Recruiting Forum Football Talk LV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't normally do this (cough cough), but i'm just gonna go ahead and call bs on this. There were enough of us (who actually pay big money into UT) saying be patient, but you chose not to be. You grabbed on to the first biggest name that sounded good to you.

Will Pruitt be the great hire we've been looking for? Who knows. Is he a great hire so far? Seems to be.

Do you have a f***ing clue what you're talking about? No. Not even a fu**9ng clue.

You're a fan. That's what i love about guys like you...but, guys like you also need to chill out just a little bit. In today's world of media...you're thought's and ideas become instant. There are idiots out there that cling on to those thoughts.

I'm not sure what the summary point here is. Are you saying that the proles should have been happy with Shiano? Are you suggesting that Currie was the best AD?

Reactions: 2 people
He is definitely hard to cover, but he is in no way close to being faster than NFL DB's or safeties...

Gronk is 275lbs, a legit 6'6", and he runs a high 4.6 40 yard dash. He's too big, too strong, too fast, too athletic... oh, and he catches everything thrown with ten feet of him.

There's a reason why teams don't put bigger defenders on him and that reason is that he torches them for TDs.

Gronk is 275lbs, a legit 6'6", and he runs a high 4.6 40 yard dash. He's too big, too strong, too fast, too athletic... oh, and he catches everything thrown with ten feet of him.

There's a reason why teams don't put bigger defenders on him and that reason is that he torches them for TDs.

Gronkowski is good but I’ve watched the tape. Ethan Wolfe is a sure fire HOF player. Critically underutilized by Butch. Just wait you will all see. I was the only one who said Kamara was any good

—D4H

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
He is definitely hard to cover, but he is in no way close to being faster than NFL DB's or safeties...

Of course he’s not faster than guys 60-70lbs lighter than him.

Take the Titans for example last night. Who do you put on him? Both safety’s are 6’ and under, they can’t cover him. None of the LBs are fast enough to stay with him. You have to double him or he’ll tear you up.

Reactions: 1 person

So this sounds like Kongbo.

Remember that Int he took for a TD? Great hands.

Butch underutilized Kongbo...

Of course he’s not faster than guys 60-70lbs lighter than him.

Take the Titans for example last night. Who do you put on him? Both safety’s are 6’ and under, they can’t cover him. None of the LBs are fast enough to stay with him. You have to double him or he’ll tear you up.

Yup, that’s what makes the Cheatriots offense so good. Most teams don’t have a defender that can run with, defend and stop Gronk. If you double Gronk then good luck stopping Brady finding that extra man that’s most likely open.

I bet he was never in the military and his plane is more like this:

_98334232_p05k31yv.jpg

That's why it took him so long to get home the last trip.

Or even worse... he was in the Air Force!

tenor.gif

Just kidding my AF brothers and sisters. I love ya!

I don't normally do this (cough cough), but i'm just gonna go ahead and call bs on this. There were enough of us (who actually pay big money into UT) saying be patient, but you chose not to be. You grabbed on to the first biggest name that sounded good to you.

Will Pruitt be the great hire we've been looking for? Who knows. Is he a great hire so far? Seems to be.

Do you have a f***ing clue what you're talking about? No. Not even a fu**9ng clue.

You're a fan. That's what i love about guys like you...but, guys like you also need to chill out just a little bit. In today's world of media...you're thought's and ideas become instant. There are idiots out there that cling on to those thoughts.

WTH does this even mean?

There were lots of people who have more money than we do saying to be patient?? Yes, we know you have a lot of money and a private plane. You told us. Several times now.

By “lots of people” you mean you right? I didn’t see any other boosters in here giving cryptic “be patient” messages. Maybe AtlantaVol?

So, are you saying we didn’t hire SchiaNO and offer Doeren? There was never anything to worry about so us peasants who have no f***ing clue need to know our places?

A lot of people who were ok with Leach, myself included, were so because he seemed much better than what the alternative could have been, given how the process had gone to that point.

Reactions: 18 people
I'm not sure what the summary point here is. Are you saying that the proles should have been happy with Shiano? Are you suggesting that Currie was the best AD?

To be fair, he is referring to my support of the Leach hire (after the Schiano uprising) but he is still wrong, I never wanted to go after Leach till it was apparent they were serious about hiring Doeren and then they kept throwing Steeles name out on every piece of info we were getting. I was on board with Brohm or Gundy. I'm glad we hired Pruitt, he is a much better choice than Leach, but Leach would have at least been interesting and he is a great offensive mind, so he was a much better choice than boring losers like Steele and Doeren

Reactions: 5 people
WTH does this even mean?

There were lots of people who have more money than we do saying to be patient?? Yes, we know you have a lot of money and a private plane. You told us. Several times now.

By “lots of people” you mean you right? I didn’t see any other boosters in here giving cryptic “be patient” messages. Maybe AtlantaVol?

So, are you saying we didn’t hire SchiaNO and offer Doeren? There was never anything to worry about so us peasants who have no f***ing clue need to know our places?

A lot of people who were ok with Leach, myself included, were so because he seemed much better than what the alternative could have been, given how the process had gone to that point.

Lol this. Didn't know dude was that condescending.

Reactions: 3 people
WTH does this even mean?

Exactly..

On Marrone and UT...

He was on the board for the Butch Jones search and many were not happy about his name.

Had Jones said no, Marrone was supposedly the next call that Tennessee was going to make.

- Hubbs

To be fair, he is referring to my support of the Leach hire (after the Schiano uprising) but he is still wrong, I never wanted to go after Leach till it was apparent they were serious about hiring Doeren and then they kept throwing Steeles name out on every piece of info we were getting. I was on board with Brohm or Gundy. I'm glad we hired Pruitt, he is a much better choice than Leach, but Leach would have at least been interesting and he is a great offensive mind, so he was a much better choice than boring losers like Steele and Doeren

Same here.

Leach was a risky hire, but at least would have been fun to watch play out. Brohm or Gundy looked like decent hires.

I am thrilled with the way things played out, but even with Fulmer there was the feeling that it was going to be Steele, and I am really really unsure that this choice would have been anything but disasterous.

Same here.

Leach was a risky hire, but at least would have been fun to watch play out. Brohm or Gundy looked like decent hires.

I am thrilled with the way things played out, but even with Fulmer there was the feeling that it was going to be Steele, and I am really really unsure that this choice would have been anything but disasterous.

Steele/Doeren would have been disastrous...I am absolutely sure of that. At worst it would have been the final nail in the coffin of UT as a elite program, at best it would have caused 7-10 more years of pure hell.

There went my blood pressure again..😠

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back