Recruiting Forum Football Talk XXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mfing father in law has blown up my phone.

You should have just texted him 38-28, and then called his team COWARDS! I'm surprised Florida didn't cancel their game yesterday, as it poured the only time I turned it over to check the score. Oh wait, they played Mizzou with an extra bye week...didn't need to cancel that one.

Bama would have never suspended O'Brien.

We aren't Bama! Who cares! They are corrupt, and everyone knows it! When they tumble, it will be a mighty fall. I'll ride with my guys, my university, and my coach, who is trying to do things the right way! Yes, I want to win, but it's just a small part of why our country has and continues to go to crap...we let people get away with everything without consequences. Butch is holding kids accountable for their actions. I tip my hat to him for trying to run a program and build to a championship level, while making kids pay the consequence for their actions.

Reactions: 3 people
We have recruited "good" players and will continue to recruit good players and occasionally will land a couple "great" players. However, I can't imagine a situation where we can match Bama stride for stride for the "elite" players.

It's a sad reality but it is true. Hate to quote Dooley but he was right when he said that recruiting was like the draft but Alabama gets the first 25 picks. They have a machine down there with no signs of it slowing down. Maybe even getting stronger.

We aren't Bama! Who cares! They are corrupt, and everyone knows it! When they tumble, it will be a mighty fall. I'll ride with my guys, my university, and my coach, who is trying to do things the right way! Yes, I want to win, but it's just a small part of why our country has and continues to go to crap...we let people get away with everything without consequences. Butch is holding kids accountable for their actions. I tip my hat to him for trying to run a program and build to a championship level, while making kids pay the consequence for their actions.

Can't disagree but they're not going down anytime soon. I doubt we beat them for at least another 5 years.

He said a week ago that he is not discussing any injuries, so don't ask. The media continues to ask. I said there's no reason to speculate...wait and see who trots out on the field at 3:30. We had many who didn't even trot out on the field in uniform.

It's a tough issue. First, there are federal privacy laws that have to be considered. Then you want to avoid looking like you're excuse making after a loss. I do wish something more was said, although maybe not by Jones. If you watched SEC Today this morning and didn't know much about UT, you would think that Bama just housed the same roster that beat UF and UGA. The only mention of injuries that I heard in the entire breakdown of the game was a general statement in the clip of Jones's post game press conference.

Sorry but 15 damn injuries to starters is more than bad luck. Butch better be looking at conditioning strong right about now. Something is not right for this to happen. No other teams are dealing with anything like this. And we better hope to hell that many of these guys are back in 2 weeks especially on the OL or we could have some serious problems in Columbia. If we dropped that game I'm afraid the wheels might come off. Desperately need to get some good news on at least some of these injuries.

Dang. This just hit me. We could be ranked lower than the Gators lol.

After not being happy about that game and the injuries, I just realized something. We should be RANKED when we hit the easier part of our schedule. How long has it been since this has happened?

Reactions: 1 person
Some of you guys are insufferable, and need to find something else in life to enjoy! Do you realize we dressed less than 70 players for a HOME GAME??? A home game! We aren't just hurt with bumps and bruises, but we are injured in a bad way. Our roster was deep enough to handle a handful of injuries...it was nowhere close to handling the amount of injuries that we have had, in which you need your toes to count them. Sack up and forget this game. We played the #1 team in the country with 2nd, 3rd, and 4th stringers. Before halftime, we had an OL playing that only had 1 original starter from the 1st game of the year. We returned 18 starters, and by the 2nd quarter we had less than 50% of those starters on the field, and even some of their back-ups weren't on the field.

The only thing that I will join in with complaining about is the offensive game plan. After we lost our entire starting line, I can understand getting ultra-conservative. However, why we don't continue to run our offense out of the split-back formation is beyond me. We were bashing them on the 1st drive and stopped it. I don't know why we won't continue running something until the opponent proves they can stop it. Bama continued running the same outside run plays until we proved we could stop it, and we couldn't.

We are 5-2 with wins over Georgia and Florida, even with major injuries. Our hope has to be that our injuries are able to heal in 2 weeks. If we are still without a considerable amount of starters for the back half of our schedule, then things won't be as easy as we hoped.

Sorry but 15 damn injuries to starters is more than bad luck. Butch better be looking at conditioning strong right about now. Something is not right for this to happen. No other teams are dealing with anything like this. And we better hope to hell that many of these guys are back in 2 weeks especially on the OL or we could have some serious problems in Columbia. If we dropped that game I'm afraid the wheels might come off. Desperately need to get some good news on at least some of these injuries.

Take a Xanax and calm down. A lot of these injuries have nothing to do with S&C. Does someone landing on your leg from behind and rolling your ankle have something to do with S&C? Football is a game of contact. Injuries happen, and unfortunately, we have had more than our fair share. A few of our players are out with concussions...when refs let teams get away with dirty hits and doesn't stop it, that's what happens. A&M game was brutal for us with that injury. We are talking about injuries for guys who can't even play...we aren't even considering guys who are pretty banged up and playing though it. Just have to hope we can get a good amount of guys healthy in the bye week.

Some of you guys are insufferable, and need to find something else in life to enjoy! Do you realize we dressed less than 70 players for a HOME GAME??? A home game! We aren't just hurt with bumps and bruises, but we are injured in a bad way. Our roster was deep enough to handle a handful of injuries...it was nowhere close to handling the amount of injuries that we have had, in which you need your toes to count them. Sack up and forget this game. We played the #1 team in the country with 2nd, 3rd, and 4th stringers. Before halftime, we had an OL playing that only had 1 original starter from the 1st game of the year. We returned 18 starters, and by the 2nd quarter we had less than 50% of those starters on the field, and even some of their back-ups weren't on the field.

The only thing that I will join in with complaining about is the offensive game plan. After we lost our entire starting line, I can understand getting ultra-conservative. However, why we don't continue to run our offense out of the split-back formation is beyond me. We were bashing them on the 1st drive and stopped it. I don't know why we won't continue running something until the opponent proves they can stop it. Bama continued running the same outside run plays until we proved we could stop it, and we couldn't.

We are 5-2 with wins over Georgia and Florida, even with major injuries. Our hope has to be that our injuries are able to heal in 2 weeks. If we are still without a considerable amount of starters for the back half of our schedule, then things won't be as easy as we hoped.

It is amazing and sad that we've lost so many players. After last night the fans, coaches, and players need this:

giphy.gif

The injury situation is truly baffling. I can't think of any team in any sport that has suffered more injuries than we have. And we are just barely past the midpoint in the season.

Reactions: 1 person
The team we fielded yesterday isn't good enough to win out. We need Kirkland and the OL back.

I anticipate Kirkland being ready. Robertson and Weisman too.

No clue what happened to Kendrick, Hall or Foreman.

Justin Martin getting out of the dog house would be nice as well.

The team we fielded yesterday isn't good enough to win out. We need Kirkland and the OL back.

I anticipate Kirkland being ready. Robertson and Weisman too.

No clue what happened to Kendrick, Hall or Foreman.

Justin Martin getting out of the dog house would be nice as well.

Did Martin play?

The injury situation is truly baffling. I can't think of any team in any sport that has suffered more injuries than we have. And we are just barely past the midpoint in the season.

I've thought about this a lot. I think our injuries are because of several factors.

1. Letting teams we should blow out by the end of the half hang around making our starters have to play longer than they should. This is two fold because not only are the starters having to go the whole game, our backups are not getting experience.

2. I think our players go 100% all the time. They sacrifice their bodies for the team. I think they do this more than any other team I've seen in a while. They never give up. This isn't a negative but it does come at a cost imo.

3. Luck. I think we've been extremely unfortunate when it comes to injuries thus year.

I don't think the strength and conditioning has anything to do with it.

IMO, to completely disregard the injury bug for this game is dumb. But, to completely disregard the level of coaching we performed yesterday is stupid as well. I called for Bajakians job halfway through the first year. Been calling for Debords job halfway through last year. Problem is we won't see a true OC here.

I think we have 2 coaching changes after this year is done. WR and LB. Other possibilities are DB and OL.

One bright spot yesterday I thought was the play of E Moseley. He's really improved this season.

Derek Barnett is a glowing spot! Love that young man! With all due respect to Reggie White, I hope DB can break the sack record. And if he doesn't win Defensive POTY for the SEC at the very least, then it's a sham! Also, he should win the Outland trophy. He's the best lineman in the country. I'm sure he will screwed out of it, but he deserves it. I hope he gets what he deserves after the year finishes.

Reactions: 2 people
I've thought about this a lot. I think our injuries are because of several factors.

1. Letting teams we should blow out by the end of the half hang around making our starters have to play longer than they should. This is two fold because not only are the starters having to go the whole game, our backups are not getting experience.

2. I think our players go 100% all the time. They sacrifice their bodies for the team. I think they do this more than any other team I've seen in a while. They never give up. This isn't a negative but it does come at a cost imo.

3. Luck. I think we've been extremely unfortunate when it comes to injuries thus year.

I don't think the strength and conditioning has anything to do with it.

I agree with you that s&c has nothing to do with it. It would be different if we had a bunch of hamstring, back, or rotator cuff injuries but we have ankles, concussions, shoulders etc. it's just plain old bad luck.

Derek Barnett is a glowing spot! Love that young man! With all due respect to Reggie White, I hope DB can break the sack record. And if he doesn't win Defensive POTY for the SEC at the very least, then it's a sham! Also, he should win the Outland trophy. He's the best lineman in the country. I'm sure he will screwed out of it, but he deserves it. I hope he gets what he deserves after the year finishes.

We could use 22 Barnetts. He's a player. He would be even better if he wasn't the only player in the front seven they had to focus on. Our injuries at LB have hurt his production a bit I think.

Truth. He's a great player and a pleasure to watch.

what are the thread's thoughts so far on Shoop?

I like some of what I've seen but overall I feel like the D has been far less than was advertised when we brought him in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back