Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious to see how this press conference goes. But I'm pretty excited about the hire from a football perspective.

His resume is easily comparable if not more impressive than Napier and I would have been through the roof about that hire.

Hopefully we see some fireworks this season. Finally have some hope on the offensive side of the ball. We'll see about the rest but not a bad start.
Seems like Napier may be getting more desirable just by playing hard to get.

Reactions: seaofORANGE22
4 or 5 year deal and no talks of an extension until entering the last year of the contract.

We need 3 seasons, after than we should know if he's going to work and we should also be past most of the Pruitt/Fulmer BS etc.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
What I've learned in the coaching search of 2021 -

- VQ is still pretty much dead on with stuff (I'm guilty of accusing them of being wrong during this)
- Insiders took a hit on this one
- @Kingston Vol coaching lists are pretty close to accurate as we'd like to admit
- @BruinVol is more right than some would like to admit
- Our program isn't what we perceive it to be
- @TN-POSSUM is the king of the GIF

I'm getting behind the new coach and hope he has great success. I do not want to do this again in 3 years!

You all are a great bunch, I've appreciated the banter and the high's and low's of this search!

Go Vols!
You forgot that we all have a new hero @Neyland Rising

tenor.gif

Reactions: LA Vol
Compared to Pruitt? TBD...but it’ll be DIFFERENT.
Not compared to Pruitt, just compared to better-than-average SEC HCs. We all know Pruitt was bad. I'm excited about the different. But if that's all he has going for him. . . I haven't been a fan of any of the coaching hires since Fulmer was let go. What's different for me this time is that I got my hopes up when we got a high-quality AD.

Oh well. The offense should be fun for a while; longer if he can recruit. Hope I'm surprised about the rest.

Another thing we need to consider: Danny hired Heupel, this is his guy, and they have a great relationship obviously. Danny will give Heupel whatever he needs. Money is clearly no object. He will get whatever he needs here. Let's hope he can handle the job.
My biggest concern is how will Heupel handle things if they get tough. Butch crumbled. Heupel comes from a winning background and has played and coach at high level and high stress jobs. Hope this job doesn't prove to be too big for him

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back