Recruiting Forum Football Talk XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey OB79 and SKV,

Where are the baby updates? How are Ashlee and Sutton?

Y'all have responsibilities here...

:hi:

Sorry, Doc...last few days have been hectic. The wife and I are rotating 24 hour shifts at the hospital, now that she's on the floor and the nurse to patient ratio is 1:5.

We had a moron for a nurse yesterday...that's another story but he was the first complaint we've had while we've been here, which will be one month on Monday.

We're just trying to get Ashlee's meds regulated enough where her O2 sats don't fluctuate through the night and trying to get her to relearn how to eat...which could be the hardest part of it all.

She's likely to be discharged by Friday with a feeding tube, lovenox (she has a clot in her left leg from the Art line that was placed and removed the first week of our stay at Vandy), and likely lasix.

...it's still a little scary but we just remind ourselves that her heart is repaired and the worst is over.

Once she gets home and we get into a routine things will be better.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
I hate to be a downer but eventually other schools and possibly the NFL are going to make a run at Butchco. Maybe not at the end of next season but I could see the following season having us in major Kermit mode. It's only a matter of time.

That's the mark of a good coach however Butch is a relationship guy. He thrives off of recruiting and making relationships with players and families. That doesn't happen in the pros. I believe he's a college coach and always will be. He likes the thrill of the hunt to get the best players and competing with Saban, Meyer and Richt and beating them in recruiting. That's his nitch. They can come calling but he ain't going nowhere.

Reactions: 2 people
Reactions: 1 person
I think this is a homer statement. If he is very successful here, then why not jump to the league. More money, less time away from family which is huge if you are recruiting in the SEC.

I disagree. While there are reasons for him to go, his skillset is much more suited to a job coaching a college team. I dont know if he will stay here forever but I dount he leaves for the NFL. But who knows, he's a competitive guy. Maybe he'll want to give it a shot anyway.

Last edited:
I think this is a homer statement. If he is very successful here, then why not jump to the league. More money, less time away from family which is huge if you are recruiting in the SEC.

Not really sure how it was a "homer" statement to point out that his particular skills as a coach are much better suited for college than the pros. He's not a scheme wizard like Kelly or Malzahn nor does he have any pro experience besides interning for the Bucs when he was a teenager. He is really good at marketing, branding, and recruiting, which is useless in the NFL but very useful in college ball. Even if he won big, here I'm not even sure the pros would be all that interested in him.

My baby boy Sutton is doing great. Hasn't had a seizure since he was in the NICU. He's up to 8lb 3oz and growing steadily. We are so blessed he is doing fantastic. Once again I can't thank everyone enough for praying for him....it helped out tremendously. He will be 3 weeks old this Saturday.

Reactions: 17 people
OB, still praying for your daughter. She looks like she is doing much better. Hopefully she gets to go home soon.

Sorry, Doc...last few days have been hectic. The wife and I are rotating 24 hour shifts at the hospital, now that she's on the floor and the nurse to patient ratio is 1:5.

We had a moron for a nurse yesterday...that's another story but he was the first complaint we've had while we've been here, which will be one month on Monday.

We're just trying to get Ashlee's meds regulated enough where her O2 sats don't fluctuate through the night and trying to get her to relearn how to eat...which could be the hardest part of it all.

She's likely to be discharged by Friday with a feeding tube, lovenox (she has a clot in her left leg from the Art line that was placed and removed the first week of our stay at Vandy), and likely lasix.

...it's still a little scary but we just remind ourselves that her heart is repaired and the worst is over.

Please do not apologize...was being my usual caring, smartasrse self.
Y'all are still in our prayers. Just realized no updates and worried a little.
Hang in there :salute:

Ex-Butler star Riley Ferguson battles to restart his career | The Charlotte Observer The Charlotte Observer

In this article talking about Riley ferguson, it mentions he's getting interest from Florida while at his CC. Nothing would be more tennessee than have him commit there and have absolute career days everytime we play them

He wouldn't know what to do with our pass rush. Butch knows his weakness and would exploit it. Interesting to see Riley be truthful and admit he probably made a mistake leaving TN and that he was immature.

God is Great. So happy for you man.

My baby boy Sutton is doing great. Hasn't had a seizure since he was in the NICU. He's up to 8lb 3oz and growing steadily. We are so blessed he is doing fantastic. Once again I can't thank everyone enough for praying for him....it helped out tremendously. He will be 3 weeks old this Saturday.

Wonderful, excellent news!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back