Recruiting Forum Football Talk XX

Status
Not open for further replies.
You went from 10-2 to 6-6 after an overtime loss to the 16th ranked team in the country?

Also, what have you seen from UF, Arky, and Mizzou to make you think they are losses?

It was a tale of two halves though.

The first half was a piss poor coaching half from OU's team, specifically the defense.

The second half was a 180 degree change.

The reason people are bearish on future UT games is because we believe other coaching staffs will play like OU did in the 2nd half. Florida will. Arkansas will. Georgia will. Alabama will.

Those 4 aren't good for us unless Butch and Debo adapt.

Missouri, Kentucky, and South Carolina become tougher if we don't adapt.

Reactions: 2 people
Me holding her while I'm rocking the Tennesee polo. And yes it's Adidas. Not nike. I just had my 4th kid. Money is not just flocking to my pockets like the salmon of Capistrano.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: 21 people
Got no choice. Still think 8-4 is in the cards, but this place is going to be a madhouse after the UF game. I may have to IP block myself from coming on here if we drop that one.

Florida will pay for Oklahoma winning. This team won't fold. And the youngsters will be even better. The talent is evident I will say that. Anyone can see we're loaded. I haven't seen a lot of teams that physically look better than the Vols this year.

Reactions: 4 people
Me holding her while I'm rocking the Tennesee polo. And yes it's Adidas. Not nike. I just had my 4th kid. Money is not just flocking to pockets like the salmon of Capistrano.

Scrub Imo.

Naw I don't have a Nike one yet either.

Congrats though. The Lord is good.

Reactions: 1 person
It was a tale of two halves though.

The first half was a piss poor coaching half from OU's team, specifically the defense.

The second half was a 180 degree change.

The reason people are bearish on future UT games is because we believe other coaching staffs will play like OU did in the 2nd half. Florida will. Arkansas will. Georgia will. Alabama will.

Those 4 aren't good for us unless Butch and Debo adapt.

Missouri, Kentucky, and South Carolina become tougher if we don't adapt.

I've said 8-4 all along figuring injuries would eventually slow us down. However, I was questioning the extremes of 10-2 and 6-6. All is not lost after the OU game based on double overtime defeat.

Florida will pay for Oklahoma winning. This team won't fold. And the youngsters will be even better. The talent is evident I will say that. Anyone can see we're loaded. I haven't seen a lot of teams that physically look better than the Vols this year.

I'm with you on this. :good!:

If we lose to Florida, you can offically count me off the Butch Jones train. That said, I really don't see us losing to them. We are better than them. Butch needs to do everything he can to win that game.

I had my own perspective-shifting experience today:

We came in this morning to have our baby. But had some serious drama. Had what is called prolapsed cord. The umbilical cord came down below the baby's head. And so the head was pushing against it which cuts the circulation off which puts the baby's life in very serious danger.

It was very scary. They didn't really tell me anything. The nurse had been trying to find the baby's heart beat and was having a lot of trouble. She called for some help. Another nurse came and was trying to help. And I saw one whisper something to the other but I couldn't hear what it was. And They kept trying to hurriedly get my wife to change positions. And finally one of the nurses pushed a button and said "we've got a cord!" And things happened very quickly.

People started coming in and the nurses were all moving really fast and talking/acting panicked. And saying we're going to do a c-section. And they wouldn't let me come and didn't tell me what to expect or how long it would be. Didn't say if the baby or wife would be ok or not. Just rushed her out. And left me standing there.

Whew i was so scared. I was praying. It was kinda surreal the feeling you get when it looks like a major change is happening in your life.

But anyways, they rushed her quickly to do an emergency c-section to get the baby out. And it all happened in just a few minutes. And the nurses finally said she (the baby) was breathing/crying. Wow, the relief.

Both baby and wife are ok now. Praise God! The baby is 9 pounds 1 oz. 20 inches.

Congrats. God is good. She is blessed to have you two as parents.

If we lose to Florida, you can offically count me off the Butch Jones train. That said, I really don't see us losing to them. We are better than them. Butch needs to do everything he can to win that game.

I mean, I'll be off the train too, but realistically we'd all be right back on if Tennessee upset Alabama.

I just hope we get a couple of these games we need for our psyche. I can live with 8-4 if I can have one, just ONE, that I can point to as a game I'll always remember. Beating Florida or Bama would do it. Georgia might as well.

Their is no chance of Kansas State beating Oklahoma. Their qb is out for the year and they are no close to Oklahoma imo. Be realistic

Me holding her while I'm rocking the Tennesee polo. And yes it's Adidas. Not nike. I just had my 4th kid. Money is not just flocking to my pockets like the salmon of Capistrano.

Awesome! So glad she and your wife are doing well. Makes us quickly realize that so many other things are much more important in life than football. Now, let's win this week and annihilate the Gators!! GO VOLS!!

I will be, too. If he beats them, I'll come back to Neyland for another game this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back