Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like Kentucky. I was there when they beat us by 30+ in Neyland. I hate everything about them. I was also there for Halloween when we destroyed them. It was great. However, it makes me uncomfortable to watch a propect sit at an invitation only event while everyone mocks him as he falls pick after pick losing millions of dollars. Those things aren't mutually exclusive and some people are jerks. He's still human and 23. As if you would ever even be able to sniff the jock strap of someone in the NFL.
I was a little uncomfortable. At the same time, he brought a lot of it on himself. He will still likely make a lot of money, so I am going to continue to chuckle until he gets drafted. Is that petty of me? Probably. I'll get over it, though.

View attachment 548847View attachment 548848View attachment 548850

The kinds of plays that are going to take this O to another level - assuming Milton can manage the offense.

The ability to keep plays alive outside of the pocket. I like Milton evading the pocket and continue scanning the field over tucking it and running.

The ability to flick a hail mary whenever he wants. DC's among the SEC are going to be pulling their hair when they get us to 3rd and long just for Joe to throw a rocket 60 yards down the field.

As much as Milton can struggle with touch on intermediate throws at times - he throws a beautiful jump ball. Ramel Keyton is going to be on You Got Mossed at least 2-3 times this season.
Milton has all of the tools to be a top 10 pick in the 2024 NFL draft, my one biggest concern is how quickly does he process information. I think that is one of the traits that made Hooker so impressive. His ability to quickly read and react to what the defense was showing him was incredible. Sometimes I feel like Milton doesn't process things as quickly.

Reactions: triadvolfan
I feel about the new Steelers administrative staff like I do Tennessees…. They seem to be on it…. I’m not sure they are as high on Porter as some are…. I hope they take him but I trust them to make the right decision.
When have the Steelers ever made bad draft decisions?

View attachment 548847View attachment 548848View attachment 548850

The kinds of plays that are going to take this O to another level - assuming Milton can manage the offense.

The ability to keep plays alive outside of the pocket. I like Milton evading the pocket and continue scanning the field over tucking it and running.

The ability to flick a hail mary whenever he wants. DC's among the SEC are going to be pulling their hair when they get us to 3rd and long just for Joe to throw a rocket 60 yards down the field.

As much as Milton can struggle with touch on intermediate throws at times - he throws a beautiful jump ball. Ramel Keyton is going to be on You Got Mossed at least 2-3 times this season.
Another classic example -- greatly underappreciated and misunderstood -- is the next to last play in the '21 Ole Miss game, where if Tillman had just half his normal spring left in his legs (maybe an inch), Milton is a gigantic hero. Great scramble with eyes down field. Ball placed in the narrowest of windows. I think you and I were talking about that the January before last season, trying to explain why we should all be really excited about Joe.

Last edited:
J Milton has to be thinking that he is top 4 next year regardless if A Richardson goes in the top 4 picks. A Richardson about to get paid and some GM is about to get fired

Reactions: Glitch
@VolsDoc81TX imagine trying to enjoy a nice day on the water and getting bit once every 30-60 seconds by a horsefly.

I've gotten to the point of socks + sandals, long fishing pants, long sleeve fishing shirt, neck gaiter, hat and sunglasses. Bites on hands but at least I'm also protected from the sun lol

View attachment 548844
You lost me at socks and sandals.

J Milton has to be thinking that he is top 4 next year regardless if A Richardson goes in the top 4 picks. A Richardson about to get paid and some GM is about to get fired

The Colts have Minshew who is a great bridge. They dont have to throw AR to the wolves all year if they dont want to, and they won't want to. It will take 2-3 years a least for them to see if he is a bust or not.

Who is going to be the starting QB for the Packers? Love? They could take Hooker and/or Hyatt in the second... I have a customer who lives in Green Bay and his sources telling him they are seriously looking at Hyatt... Guess we'll see...

Reactions: TN-POSSUM
Who is going to be the starting QB for the Packers? Love? They could take Hooker and/or Hyatt in the second... I have a customer who lives in Green Bay and his sources telling him they are seriously looking at Hyatt... Guess we'll see...

Love is the guy. They are not drafting a QB.

Reactions: volinbama256
its red ants here. misery.
Fire ants here…misery too.

Cool trick, maybe it will work for the redants too. You have to have at least 2 mounds for it to work.
You take a hand trowel and scoop up part of one mound with ants. Quickly dump it on the other mound. It’s essentially an act of war and the two mounds will kill each other. You can keep doing that until the mounds have all killed each other. 😈 When you have one small mound left , then limited insecticide will finish them off.

Fire ants are bad at our lake property. I get rid of them this way to try and avoid insecticide getting into the lake… plus there is just something satisfying about them eliminating themselves. 😎

Is Darnell Wright considered a "system" OT?
I havent heard that description about our offensive line….. I have watched several people break down our film. What is your opinion on what we ask our QBs, RBs, WRs to do and how that compares to the NFL?

I think Prime has opened up a can of worms that will need to be addressed.

If a kid uses his free transfer then the new school after a season says, "Hey, get lost. We're pulling your scholarship." Those athletes should be allowed a second free transfer, no? Heck, in this case Deion pulled a scholarship just 3 months after recruiting the kid.

These kids are getting the rug pulled out from under them. What I think Deion is going to struggle with after this is kids willing to put their necks out for that drama. He's shown a couple things: He doesn't care about his players. He isn't interested in developing his players.

Why would you want to play for that.
One free transfer is enough, you should really do your homework before you transfer. To many knee jerk decisions as it is. If anything they need to shorten the time for the portal. GBO

I’m O blood type in Tennessee, and suddenly in the last 3 or 4 years they love me and takes forever for the appearance of the bites to go away. What’s your theory on that?

You are like a fine wine, gets better with age. 😇

Maybe a species has come there from Texas? I know my wife was not bothered as much in Tennessee than in Texas.

Last edited:
Reactions: Enki_Amenra
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back