Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Old guys first cars. Mine was a 65 Ford pickup with 3 on the tree. Sold it for $150 and a 16 guage shotgun.

1974 (18) - 1st car 1964 Rambler Classic (Push Button) - Paid $100 for it
1975 (19) - 2A 1969 Dodge Charger 440 Magnum - Best car I ever owned and the fastest I've ever driven > 140 mph - Cost $600
1976 (20) - 2B 1969 Corvette 427 Cost $3,500 I spent a lot of money on this, put 60" tires on the front and 50's in the rear with chrome wheels. The car was black with a hood scoop. Added a single side band radio because in those days you had to have a CB. It was a great touring car and that worked pretty good since I was in the navy at the time and traveling back and forth from the west coast to Chattanooga. (Loaned it to a girlfriend one night when I was home, she got it overheated, spun the main bearings, replaced engine with a 350) - cruising speed on the interstate for me back then was 110 mph. I got stories about my time with this car - got a ticket in Winslow, Arizona among other things.

Prior to owning my own car I drove my mother's for a couple years, (16/17) 1972 Cutlass 442. This was a cool looking car. I used to jump hills in it with my friends along for the ride. I went to pick it up from getting serviced one time and the guy who owned the garage (Older guy whom we'd known forever) tells me the car is supposed to hold 5 quarts of oil but now it will only hold 4 quarts. He asked me if I had any idea why that was. I just told him I'm only 17 years old - I don't know all that much about cars yet. :)

1974 (18) - 1st car 1964 Rambler Classic (Push Button) - Paid $100 for it
1975 (19) - 2A 1969 Dodge Charger 440 Magnum - Best car I ever owned and the fastest I've ever driven > 140 mph - Cost $600
1976 (20) - 2B 1969 Corvette 427 Cost $3,500 I spent a lot of money on this, put 60" tires on the front and 50's in the rear with chrome wheels. The car was black with a hood scoop. Added a single side band radio because in those days you had to have a CB. It was a great touring car and that worked pretty good since I was in the navy at the time and traveling back and forth from the west coast to Chattanooga. (Loaned it to a girlfriend one night when I was home, she got it overheated, spun the main bearings, replaced engine with a 350) - cruising speed on the interstate for me back then was 110 mph. I got stories about my time with this car - got a ticket in Winslow, Arizona among other things.

Prior to owning my own car I drove my mother's for a couple years, (16/17) 1972 Cutlass 442. This was a cool looking car. I used to jump hills in it with my friends along for the ride. I went to pick it up from getting serviced one time and the guy who owned the garage (Older guy whom we'd known forever) tells me the car is supposed to hold 5 quarts of oil but now it will only hold 4 quarts. He asked me if I had any idea why that was. I just told him I'm only 17 years old - I don't know all that much about cars yet. :)

I can hear The Eagles and Take It Easy while reading this. Winslow, AZ - how appropriate to get a ticket there. lol.

My FIL had that same Rambler until it sputtered and died.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back