Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s noon on the coast. If they found something even remotely bad why haven’t they said anything? Even if it’s private are they really going to send the fired coach out to reel in a player? It’s been said that in the event Pruitt wasn’t retained there would be Steele’s job. Pruitt and Steele are in route.

I’m still very much in the fire Pruitt camp but that’s very telling imo.
Before the hype train got rolling today, the rumor was that they were going to relay the results of the investigation to the chancellor today, and the decision on Pruitt one way or the other would be final sometime between 4:00 today and Sunday night.

The news of Pruitt going to meet HT threw that for a loop, and rightfully so. But that was my understanding of the expected time line as of 8:00 this morning.

It's a pretty big deal to me.

Price acted like this trip was a spur of the moment thing and wanted us to think it was directed related to the investigation. The "BREAKING" in his tweet tells us as much.

It was not breaking news - he had known it was scheduled for days in advance and didn't tell his paying subscribers.
AP is a clown

It's a pretty big deal to me.

Price acted like this trip was a spur of the moment thing and wanted us to think it was directed related to the investigation. The "BREAKING" in his tweet tells us as much.

It was not breaking news - he had known it was scheduled for days in advance and didn't tell his paying subscribers.
9.95 please.

Never understood the criticism of committing to a coach. Everyone, in everyday life, are around people or get advice from people they trust. That's life.

Because most assistants in today's game aren't at the same school for more than a few years unless they're promoted. Also, besides a handful of schools, no HC is guaranteed to be there 3 or 4 years anymore. Its not like the 90s where Fulmer had staff members here for 10 years. The school is the only guarantee that will still be here.

I'd fare to say our next staff would have someone who has had some sort of relationship or at least familiarity with Henry T from the recruiting process as highly touted as he was. Coaching jobs are a revolving door. If you want to blame anyone for this its Pruitt for being a trash head coach and the admin for letting this thing drag on as long as it has. I dont blame him for looking somewhere else. I would as well.

This prolonged investigation is on the Chancellor. She wanted to bring in outside counsel; she wanted to dig deeper and uncover everything. She wants to run the program by the book. The "right way." In the SEC. While UT tries to compete with Bama, UGA, UF, Auburn, LSU, aTm, etc., etc.
You’re back! How did you escape the clutches of @InVOLuntary? Did he treat you well in your captivity? (See earlier posts for this odd exchange). Were their scantily clad women?

Last edited:
The formal presentation of findings isn't outside counsel's only communication with UT leadership. It's the culmination of the internal phase of the investigation.

The Chancellor's goal in retaining outside counsel to conduct an investigation is to protect and defend the university. UT will continue operating at the advice of counsel to do that.
Has there been a decision made. I think to many people are reading into pruitts trip to California

I dont care how many followers someone has, I dont participate in Facebook, Twitter etc. I am on Linkedin for professional purposes.

But when I see grown ass men on Twitter following a bunch of kids around, stalking their families, trying to reach out to them etc. its down right disgusting, weird and inappropriate. So no, its not acceptable
I find that I don’t care. It’s part of it, what they signed up for when they joined Twitter.
Like everything else in life, you have to take ALL that goes with it, it ain’t a buffet where you get to choose just what you want!!

I think perhaps you’re not reading enough into it
Possibly but why hasn’t anyone from the AD come out and said the investigation is complete and Pruitt will be here next year because that’s what a lot people are claiming now since he’s going to see HT

Last edited:
Before the hype train got rolling today, the rumor was that they were going to relay the results of the investigation to the chancellor today, and the decision on Pruitt one way or the other would be final sometime between 4:00 today and Sunday night.

The news of Pruitt going to meet HT threw that for a loop, and rightfully so. But that was my understanding of the expected time line as of 8:00 this morning.

The question will come up

And he can’t truthfully answer yes or no If he doesent know. So why even allow it to happen when Steele job Is to keep people there

I'm not sure we are in a better spot. Look at the 2018 and 2019 classes, a lot are already gone from both classes or are about to possible leave like To'o To'o. Neither one of those classes are top 25 after all the defections and busts.
Maybe..... maybe not, I’m worried about corner mainly..... we haven’t really lost a lot from the 18/19 class yet besides wanya..... the point still remains that we need to be patient and also that we can’t expect much growth if our plans aren’t allowed to practice.

Siap hubbs:

I'm not saying he's back till the Chancellor tells me he's back.

Pruitt went and saw Crouch and Morris before ever meeting with investigators. This trip to California was scheduled before Pruitt's meeting yesterday.

So we still don't know what the investigation is going to turn up with Pruitt. I think this is the chancellor's call and I would say she's going to be getting the findings report from the Glazier group in the next day or so.
so the chancellor wasn't present for the meeting yesterday...and the goal posts move....AGAIN....shocking.

lol.

they'll announce something in the middle of spring practice............

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Possibly but why hasn’t anyone from the AD come out and said the investigation is complete and Pruitt will be here next year because that’s what a lot people are claiming now that he’s going to see HT

Admin has been completely inept this entire time

Possibly but why hasn’t anyone from the AD come out and said the investigation is complete and Pruitt will be here next year because that’s what a lot people are claiming now that he’s going to see HT

Because they don't have to? He is literally the coach until they say he is not. So from their viewpoint it may be like saying water is wet. This echo chamber is where everything gets whipped into a frenzy needing information now.

Because he's a domino. When a team leader goes, others follow. And it's time-critical.
exactly....especially about the "time critical" part....i don't think that part can probably be emphasized enough seeing as how he'd be travelling back to Knoxville this weekend assuming he's coming back.

Reactions: LA Vol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back