Recruiting Forum: Football Talk XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kiffin knows what he's doing with an offense--he proved that in one year at UT. And I don't think he's a bad guy. He got a lot handed to him early in life because of his Dad, but you can't blame him for Oakland's stupid decision to make him an NFL head coach before he was even close to ready. He coached a long time in LA, and the USC job was his dream. A lot of guys would have done what he did. Some would not have, but many would have. It was bad luck for us.

I don't disagree. It seems hard for people to separate the two.

That may be because we are a bunch of Vol fan homers and he screwed the program real bad.

With the east being down like it has the past few years I don't doubt that we would have competed for or won the east a couple of times over the past 4 years with Kiffin as a head coach.

But we would probably be living under some big NCAA sanctions by now.

Also, let's not forget that Kiffin went 7-6 with a team that consisted of Fulmer recruiting busts and Eric Berry.

Kiffin made a real life quarterback out of Crompton.

Kiffin knows what he's doing with an offense--he proved that in one year at UT. And I don't think he's a bad guy. He got a lot handed to him early in life because of his Dad, but you can't blame him for Oakland's stupid decision to make him an NFL head coach before he was even close to ready. He coached a long time in LA, and the USC job was his dream. A lot of guys would have done what he did. Some would not have, but many would have. It was bad luck for us.

He is either a bad guy or is just still immature at his age. That has nothing to do with his coaching ability. But you can point to multiple incidents/things that occurred at all of his stops. The jersey number controversy at USC was just another example of his pettiness. JMO.

Y'all can be impressed with Kiffin all you want. I've never understood the love for the guy. He keeps getting hired despite failure after failure. I know he's a pos of a human being but I don't think he's all that as a coach either.

Reactions: 7 people
Also, let's not forget that Kiffin went 7-6 with a team that consisted of Fulmer recruiting busts and Eric Berry.

Cutcliffe had Crompton looking great before he left for Duke. There was a reason there we people picking him as a dark horse for the Heisman when they heard we were going to be this high flying spread team.

Reactions: 1 person

He had Denarious Moore, Montario Hardesty, Luke Stocker, Bryce Brown, and Tauren Poole all on offense who played in the NFL. I think even Jacques McClendon and Chris Scott made an NFL roster at one point. He also had Berry, Dan Williams, and even Montori Hughes as a freshman, who all played in the NFL on defense. The talent really wasn't that bad.

Seems like nobody ever remembers that Chaney was working with Crompton also and helped with the offensive scheme on that team. Before this year the only offense Kiffin was 100% responsible for was USC most recently when he was head coach, and he was run out of town for the offense sucking. Then they promptly played a lot better once he was gone. Pretty sure his first stint at USC him and Sark split OC duties.

Reactions: 2 people
@SECNetwork: Treon Harris' 225 pass yds is the most by a Florida QB in a road conference game since Tim Tebow in 2007. #UFvsVANDY

Almost impossible to believe...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back