Recruiting Forum Football Talk XX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite living less than a mile away from Neyland; despite staying strong with UT during the hard years; despite having a love for all things UT that is hardly matched on campus, I didn't get selected for a student ticket for the OU game...

This Saturday the game that all the "next year's" had been promising us will finally occur and I won't get to experience it.

Honestly, getting that email this morning felt worse then when you get a break up text from a girl.

Start working the streets early, check the ticket thread in off topic forums, u can get one, but it will have to be 300 to 400 dollar important to you, which it should be, i'd give u one but am already taking someone

Despite living less than a mile away from Neyland; despite staying strong with UT during the hard years; despite having a love for all things UT that is hardly matched on campus, I didn't get selected for a student ticket for the OU game...

This Saturday the game that all the "next year's" had been promising us will finally occur and I won't get to experience it.

Honestly, getting that email this morning felt worse then when you get a break up text from a girl.

Damn. I hate that.

Start working the streets early, check the ticket thread in off topic forums, u can get one, but it will have to be 300 to 400 dollar important to you, which it should be, i'd give u one but am already taking someone

So the email meant he didn't get a ticket??

I'm a college student, do you realize how broke that means I am? If I had 300 or 400 dollars to my name, I would do it though.

Nick killed a freakin Cobra! how many of you guys would do that? For reals

Kings are great docile specimens for a person with experience with hots. Gaboons are too, but they're an entirely different beasty

So the email meant he didn't get a ticket??

Email from bigorangetix, the website that does UT student ticketing, sent out emails after claim period 2 this morning informing people whether they would or would not get a ticket. I was a would not. There are going to be hundreds of students there that like UT football, but that probably wouldn't even watch the game if they weren't in the stadium.

I don't like this set up for students for this very reason. When I was a student from 99-03 we had to line up outside of the student center and usually the line would snake up the student center, out the ped mall, down Andy Holt, Down Phillip Fulmer Way, and sometimes all the way to Volunteer. If you wanted the tickets you stayed in line, missed classes whatever it took. That way the die hards that really really wanted to attend the game for the football got in line and got their tickets. Where the tickets printed was random but at least you could get them. In this scenario all I see is frat guys and sorority girls going to the games for the social experience and its all an email based system. Doesn't make sense to me.

Reactions: 2 people
Email from bigorangetix, the website that does UT student ticketing, sent out emails after claim period 2 this morning informing people whether they would or would not get a ticket. I was a would not. There are going to be hundreds of students there that like UT football, but that probably wouldn't even watch the game if they weren't in the stadium.

Life isn't fair. Should be a test system for where a student ranks on the priority list for tickets.

Hope something works out

I think Striker is a non-factor on Saturday. Just too much going on in our offensive backfield this year. A set with Dobbs and Hurd, plus Pearson or Pig in motion, was enough to freeze defenses momentarily last year. Imagine that same set now with Kamara flanking Dobbs on the opposite side of Hurd. Dobbs can tuck it and run with two excellent RB blockers, flip/hand off to the man in motion, hand off to Hurd, hand off to Kamara (with Hurd blocking like a FB), or pass to the three WRs/one TE.

Compare that to last year where there were three possibilities: Worley hands off to Hurd/Lane, Worley throws it, and Worley hands it off to the man in motion. And that's all with an OL that offers zero protection.

I watched Ohio State's offense the other night and wondered if we would ever run the option. Tech couldn't stop it, and Dobbs could run all day. I know we don't want to do it a lot, but I think it's a nice wrinkle every once in a while.

I don't like this set up for students for this very reason. When I was a student from 99-03 we had to line up outside of the student center and usually the line would snake up the student center, out the ped mall, down Andy Holt, Down Phillip Fulmer Way, and sometimes all the way to Volunteer. If you wanted the tickets you stayed in line, missed classes whatever it took. That way the die hards that really really wanted to attend the game for the football got in line and got their tickets. Where the tickets printed was random but at least you could get them. In this scenario all I see is frat guys and sorority girls going to the games for the social experience and its all an email based system. Doesn't make sense to me.

I was in school during that time, too, and they had more tickets for students. If you wanted tickets, you almost always got them. Every once in a while with big games, they might give them all out, but die hard students always got them. It was away tickets that we fought for.

Reactions: 1 person
I was in school during that time, too, and they had more tickets for students. If you wanted tickets, you almost always got them. Every once in a while with big games, they might give them all out, but die hard students always got them. It was away tickets that we fought for.

Yeah my exact point that the die hards always got tickets. That way mockingvol would be in the stands on Saturday

Ding dong, the Cobra's dead!

Who knew it wore ruby slippers?
giphy.gif

Going to Nashville, I was listening to an interview with a very happy Phil Fulmer. He didn't have anything negative to say about the team--thought they were going to win a lot of games--referred to them as "We"...

And now Nick has caught the snake...

On the ticket subject: That upsets me...I really hope we don't get a bunch of students there for socializing--go to the Western Carolina game for that. I would prefer the die-hards and think the "get in line" system would have been much better for this game.

I was behind this in the car line when I dropped my son off at school this morning.
Warning: pretty sure I'll Volatil this bad boy:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 41
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back