Recruiting Forum Football Talk XX

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been a looooong time since we've had a punter who could flip field position like this one does. He's been absolutely amazing.

I'm with you on that. Daniel has been nothing short of amazing so far. He truly is a weapon out there.

Reactions: 4 people
I agree but I would assume there would be more than that. Alignment and communication issues would be my guess.

Seeing as they couldn't move the ball at all I don't think that's it. Maybe the coaches are fine with him and pulled him from game film for fl scheming to exploit a weakness in his game. Maybe I'm overthinking it. The general fan can see though that Kirkland is better

This game is primarily on the D-line and pass rush IMO. If the D controls the LOS and pressures - we win. Beyond that Dobbs needs to step up and be the man, or step aside.

The streak ends. Vols 24-13.

I have run it in the ground basically looking for another explanation but I can't find one.

I am not a hater like others are of 53 but really hoped more of a play maker would rise to the top.

I have an explanation that is pretty obvious to those without an agenda.

Maybe Butch really believes competition is a great thing. With that assumption hopefully being true, to help determine who is the best Mike for the team Butch gave reps to both Jumper and Kirkland with the ones. That way when he goes back and looks on film, he can determine what is best for the team.

If that is Jumper than so be it, but I think we can live with Jumper for a little while longer until Georgia at least. I think it is interesting to note that Jumper came in when we were already up by thirty something.

Reactions: 1 person
Many people are under estimating how good Floridas D line is. Their weakness on D is at LB so hopefully we will scheme to exploit it.

Really need to test them on the outside vs up the middle and open up the deep passing game to keep them from stacking the box

Also, I think you are gonna see the read option a lot more this week. I wouldn't be surprised at all to let Bullard be the guy that Dobbs is gonna be reading a lot. This probably takes away the best D-Lineman they have as well as really testing their linebackers.

I have an explanation that is pretty obvious to those without an agenda.

Maybe Butch really believes competition is a great thing. With that assumption hopefully being true, to help determine who is the best Mike for the team Butch gave reps to both Jumper and Kirkland with the ones. That way when he goes back and looks on film, he can determine what is best for the team.

If that is Jumper than so be it, but I think we can live with Jumper for a little while longer until Georgia at least. I think it is interesting to note that Jumper came in when we were already up by thirty something.

Wish I knew what agenda you speak of

You make a good point about competition for sure but IMO since jumper had played most of the first 2 games the staff wouldn't have felt the need to spilt the 1st team reps to grade film to decide a competition.

Also most of the time when a staff decides to go with a true frosh as a starter they let them play thru mistakes and get as many reps as possible.

Jmo

Wish I knew what agenda you speak of

You make a good point about competition for sure but IMO since jumper had played most of the first 2 games the staff wouldn't have felt the need to spilt the 1st team reps to grade film to decide a competition.

Also most of the time when a staff decides to go with a true frosh as a starter they let them play thru mistakes and get as many reps as possible.

Jmo

Your right that Jumper has started the past two games, but in reality he has only played two games. He's not a finished product just because he has played two games, and I'm sure he looked a lot better yesterday than he did in week one. If it's a true competition they need all the film they can on both of the guys.

To your second point, Butch has repeated constantly throughout every press conference that anybody who starts the game doesn't mean he is the starter. While a lot of that is coach speak, at a position where your unsettled you would be dumb to not let both guys get reps with the ones to ensure the drop off isn't huge if one goes down.

When your up by thirty, you have a perfect time to put in specific back-ups to ensure they are getting quality reps. It's why they pulled Dobbs and put Dormady in in the first half.

Again, I don't think it's a coincidence they put Jumper in when they were already up by thirty. Then they put Kirkland back in during the third quarter to help simulate what it is like when you come back out after half-time like a starter.

Last edited:
Your right that Jumper has started the past two games, but in reality he has only played two games. He's not a finished product just because he has played two games, and I'm sure he looked a lot better yesterday than he did in week one. If it's a true competition they need all the film they can on both of the guys.

To your second point, Butch has repeated constantly throughout every press conference that anybody who starts the game doesn't mean he is the starter. While a lot of that is coach speak, at a position where your unsettled you would be dumb to not let both guys get reps with the ones to ensure the drop off isn't huge if one goes down.

When your up by thirty, you have a perfect time to put in specific back-ups to ensure they are getting reps. It's why they pulled Dobbs and put Dormady in in the first half.

Again, I don't think it's a coincidence they put Jumper in when they were already up by thirty. Then they put Kirkland back in during the third quarter to help simulate what it is like when you come back out after half-time like a starter.

Fair points for sure. If 34 starts in the swamp your thoughts will be confirmed.

One thing I KNOW for sure. If we lose Saturday with 53 starting this topic will be a very very hotly discussed one fair or not.

Fair points for sure. If 34 starts in the swamp your thoughts will be confirmed.

One thing I KNOW for sure. If we lose Saturday with 53 starting this topic will be a very very hotly discussed one fair or not.

If we lose on Saturday it won't be because of the MLB.

And neither was OU but it dang sure was a hot topic

Jumper was sole reason for one TD drive so yeah he did help cost the game in a critical moment.

I'd be suprised if Kirkland wasn't starting rest of season. Once you go to the freshman you stick to them. This is also Kirklands style games coming up. Less uptempo

I'd be suprised if Kirkland wasn't starting rest of season. Once you go to the freshman you stick to them.

Agreed and That's why last night was so confusing and I thought this was worth discussing.

Alright guys. Sorry for running it to death. I was hoping someone would convince otherwise but haven't change my mind.

53 is going to start in the swamp IMO

No more post here about it!

UF has the leagues best rushing defense and is second in overall team defense.

However rushing was about the only way Kentucky was able to move the ball if the stats tell any story.

Little to early to use overall stats IMO. Heck we have set a school record in points that is 100years old so far and we aren't happy with our offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back