Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is the 3rd time Willie Martinez has coached for us in the secondary, and I have never liked his coaching at all. I believe he is a good recruiter but he is not a great secondary coach, in my opinion. I think he needs to be fired for sure.

Someone please tell me why you wouldn’t fire Banks, BJM, and Martinez tomorrow? Who have they recruited that is so great and changing our depth? Only person bringing in elite talent is Garner and that’s what he does. It’s also the only unit on defense that plays well.

Someone please tell me why you wouldn’t fire Banks, BJM, and Martinez tomorrow? Who have they recruited that is so great and changing our depth? Only person bringing in elite talent is Garner and that’s what he does. It’s also the only unit on defense that plays well.
They’ve got to be the worst coaches in college football

Reactions: Smyrna ATL Vol
I think everyone’s reaction is on point and fair…. a defensive performance like this with everything to play for… as painful as 2001 LSU, as embarassing as 2016 Vandy and whenever Kentucky beat Dooley without a QB.

I can’t wrap my head around that collapse. It hurts.

Go ahead and fire them all on the defensive side but garner and let the new DC pick who he wants They aren’t bringing in top recruits and they sure as hell can’t coach any players up. Fire them all tonight.

Arnett, how much money do you want and who do you want to bring should be all that Danny White asks.

I think this is the 3rd time Willie Martinez has coached for us in the secondary, and I have never liked his coaching at all. I believe he is a good recruiter but he is not a great secondary coach, in my opinion. I think he needs to be fired for sure.
People had almost talked me into overruling my gut as far as Martinez is concerned, but my gut was right. We could do better. Even if we lack quality at the position, they shouldn't all suck. That's on coaching.

Seriously, many won't want to hear it, but I think Heupel should replace Banks and Martinez. Maybe Ekeler, too. The only defensive coaches I like right now are RG and BJM, but even they should feel extremely embarrassed after tonight. That side of the ball cost us HUGE. They are 100% the reason we lost this game. No excuses for it. Don't even want to hear about injuries, lack of talent, lack of depth..... This was SCar, and we made them look like OUR offense. No excuse.

Reactions: BSOVOL1967
I'm happy with Heupel's offense and the culture he has established. What he does about the defense is going to be absolutely critical. They've held on by a hair all season and finally broke against one of the worst offenses in the SEC. That was so bad that I almost wonder if some Vegas folks got ahold of a few guys on our defense. There's just no logical explanation for what we just watched. So much in reach and not only are all the big goals gone...Hooker is probably done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back