Recruiting Forum Football Talk XX

Status
Not open for further replies.
all i know is im watching the OU/Akron game on youtube right now and theres 5 minutes left in the first half and its still a 3-0 game. OU has hit one long play and it was an absolute prayer that Mayfield threw up in the air and Neal just made a hell of a catch with tight coverage on him. Akron dropped an easy pick that hit the LB in the numbers and it would have giving them the ball very deep in OU territory. Akron also missed a 21 yard FG that would have tied the game. OU O Line cant get a push at all. Ou is about to score to make it 10-0 and Akron eventually makes it 10-3 at the half. Obviously OU blew them out in the second half but its been ugly for an easier type of game at home. Not sure Perine really fits this type of offense at all but it seems like Mixon is a more natural fit to the offense with his ability to catch the ball. Perine looks like a guy that should be playing at Arkansas or something. I saw Zack Sanchez their no. 1 Corner bite on a double move and give up a 50 yard catch as well.

This is awesome, we're starting to become a real Family! Lol. We will be cutting each other soon

cut-you.gif

sf3m8A5.gif

Reactions: 4 people
So I don't mean to derail the thread (congrats to Nick, btw) and I've been holding off on posting this for a while because I didn't want to be too disrespectful to a VFL or rub any salt in the wound, BUT if you want a good chuckle, check out the LG on Kamara's long TD.

I think it encapsulates the weekend many of the C5 gang had.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Mub_kA8s8AM

Reactions: 8 people
So I don't mean to derail the thread (congrats to Nick, btw) and I've been holding off on posting this for a while because I didn't want to be too disrespectful to a VFL or rub any salt in the wound, BUT if you want a good chuckle, check out the LG on Kamara's long TD.

Lol. Got a good chuckle out of that.

Chuckle worthy..

haha yikes

Dylan sealed that thing off nicely though coming from his right guard spot.

71's seal block tho. Opened up that cutback for AK and he was gone.

Ouch

A lot of people don't realize it, but I was actually the first to draw the ire of the C5-- crazy right? Me, MOCKingvol, drawing the ire of anyone is so shocking-- in some player thread when I stated he was our weakest link on the line. I really have nothing against the guy, and appreciate him so much for the fact that he puts on the Orange&White, but he needs to stay off the field for us to achieve our potential. This play highlights that opinion.

Who was that?

I think Nick has broken the Fulmer curse of 98 when we sold our luck for 17 years for a national title. Killing the snake HAS TO mean SEC Title. Facts are facts.

A lot of people don't realize it, but I was actually the first to draw the ire of the C5-- crazy right? Me, MOCKingvol, drawing the ire of anyone is so shocking-- in some player thread when I stated he was our weakest link on the line. I really have nothing against the guy, and appreciate him so much for the fact that he puts on the Orange&White, but he needs to stay off the field for us to achieve our potential. This play highlights that opinion.

Daniel Hood was pretty high on him on the radio the other day. He was really surprised he wasn't starting center.

Oh my and I recall a few bragging how he was in on that play........safe to say he wasn't the reason that play happened

Reactions: 1 person
I've got the feels this morning. Bear in mind that I was nervous we'd lose to Bowling Green so just take this for what it's worth, but all I feel about the OU game is excitement. I think there is a really legitimate chance that we win and that we do it convincingly.

This season isn't a bust if we lose, but ho ho...if we win big then this Saturday may be the most satisfying day to be a Vols fan in many years.

all i know is im watching the OU/Akron game on youtube right now and theres 5 minutes left in the first half and its still a 3-0 game. OU has hit one long play and it was an absolute prayer that Mayfield threw up in the air and Neal just made a hell of a catch with tight coverage on him. Akron dropped an easy pick that hit the LB in the numbers and it would have giving them the ball very deep in OU territory. Akron also missed a 21 yard FG that would have tied the game. OU O Line cant get a push at all. Ou is about to score to make it 10-0 and Akron eventually makes it 10-3 at the half. Obviously OU blew them out in the second half but its been ugly for an easier type of game at home. Not sure Perine really fits this type of offense at all but it seems like Mixon is a more natural fit to the offense with his ability to catch the ball. Perine looks like a guy that should be playing at Arkansas or something. I saw Zack Sanchez their no. 1 Corner bite on a double move and give up a 50 yard catch as well.

Also noticed that Orlando Brown Jr whiffs on a lot of blocking assignments. He's slooooww.

Seems better in pass protection...good reach and strength.

Looks ripe for being exploited by high caliber DE's imo.

Oh my and I recall a few bragging how he was in on that play........safe to say he wasn't the reason that play happened

I hate that the Crowder apologists have kind of forced people to bring up the negative things about Crowder. He's not big/fast/good enough for a top SEC team, but he filled a need and worked his tail off.

Reactions: 8 people
Ok, so I've seen numerous regulars on here who said they are going Saturday. Volatil and I are going to meet up for the Vol walk. I think we should just go ahead and make this a Volnation thing. What does everyone think about setting a place to meet for the Vol walk and all of us enjoy it together? Maybe the curb directly in front of the building where the pep band stands? What do you guys think?

I would definitely be down. Sadly it has been years since I actually left the tailgate early enough to make the Vol walk but I was actually planning on it this year since I didn't make a game last fall and want to soak up the atmosphere.

Can you be a bit more specific where that location is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back