Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soooo .... why would he leave LB coach of SB team and be DC for UT with potential sanctions coming?
Money?

(don't misunderstand ... i'm not knocking the potential hire ... just curious)

For House specifically, I think he realizes he misses the player development and teaching. NFL you really aren't doing a ton of that, most your roster is established with guys who already know how/what to do. You teach your scheme and you plan practice, but you're not doing a ton of player teaching...if that makes sense.

Based on his previous experience he seems to enjoy the college world more, probably chose to leave KY/Stoops because that's a defensive HC who has his own opinion and philosophy. So he may have felt like he wouldn't get the credit since people would always say "it's Stoops' system" ya know.

Soooo .... why would he leave LB coach of SB team and be DC for UT with potential sanctions coming?
Money?

Pure speculation based. Career trajectory and money. Coming back into a P5 as DC at UT is bigger than UK. Gives him a path to HC if he is successful.

Money?

Maybe the chance to be the "Boss" of the defense. At uk. Stoops had oversight due to his background and obviously the KC DC established the games plans (with input from others). CJH has stated he wants an attacking defense and will let the DC be in charge. Couple of good years could position MH as a hc candidate. just my $.02 which is all that it is worth :)

Let's say it is COVID. Do they do anything to treat it, or do you just suffer through until it's gone?
In Texas, they're just telling you to stay inside your home for 10--14 days unless your symptoms get really bad. My doctor told me that the strain is not as bad as the initial strain. The family next door to me has Covid and they're just staying in their house. A bunch of us in the neighborhood are bringing food and groceries to them and leaving it at their front door. We text everyday and they're getting better.

Also Kentucky DC still isn't making 1 million, Ansley who had never been a DC prior, came here making that.

So DC at Kentucky to LB coach at KC was less grinding, but also more money. DC at UT on the other hand will be as well if not better than he made with the Chiefs, so the only logical step "up" would be HC or DC in the NFL.

Honest question...... look at a guy like Matt house. Who never won recruiter of the year or is really even thought of as a recruiter.....

yet he’s been a part of recruitment/development for a lot of NFL players... josh Allen/Aaron donald highlighting names.

Why is he not considered an elite recruiter? Isn’t that what should matter?? Consistently Finding guys that are under the radar that are damn good college players and eventually NFL players.

Yet the only people that are passed as “ace” recruiters are guys like Neids or just some other random ass assistants from elite programs.
Everybody's elite when they are passing out cash.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Appreciate it. Was supposed to hit up a Brazilian steakhouse but the MIL bailed in watching the kids so we just ordered pizza and hung out. Next time I'll just leave the kids in a kennel and we will still go.

Happy bday to your son btw and TS is ugly

Passed out AT Applebee's.

I had a dream last night where I drank at a superbowl party, woke up with a hangover this AM. Ain't that some s**t?
Lol. Sounds like a premonition....

Appreciate it. Was supposed to hit up a Brazilian steakhouse but the MIL bailed in watching the kids so we just ordered pizza and hung out. Next time I'll just leave the kids in a kennel and we will still go.

Happy bday to your son btw and TS is ugly

Passed out AT Applebee's.

I had a dream last night where I drank at a superbowl party, woke up with a hangover this AM. Ain't that some s**t?
hey, middle aged drinker here. May i suggest Corona Premier as your Applebeer? Or, if red wine, fill glass 3/4 way with sparkling water, top off with wine, or heavy ish. dont.

#noo hangover #lightweight

Also for House at least...dude got a pay raise to do less, with more down time for his family.

Ansley is a great example though, we obviously were able to bump his pay if he left a NFL job doing less, with more down time to come here. UT despite how badly we've looked with on the field product still pays our staff extremely well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back