Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
He will probably be successful at his next job if coaching at a NCAA penalized, raging dumpster fire program doesn’t damage his career too bad. I bet he is an outstanding OC. I just think that this is too toxic of a dumpster fire of a program for a first time HC to step into. I’d like to give the AD the benefit of the doubt and assume that all top targets said no and that this was the only option. Either that or the fans have been fed a lot of bull$#it in the last week. And it appears like the AD still thinks he is hiring a HC for a mid major program.

I know how you feel. I’m 27, I’ve bled orange since the day I was born, been to tons upon tons of games, season tickets, etc. I’m close to the point of not caring also. Amazing how a school like ours with the money, facilities and resources we have consistently makes boneheaded decisions time
And time again.

I feel ya man. I too am 27 and since I’ve been old enough to have season tickets it’s been not to many great memories and a lot of horrible disappointments. At least we’re old enough to remember 98 and the early 2000s. Cause it feels like we will never get back to that level. Even with the administration saying the right things we’re apparently going out and hiring a 1st time head coach to try to pilot us through this steaming pile of Jurassic Dung that we’ve become? It just feels like a never ending battle. I’ll always be a vol, but living in Hawaii I may stop waking up at 6:00 to catch us getting stomped on Saturdays. It just hasn’t been worth it in a while.

Reactions: Berry4Heisman14
He will probably be successful at his next job if coaching at a NCAA penalized, raging dumpster fire program doesn’t damage his career too bad. I bet he is an outstanding OC. I just think that this is too toxic of a dumpster fire of a program for a first time HC to step into. I’d like to give the AD the benefit of the doubt and assume that all too targets said no and that this was the only option. Either that or the fans have been fed a lot of bull$#it in the last week.
I'm still choosing to wait, I'm not sure I believe the Elliott stuff yet

I feel ya man. I too am 27 and since I’ve been old enough to have season tickets it’s been not to many great memories and a lot of horrible disappointments. At least we’re old enough to remember 98 and the early 2000s. Cause it feels like we will never get back to that level. Even with the administration saying the right things we’re apparently going out and hiring a 1st time head coach to try to pilot us through this steaming pile of Jurassic Dung that we’ve become? It just feels like a never ending battle. I’ll always be a vol, but living in Hawaii I may stop waking up at 6:00 to catch us getting stomped on Saturdays. It just hasn’t been worth it in a while.
It’s been tough for us in that age group. How’s living in Hawaii? I’ve never been.

Reactions: AVolforLifenmeZac
Hey day crew, if you are actually still reading, you probably should skip ahead. We have a ff cleanup on aisle 4 here that doesn't seem to wanna go away. It keeps threatening to leave but appears to be all bluff. It's like it just wants to sit in It's own filth. To each their own i guess.

It’s been tough for us in that age group. How’s living in Hawaii? I’ve never been.

Exactly, it’s just tough because even though we grew up with them being dominant, the kids born even 5 years after us don’t have those memories, and 10 years younger all they know is us sucking which after my childhood is just a travesty
You know it’s great but I miss Tennessee. Covid has definitely made it difficult with not being able to go home to see family or them coming out here. But I definitely recommend a visit here. It’s so beautiful and will make you thank God for the blessings he’s given us

Exactly, it’s just tough because even though we grew up with them being dominant, the kids born even 5 years after us don’t have those memories, and 10 years younger all they know is us sucking which after my childhood is just a travesty
You know it’s great but I miss Tennessee. Covid has definitely made it difficult with not being able to go home to see family or them coming out here. But I definitely recommend a visit here. It’s so beautiful and will make you thank God for the blessings he’s given us
I’d like to go one day. I love the beach. My fiancée is Brazilian/Japanese but born in Brazil, I still have to take her around the country and Hawaii is a place we want to visit. Still haven’t taken her to Tennessee I live in Orlando. We are gonna go to Brazil once Covid passes

Sup y'all. Busy as hell tonight.

Did I miss anything?

Also...if one of you wakes up in a hospital, covered in vomit, after lying face down in it in a gas station bathroom...I saved your life tonight.

You're welcome. Now take a bath. You stink.
Everyone is running around like crazy cuz they think TE is a done deal to TN. I ain’t buying it tho

Reactions: bpvol

Did I miss anything?

Also...if one of you wakes up in a hospital, covered in vomit, after lying face down in it in a gas station bathroom...I saved your life tonight.

You haven't heard we hired Tony Elliott yet? Lol

Reactions: jakez4ut
Hey day crew, if you are actually still reading, you probably should skip ahead. We have a ff cleanup on aisle 4 here that doesn't seem to wanna go away. It keeps threatening to leave but appears to be all bluff. It's like it just wants to sit in It's own filth. To each their own i guess.
Do you realize how pathetic your life has to be to gate-keep a sub forum?

Reactions: Power T-Rev
Yeah. Aaron Murray was a little butthurt too.

The catch phrases of Butch Jones, the ego of Pruitt, and the obsession with appearances of Dooley. Dude is the complete package for sure.

I'm not too worried about. He is friends with Schiano and a grade A egomaniac. I don't think he fits the bill in multiple ways.
Well then, that's the hire!! 😂

I work night shift and after catching up on 100+ pages on company time things got loopy. i had to go back to lurking the ff for sane opinions 🤨. I hope to wake up to some credible, great news from the day shift crew!

My only problem with trying to do this is that I don’t have a natural born NFL team to pull for. I live an hour from the panthers and their spring training is here but I’ve never been interested in them. But I have been playing NCAA Football 14 a lot with mods and roster updates. It’s a lot of fun to take over a no name school and build it.

That just means you can bandwagon a team.

"Oh yeah, I've been a Chiefs fan forever."

Did I miss anything?

I know the feeling, only we just sent one to the hospital who thought it would be a good idea to drink a 5th of 👑 during the fight then go out n cruise around town!! Can ya say job security?!?!?

Reactions: ncVOL1988 and ob79
Franklin is a no and Chadwell does nothing but make me sad. If Franklin is an option then Freeze and Lane needs to be an option
Hubbs the only smoke for Franklin? Another red herring from DW? Elliot has to be plan D, since all the brokers have emphasized sitting HC. I believe order of DW's list is probably Campbell, Franklin, Fleck, then you get to Elliot or Dykes.

I believe @Atlanta VOL every time he speaks but his silence concerns me.
Why? He said a few days ago he would not another word about the search until the hire is announced. He’s doing exactly what he said, which means our top target is still in our sights, and hopefully they are hammering out contract details, or have already agreed and are just waiting to announce.

Disclaimer: I’m answering this and am 30 pages behind, so I have no idea what I’m about find out that has happened between the hours of 11pm-6am. It must be something to have that many new pages in the middle of the night. Hope it’s good news. Here we go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back