Recruiting Forum: Football Talk XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I completely agree. I was clarifying that he said that about the UT game, not just visiting stadiums in general. It makes it more bulletin board worthy that he said it about us and not just any home team.

Oh okay! Yeah. My bad, florida week has me all fired up.

I'm ready to win so our fans maybe will stop acting like every team Florida trots into neyland is a favorite to win the national championship.

Oh okay! Yeah. My bad, florida week has me all fired up.

I'm ready to win so our fans maybe will stop acting like every team Florida trots into neyland is a favorite to win the national championship.

No worries my man. I have a good feeling about this year.

Quick question: why does auburn say wareagle if they are called auburn tigers? A tiger isnt a bird.

UFlorida.gif

No team has been able to come up with a solution to this unique Florida tactic.

I fear our Vols will also have no answers for this.

Vols by 14

They have always been the tigers. War eagle is just their battle cry. This is the most logical reason why. There are many myths that have been made up. This appeared in an Auburn paper though:

According to a 1998 article in the Auburn Plainsman, the most likely origin of the "War Eagle" cry grew from a 1913 pep rally at Langdon Hall, where students had gathered the day before the annual football game against the University of Georgia. Cheerleader Gus Graydon told the crowd, "If we are going to win this game, we'll have to get out there and fight, because this means war." During the frenzy, another student, E. T. Enslen, dressed in his military uniform, noticed something had dropped from his hat. Bending down, he saw it was the metal emblem of an eagle that had come loose during his wild cheering. Someone asked him what he had found, and Enslen loudly replied, "It's a War Eagle!" The new cry was used by students at the game the following day.

Last edited:
I feel we will win just like everyone else but I'm confused where everyone is getting these lop sided scores. Fans need to remember that FL's D is > GA's D. They gave up a lot to Bama but Bama has a very legit offense. The entire game will be a battle.

Don't you have your anger management group meeting in the morning, William? Go to bed.

I hope we win and I think we have a good chance to win. But I can't get feeling confident because Florida always seems to play great versus us. Also, until we get over the hump and win a game like this it'll be hard for me to predict we will get the big win.

So I think we should win, but I'm nervous about this one.

Reactions: 1 person
Is it me or do the Gators players have this attitude that they're going to walk in Neyland and its the same old Tennessee.

Reactions: 3 people
Is it me or do the Gators players have this attitude that they're going to walk in Neyland and its the same old Tennessee.

Just like some of us struggle with believing we can win after 9 straight, they probably struggle with believing they can lose after 9 straight.

I'm with Nick, Vols by the magic number 14. 31-17. Been a long time coming.

What?????? Our players are fine this year. Go look at Hurd. Just as cocky as they come and backing it up early.

A select few. Remember Hurd is a freshman and he hasn't felt what it's like to constantly get beat by a team your whole career. Swag, when it concerns one team is not given, you have to beat them and take it from them. Currently they own us. This weekend that will change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back