Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will have a redshirt freshman next year. I am not worried about next year. Play to win this year, and everything will fall into place. If you beat one of Auburn, Florida, or South Carolina, recruiting will be rolling.
Nobody cares about next year...till next year is here. I have a reallyhard time believing Chryst is much better at anything. I don't blindly trust Helton like you guys do.

With as silent as Pruitt is, I'm sure Fulmer isn't going to go behind his back and share all these details that are top secret to a booster that is known in the boards. Everyone knows Larry shares here, so why would Phil spill the beans to him.

Maybe he did. I doubt it, but it's possible.

But I don't think it's wrong for the majority of people to discount him and his persistently negative outlooks on the program that we are all hopeful fanatics of.
If he said the best we can hope for in this season and the foreseeable future is 5 wins a season and that's if we get lucky, then yeah, I'm not gonna take what he says without a healthy grade of slaw.

Look..I did this all last weekend, and I'm not doing it again. I may be wrong about how putrid the offense is going to be with Chryst, and IF he is the starter I hope I am..But I will have to see that to believe it.

I just want somebody to play well at QB.

Not really. The floor has literally never been 4 when last year our team was underdeveloped and still had 2-3 games it could have won. Historically, 4 is not a floor at UT.
Dead on, man! Idk why it is so hard to see, if we would have had ANY OTHER COACH, ANY OTHER, besides Butch Jones last year, we MOST DEFINITELY get to 6 wins, possibly more. The man lost the UF and SC games, LITERALLY, on his own. Had chance after chance to win those games, with just one different play call here, or just one different play call there, but HE couldn't do it. We win that UF game, like we should have (not to mention the way we got beat), we come nowhere close to the record we ended with. That UF game, that one game, cost us the entire season. As soon as Franks let that pass go, our season was over. Silver lining, it showed Butch the door.

Nobody cares about next year...till next year is here. I have a reallyhard time believing Chryst is much better at anything. I don't blindly trust Helton like you guys do.

You miss a few things in life if you are worrying about next year. Here and now. The point is that next year will take care of itself if you provide competent coaching and beat a team that the “experts” don’t think you can beat.

If he said the best we can hope for in this season and the foreseeable future is 5 wins a season and that's if we get lucky, then yeah, I'm not gonna take what he says without a healthy grade of slaw.

LWS is guilty of passing off stuff from VolQuest as his own “insider” information.

But he didn’t say we were damnend to an eternity of 5 wins. That’s an exaggeration of what he said.

I personally think the guy is mostly fos and a attention whore with his “insiderness”

But for last 6-7 years he has predicted our record witnhin 1 win every time while many in this thread overestimate by 3 wins almost every single season without fail or recourse.

Do with that info as you wish.

Reactions: Darth_Shiveman
You don’t have to blindly trust someone to give them the benefit of the doubt, dude. Save the criticism for when it’s fair to make it. We don’t know what’s really going on and you’re getting pissy over the idea of things not being handled the way you’d like.

You're right. It is just that the thought of watching teams loading the box, shutting down the run, and KC throwing 5 yard out worm killers on 3rd and seven sickens me

I certainly don't want to go through another season watching that either, but do you really think that this staff went through all those motions to bring in a sub-par QB and are pushing him to be the starter for political reasons?
That would mean you probably don't have too high of an opinion of their overall ability to evaluate talent. Is that fair to say, or are you just having issues with the QB situation? I, for one, am not too high on JG at this point with him going into his third year in college and not being more settled, accurate, and consistent than he is at this point. I would assume both will play and we will see who gets it done when the lights come on...

Do you feel the coaches are in a position where they have to name the starter this week? Give him and the 1st team time to settle in, take the reigns, and then tweak things over the next two weeks.

No i don’t. I think our offense is very simple (throw wise) and which QB isn’t all that important.

I think they will wait til the last second to keep wvu guessing.

If KC gets the nod it sure as hell better be because he is more than just marginally better than JG.

Even if he is a tiny bit better, that could be the difference in making a bowl game or not. Adding 2 more wins to any team is a lot of times tough so every little bit matters. We are no place to play for the future imo.

I wasn’t only limiting that to JG tho. I would have to think McBride would consider leaving if he isn’t at least the #3.

Reactions: nesbuddha66
LWS is guilty of passing off stuff from VolQuest as his own “insider” information.

But he didn’t say we were damnend to an eternity of 5 wins. That’s an exaggeration of what he said.

I personally think the guy is mostly fos and a attention whore with his “insiderness”

But for last 6-7 years he has predicted our record witnhin 1 win every time while many in this thread overestimate by 3 wins almost every single season without fail or recourse.

Do with that info as you wish.
I wish to do this with that info.

XV-Nulla

See that is where we differ. I am not sure KC is "beating out" anybody. I think it has been an uphill battle for JG since Helton brought KC in.

The coaches aren’t stupid. They would love if the sophmore would take the reigns and not look bad. He’s giving them reasons to doubt and keep giving KC more reps in game like situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back