Recruiting Forum Football Talk [RIP 9.3.2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Truth, especially the GM at Golden State...talk about killing the game.

People act like they used FA, he drafted Curry, Klay, and Green. Then added key players like Andre, Livingston and eventually KD.

You have to give them credit for that, no doubt. But there is luck involved as well. Hitting on just lottery picks is not an exact science. Thompson was just inside the lottery, and Green was late first round.

The problem with small markets is that you have to be so bad to hit a lottery superstar. Then, you have to put the talent around them quickly enough for them to see progress and stay. I get it- Davis has been there 6 years. Pelicans have to do better. But, the NBA has created a system where the small markets have to hit on their decisions at a much higher rate than big market teams.

yeah nothing like a $300 million boat anchor for 10 years.
Point is, the Phils and others are spending money to get better. And other than Donaldson, who has injury concerns, this is the crap the Braves are putting out through the media:

Nobody wins championships going cheap. and that's what the Braves are doing. Again. If they won't spend money, they'll waste the prime years of guys like Acuna and Ozzie. They are paired with the best 1st baseman in baseball right now, and he isn't getting younger. They need to win now. Building is over. But instead, they've signed Markakis and McCann and remain league average or worse at 4 spots in the lineup and have yet to do anything to improve at pitching either.

I think more people would be interested in watching the Chiefs than the Patriots, right now. The fatigue is real.

With the NFL, I don't agree that it was necessarily driven by the markets. The Super Bowl is the Super Bowl. In the last 15 years, teams from Denver, Charlotte, Seattle, Baltimore, Indy, New Orleans, Phoenix, and Tampa have played in the Super Bowl. Those aren't the big markets in the NFL. Green Bay is another, but they have a national fanbase. I don't think any of those are in the top 13 of biggest markets in the league. The NBA is a totally different story.

I don't know...Patriots are a good team, the owner seems to care a lot about their success and does what he can to help them win. But it's like every single season since the "dynasty" started there is some sort of scandal attached to their success.

Who knows if "every" NFL team does the same things or not. But why does it seem like only the Patriots are getting caught? I mean they legit had suspensions and lost draft picks over cheating. I guess that's fatigue, they're also boring and get more calls than they don't. Everyone talking about that missed PI in the Saints game but forgetting about the roughing the passer call on Brady that didn't happen.

Saints still scored on that drive, allowed Rams to get a FG to tie and then got the first possession in OT and blew it.

Not to mention the two SB wins where things seemed a bit off... (Seattle not running and Atlanta blowing the biggest lead in SB history). I don't know, I have always argued that too many deep pockets are involved for any real cheating in professional sports...but sometimes you wonder.

Reactions: crovol
Point is, the Phils and others are spending money to get better. And other than Donaldson, who has injury concerns, this is the crap the Braves are putting out through the media:

Nobody wins championships going cheap. and that's what the Braves are doing. Again. If they won't spend money, they'll waste the prime years of guys like Acuna and Ozzie. They are paired with the best 1st baseman in baseball right now, and he isn't getting younger. They need to win now. Building is over. But instead, they've signed Markakis and McCann and remain league average or worse at 4 spots in the lineup and have yet to do anything to improve at pitching either.

Pitching is where you spend money imo.

ugh. baseball.
latest

Man, that's an insane story. I'm glad you're okay.

What caused your stove to explode? Was there a gas leak?

I have no idea. I didn't smell anything beforehand and I didn't do anything different. I've been over it a million times trying to figure it out. Something must've been defective. That's the only thing I can come up with.

Truth, especially the GM at Golden State...talk about killing the game.

People act like they used FA, he drafted Curry, Klay, and Green. Then added key players like Andre, Livingston and eventually KD.
And those first three were drafted when Mark Jackson was the coach...didn’t get them past the first round. Doug Collins had the framework with the Bulls. David Robinson was a secondary player by the time Popovich took over. That right mentality matters.

The free agency spending issue is a problem league wide.

We’re gonna see another strike here in a few years.

I love how the employees are telling the owners what to do. Salaries get huge, people complain about money getting outrageous, there is a natural pull-back, and then players complain. It's the economy at work.

Reactions: JacketVol
I love how the employees are telling the owners what to do. Salaries get huge, people complain about money getting outrageous, there is a natural pull-back, and then players complain. It's the economy at work.
Natural pullback? I’m not sure how much you’ve looked into it, there’s a bunch of factors at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back