Recruiting Forum Football Talk XXXII

Status
Not open for further replies.
In.

Agree with AV on Osborne. Especially now with a real coach. He's talented. Still want Byrd to play his natural position where he can impact half the game instead of a few plays a game. With Callaway, Johnson and Williams rolling into the WR action more we simply do not need to let his talent be largely wasted.
Absolutely agree. Starting to feel good about our D for next year. Gotta hope KMack is 100% (and 10-15 lbs heavier imo) and Alexis Johnson and a couple other DTs can contribute. Anything we get from Shy next year is gravy. Need some LBs to step up and stay healthy and KP, Kongbo and Taylor to step up.

Ugh, after typing all that we still have a ton of question marks.

Anyone ever say for sure what Shy's injury was?

Reactions: 1 person
First page first timer!!!!!!!!

EDIT: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

SHAME! SHAME! SHAME!
248f0c80-5f08-0133-4d21-0e3f8b958f63.gif

Reactions: 7 people
Looks like O'Connell only has two years of coaching experience, one year with the Browns and another with the 49ers

Not having played football except for a couple years in middle school, I'm curious about how important upper body strength is for a DT (K Mack)? He tore a pectoral muscle or something like that, right? When I saw him on the sideline at MCB, I thought his upper body looked relatively small (compared to the rest of him). Just wondering if this will be a significant setback...I'd assume he can't do much upper body training for a while.

Lot's of questions and assumptions there...I'd appreciate any feedback from those who are more informed about these things!

Looks like O'Connell only has two years of coaching experience, one year with the Browns and another with the 49ers

He's only 31, and was in the NFL a handful of years. Fairly high draft pick too , taken in the 3rd round. I think this is a guy you pull the trigger on.

Would be cool to have him and Wes Welker on staff, two ex pats

Repeating myself, but I have been wondering if Canales may be a Plan B option. Was just guessing that CBJ may have his sights set on someone else like O'Connell or maybe Matt Lafleur, even though there has been no mentions of interviews with him.

O'Connell had potential to be with the 49ers this Fall with McDaniels. LaFleur still does with Shanahan still in the running.

Could get interesting.

He's only 31, and was in the NFL a handful of years. Fairly high draft pick too , taken in the 3rd round. I think this is a guy you pull the trigger on.

Would be cool to have him and Wes Welker on staff, two ex pats

He'd probably be a better recruiter than Canales with that NFL experience. You do wonder tho with that relatively little coaching experience whether or not he can truly develop a QB. He's never done it before.
Would love to add Welker as well! Would be awesome

Believ he was a QB guru under Whitfield before that. He apparently has a big name in private QB coaching circles from his time helping Whitfield. Whitfield is a strong believer in him that he is going to be one of the best at any level. He would need to show he wants to be in college though cuz NFL teams will be calling each year

If hired watch for Feldman to make a nice recommendation for him. He is a big fan when I google searched his name. Feldman mentioned him when I think he either went to niners or browns

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Believ he was a QB guru under Whitfield before that. He apparently has a big name in private QB coaching circles from his time helping Whitfield. Whitfield is a strong believer in him that he is going to be one of the best at any level. He would need to show he wants to be in college though cuz NFL teams will be calling each year

Only question would be how long he stays. Could be one of those guys that bolts after a year or two. If he agrees to a buyout then I would take that chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back