Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right. I certainly have no inside knowledge but plenty of signs he won’t be the coach next year. I’m sure they’re working on the buyout deal/investigation/Bowl game plans/funeral logistics/etc. and will announce when ducks are in a row.

But you’re right, nothing is final until it’s final. I’m choosing to believe he’s gone and it’s just a matter of time.
I so badly want you to be right. But I’ve seen this movie enough times now to know that nobody knows what’s going on, including the people that make the decision to fire CJP. The playbook is to let the rumors swirl for way too long and build to a national crescendo, all the while having no replacement lined up, finally pulling the plug way too late, botching the coaching search, getting 3-4 coaches raises with their current school/employer as they reject us in the national spotlight, then hiring someone who’s not qualified for a job of this magnitude due to a glaring lack of experience required to be a winner in the SEC. We’ve got that series down better than any that Chaney attempted on the field this season.

I'm far from convinced either way honestly. I am leaning that the decision will be made that he will be out but there is absolutely nothing pushing me either way.
I don't like him, I want him gone, but with TN accepting a bowl game and this "investigation" dragging out for weeks is not a good thing. The longer this drags out the more likely he is back.

I choose to believe people are FOS and attention whores when they just drop random phrases like “Pruitt will not coach at UT next year”.

Oh really? Wow, you must really be in the know, huh?

How about a qualifier....like JMO, or I was told, or I just got off the phone with somebody in the AD...?

Gah I love this board, lol.
Who cares? You don’t have to believe him and he can say whatever he wants.

Reactions: barrylee
Once more:
If Pruitt were staying Fulmer would’ve already come out and said something
This isn’t hard guys
Not necessarily, he could've been told be quiet until the investigation is over. The admin could then come out and say we didn't find anything and we will be moving forward with Coach Pruitt. If its not bad enough to decline a bowl, I don't think he's gone.

Reactions: Vol4ever
So if we play in the bowl, the investigation must not have been much. Certainly not a fireable with cause level.
Hopefully accepting the invite is some type of good sign in regards to the investigation. I thought for sure we'd turn any bowl game down due to that.

Edit: I see others posted about the SEC telling schools they were going to accept.

Last edited:
Reactions: nesbuddha66
5 minutes. It's something with my account and VN server. I've done everything to fix it. It's 100% with VN and something screwy on my account. New accounts dont work, friends logging in at diff places doesnt work, etc. DNS flushes, lan settings changed, blah blah blah

anyway pruitt gonna be here next year as of now.

I’ll choose to believe what Hubbs and others have said

I choose to believe people are FOS and attention whores when they just drop random phrases like “Pruitt will not coach at UT next year”.

Oh really? Wow, you must really be in the know, huh?

How about a qualifier....like JMO, or I was told, or I just got off the phone with somebody in the AD...?

Gah I love this board, lol.
Think you may be taking message boards too seriously. If you are looking for concrete, unfallible information, you are looking in the wrong place to begin with.

Reactions: StoVol and volKano
Then by all means please list the guys that we have a realistic shot at that will lift us out of mediocrity.
My list...

Meyer/Bob Stoops (unrealistic)

Freeze

Kiffin

Malzahn (last call as fall back, borderline meh but he’s beaten our main rivals)

Pair any of those realistic choices up with a DC hire of Muschamp/Mason/Steele and go take the East.

Like I’ve said, it’s not that any of my “hard no” coaches are horrible coaches. I just don’t believe they’ll get UT back to competing for division / conference titles on a regular basis. That is the goal, right? They’re less of a sure thing (or as sure as there can be really). UT needs as little as a gamble as possible. I respect y’all disagree and I know my opinion isn’t held by many but I’m not gonna lower my standards for what I believe will bring UT back to nat’l prominence just because “he’s better than what we have now”. I know I’m probably gonna be disappointed but hey, we are plenty used to that so no sweat off my back. Just along for the ride until it comes to an end or until they shut off the ride (which the very next hire may do). 🤪

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back