. Hell I wouldn’t be surprised if it was Alabama but IMO I think we’re gonna get him.

I listen to your guys’ podcast with RTI. I enjoy the insight and candidness, even when it might be to the detriment of UT. I may not always agree with some of the evals, but you guys do a solid job. It’s obvious you guys are out there busting your butts to get scoops.

Reactions: VOLUNTEERSZN
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back