Recruiting Forum Football Talk XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to dredge up the past as we're all attempting to heal here, but this was my favorite quote from last night that didn't get enough play:

debord doesn't even have Twitter haha like gtfo

--that abrock guy

Reactions: 4 people
If you're talking about their first two seasons in the SEC, is four more games considered "a lot"? 16 games to 12? Won't even enter into the fray that Zook inherited from Spurrier and Butch from Dooley. If you're talking about CAREER, Zook was 57-65 and Butch is 62-40 sooooo? :unsure:

I'm talking about at FL. I realize Zook inherited a much better situation than Butch but their similarities are they both are/were very good recruiters that haven't/didn't win much at a championship level, (again, Butch at TN, Zook at FL). When you compare the two they're very similar at this point in their respective careers, (again, at their big time jobs, UT and UF). I have all the faith that Butch can push well beyond that comparison but as of right now it IMO is still a possibility.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Sorry to dredge up the past as we're all attempting to heal here, but this was my favorite quote from last night that didn't get enough play:

--that abrock guy

"Do you even twitter bro?"

Equivelant to "nanny nanny boo boo". :loco:

--that abrock guy

Debord asked Butch if he needed to make a Facespace account since he heard all the kids are using it now lol

I'm talking about at FL. I realize Zook inherited a much better situation than Butch but their similarities are they both are/were very good recruiters that haven't/didn't win much at a championship level, (again, Butch at TN, Zook at FL). When you compare the two their very similar at this point in their respective careers, (again, at their big time jobs, UT and UF). I have all the faith that Butch can push well beyond that comparison but as of right now it iIMO.is still a possibility.

No problem with that reasoning but I responded to the two year comparison in the SEC... 16-12 isn't a lot. :hi:

Zook's 12-4 against Butch's 5-11 in SEC games is a smoking tho. :)

Last edited:
No problem with that reasoning but I responded to the two year comparison in the SEC... 16-12 isn't a lot. :hi:

2 games per year is pretty significant. Dont make me internet rough you up!

Last edited:
I'm choosing to stay positive and just think about all the new nike gear that's coming soon. Better start saving now.

I agree on looking forward to Nike gear. As well as the Kahlil defense, the return of a healthy Dillon Bates and Marquez North, and all the other on field developments that start blowing my mind when I really stop an think about them. Lots to be excited bout round here.

Reactions: 5 people
I agree on looking forward to Nike gear. As well as the Kahlil defense, the return of a healthy Dillon Bates and Marquez North, and all the other on field developments that start blowing my mind when I really stop an think about them. Lots to be excited bout round here.

Get out here with all that positivity. Nobody ain't got time for that! lol.

j/k. I love your outlook on things, please post more. :thumbsup:

I know this has been mentioned here and other places already but this is from a poster on VQ.

Seems like a fine scenario...

"What I'm hearing about the OC....

Maybe this will calm the natives on here a little bit. If the plan moves forward that I heard about, then Azzani will move into the roll of OC, with the kid Sheridan taking over as QB coach. That would be nine coaches on staff--all we are allowed. Dubord will take over as offensive quality control guy--sorta an oversight guy to help Azzani move into this new position. With Dubords background and experience, he could pitch in with several positions that way. Azzani will still take care of receivers I guess, I was a little fuzzy on that."

Reactions: 19 people
I know this has been mentioned here and other places already but this is from a poster on VQ.

Maybe this will calm the natives on here a little bit. If the plan moves forward that I heard about, then Azzani will move into the roll of OC, with the kid Sheridan taking over as QB coach. That would be nine coaches on staff--all we are allowed. Dubord will take over as offensive quality control guy--sorta an oversight guy to help Azzani move into this new position. With Dubords background and experience, he could pitch in with several positions that way. Azzani will still take care of receivers I guess, I was a little fuzzy on that."

Sounds fine to me. I'm cool with that.:thumbsup:

Sounds alright if true. Seeing a GA who was willing to do the work on the cheap get promoted is a good thing. Helps land future quality GA's.

Make a lot more sense than Debord as outright OC. I'd be fine with this scenario. Sheridan has lots of experience as QB coach and now has a year in our system. He also knows Debord well. Z makes the fanbase and recruits feel good. Debord mentors Z and helps everyone else especially Mahoney

Monday will be big to see if P Williams and Bussey flip after their visits or remain solid/loyal to the Vols... we need both very badly, so hopefully Butch will calm their nerves... I am more worried about Williams as he was stated as being "nervous" about the OC hire and that is why he took the Auburn vi$it... hope it doesn't turn out like the Texas commit who flipped Monday after vi$$iting AU and then instagraming a huge wad of cash and then deleting it....Hiring DeBord for OC will not help the situation.

I would spare lives, in this scenario. Hope ZA is on point with his play calling

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back