Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see so much concern over the recruiting aspect of every coach we hire and or mention. One thing that I think we all take for granted is that over the last several years and as up and down as our record has been we have been able to be ranked in the mid-teens or better every year in recruiting.
I know that we have to get the best recruits to compete in the SEC but we need people that can manage and coach them as well.

Matt Campbell who was a hot name has not had a class rated above number 45 since coming to ISU in the ratings and I believe his 2021 class is #59 Stanford is #50, Vandy #48 and Cinncinatti is #42. You need the players no doubt but the coaches that coach them up in most cases is just as important and as UT goes forward we might just have one with the right staff and player buy in. I hope we are all in for a pleasant surprise this coming year and many to come. Time will tell but taking a new route may be what we need because or old worn path has had us going in circles for too long.

Well look who woke up from his nap.

Don't agree. Do not want the Judas and fulmer link anywhere close to the program. Could explain why the DC hire has been problematic if certain roles were already tabbed. Think CJH should hire his own staff otherwise the dysfunction seen last year will raise its ugly head. imo
This x 100 said all A long no from Fulmer hires

Everyone talks about recruiting, but who at a major SEC program was a good coach but couldn’t win cause they couldn’t recruit. Will wait for a good example. Florida, Georgia, Bama, Barn, LSU, Tennessee. Name me a good coach who lost just cause he couldn’t recruit at a high enough level?
We recruit usually in the top 20 but how many times in the last 10 years have we finished in the top 20 in that span. Development of that talent is the key. Gus at Auburn

If the DC search goes past this weekend then I’m gonna think Conklin is the choice and they’re gonna wait on him.

Not saying that I agree with it, but maybe that’s the move.
Don’t they only play 4 or 5 games? He gone, if he is offered and wants the job.

I see so much concern over the recruiting aspect of every coach we hire and or mention. One thing that I think we all take for granted is that over the last several years and as up and down as our record has been we have been able to be ranked in the mid-teens or better every year in recruiting.
I know that we have to get the best recruits to compete in the SEC but we need people that can manage and coach them as well.

Matt Campbell who was a hot name has not had a class rated above number 45 since coming to ISU in the ratings and I believe his 2021 class is #59 Stanford is #50, Vandy #48 and Cinncinatti is #42. You need the players no doubt but the coaches that coach them up in most cases is just as important and as UT goes forward we might just have one with the right staff and player buy in. I hope we are all in for a pleasant surprise this coming year and many to come. Time will tell but taking a new route may be what we need because or old worn path has had us going in circles for too long.
Go back to yer corner and stop making sense. This was like Billy Madison answering the debate question perfectly. 😄

Go back to yer corner and stop making sense. This was like Billy Madison answering the debate question perfectly. 😄

LOL !!!! The nice men in the white coats told me what to say and even spelled the big words !!!!
Where having Tomato soup and grilled cheese to night.......I don't like Tomato soup but I LIKE CHEESE !!!! Living the DREAM !!!! Then once again back to my corner and my Crayons.

HAPPY HAPPY !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back