Recruiting Forum Football Talk L (50)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's amazing how the hiring of Fulmer has calmed down the fan base. Messageboards and twitter are almost back to normal.

I'm ready for Tee. Surround him with good help and let's go!!

Because of the **** show we just witnessed it's going to be extremely difficult to hire an established coach.

What if Tee fails miserably. What if he relates to well to the players and they lose respect for him because of a lack of discipline? What if they think that can walk all over him? What happens when they have off the field issues?

There's all kinds of negative outcomes. There are so many questions to how he would react to circumstances both on and off the field. The reason we dont know how he might react is because he's never faced those situations. He needs to gain that experience on a smaller stage.

I know of a certain coach, who isn’t currently coaching, who may want to come and coach for say 5-7 years. Get the program stabilized, win a national championship, and then maybe call it quits. He could probably even get Tee to come in as his OC, groom him, and turn the program over to him when he’s finished.

I know of a certain coach, who isn’t currently coaching, who may want to come and coach for say 5-7 years. Get the program stabilized, win a national championship, and then maybe call it quits. He could probably even get Tee to come in as his OC, groom him, and turn the program over to him when he’s finished.

My gosh man...let it go

Reactions: 2 people
Many are suggesting it's none other than Gruuuuuuuuuden.

babe.gif

It would be epic. All the redemptions. Hutch7, Chattvol06, DTO, Boro, Beaver, would self proclaim victory and shun the non believers.

The greatest redemption would be this fanbase getting to throw all the mocking and laughing back into the faces of everyone who has mocked and laughed at us over the course of this search, saying the fanbase are the ones to blame, not the inept administration.

I don’t really care about coming on here and rubbing it in Vol fans’ faces. I want all the ones who didn’t believe it could happen to still be able to go on FB or wherever, and celebrate loudly to all those making fun of us.

Two problems fellas

1. Haslam dominated AD
2. No championship coach on the Hill.

One does not necessarily prevent or guarantee the other.

24 hours ago, we may have had the coach, but had Haslam leading the AD. Now the script is flipped, but it’s far from sure Fulmer will beat out a Leach hire

It’s all wait and see

Leach under Currie <<< Fulmer and anyone

Our football program is BROKEN. Mike Leach wasn’t going to fix anything. John Currie wasn’t going to fix anything.

Our problem was bigger than the next hire and that became evident a long time ago but we were all hoping that with our financial issues fixed and our roster halfway decent that we were finally ready to make a good hire for the first time in 9 years. Instead on Sunday we learned that nothing had changed.

Yesterday we got our program out of the hands of puppets and into the hands of someone who lives it and wants to see it flourish. Now we have got a long ways to go but I’m hopeful that from this point forward we can start focusing on winning. And by winning I mean winning championships. That won’t happen overnight though.

I hope a lot of people who are hung up on what they thought was the answer will see the big picture and not focus so much on Mike Leach cause they had a crush on him or whatever. Gotta think big picture.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
I think UGA beats Auburn tomorrow

Having to emotionally and physically get up again after beating Bama. Win or lose Bama take its toll on a team the next week.

Distractions possibly with Gus and Arkansas

Steele has been in communication all week providing details of a staff he could bring and championing for the job.

Ugh! I really hope not. I don’t feel like having to hear it from these fans down here.

Freak, I keep getting these small adds pop up at the bottom of the screen on mobile and it just started doing that 2 days ago? Any ideas on how to stop it or get it to go away?

Finally took some advice and put a couple of know it all's on ignore. While others quote them my overall experience catching up the last 20 pages was nice. I cannot abide know it all's and folks who crap on other's opinions. Go Vols!

Reactions: 2 people

Miles?

Ok, guys, don't be surprised if Fulmers hires someone and crams it down everyones throats.....
Does anyone know for sure if Fulmer was all go behind Curries first attempt at a hire or not?
No one wants to have a failure attached to their name....so they will do all they can to cover it up....
I don't know if he liked the idea or not......

Hindsight when looking at what most his old staff has done elsewhere ole Phil knew exactly what he was doing

Freak, I keep getting these small adds pop up at the bottom of the screen on mobile and it just started doing that 2 days ago? Any ideas on how to stop it or get it to go away?

I use chrome on an iPhone. It has happened a couple of times . I am curious if it happens because of the wifi you are connected to? Only reason I say that is it goes away without any adjustment of settings.

Two problems fellas

1. Haslam dominated AD
2. No championship coach on the Hill.

One does not necessarily prevent or guarantee the other.

24 hours ago, we may have had the coach, but had Haslam leading the AD. Now the script is flipped, but it’s far from sure Fulmer will beat out a Leach hire

It’s all wait and see

We were never hiring Leach. Haslam would have blocked it. All that happened by Currie going rogue and trying to land Leach last minute is it made Leach no longer a candidate under Fulmer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back