Recruiting Football Talk VII

Anyone ever listen to the Off the Hook sports hosted by Dave Hooker?

If so, thoughts?

I’ve listened to a few segments as they occasionally populate my YouTube feed and I’m jonesing for a Vols fix while doing yard work or driving.

They seem kind of off a bit? In one I listened to his cohost said Peyton Lewis will be RB1 this year. In another he said while vol fans may no like it, Pruitt was the best talent evaluator Tennessee has ever had.

Guy thought jahmyr Gibbs was a CB and wanted nothing to do with Ladd McConkey but yeah best ever.

They have a video posted with the moronic title “Is 2024 a make or break year for Huepel.”

Eye roll.

Are these anomolies or should I just avoid listening to them?
That loser trolls the Vols all the time in fake "rankings" of all sorts that he tweets out. Must be really butt hurt to put that much effort into it. I don't know which team he or she is a fan of.

If so, thoughts?

I’ve listened to a few segments as they occasionally populate my YouTube feed and I’m jonesing for a Vols fix while doing yard work or driving.

They seem kind of off a bit? In one I listened to his cohost said Peyton Lewis will be RB1 this year. In another he said while vol fans may no like it, Pruitt was the best talent evaluator Tennessee has ever had.

Guy thought jahmyr Gibbs was a CB and wanted nothing to do with Ladd McConkey but yeah best ever.

They have a video posted with the moronic title “Is 2024 a make or break year for Huepel.”

Eye roll.

It sounds like a bit honestly. Pruitt was a horrible talent evaluator. Most of his classes were duds. Even a lot of the highly rated kids that decommited from the 21 class ended up as duds

If so, thoughts?

Eye roll.

Hooker always has been and always will be a click-baiting buffoon.

With a runner on first the hitter hits a homerun. . . the hitter is faster than the guy on first. Can he pass him and score before the player on 1st makes it home?

What if it's not a homerun? . . runners on 2nd 3rd, hitter hits a double. Can the 2nd base player pass the guy on 3rd if they're both running for home? Pretty sure it's a no, but just curious if that's ever happened.
It happened recently in a college game I was watching, South Carolina? Batter hit a home run with two men on base, but passed the runner on first who had tagged up in case the ball was caught. Hitter was out but awarded a single. Score was 2-0.

edit, see #156,696.

Last edited:
It sounds like a bit honestly. Pruitt was a horrible talent evaluator. Most of his classes were duds. Even a lot of the highly rated kids that decommited from the 21 class ended up as
Notable names 2018-2019:

Alontae Taylor, Jeremy Banks, Jerome Carvin, Trevon Flowers, Jacob Warren,Kurrott Garland, Cedric Tillman, Darnell Wright, Henry T, Wanya Morris, Eric Gray, Ramel Keyton, Jaylen McCullough, Aaron Beasley.

Some good players in there. A lot of guys who have or will make an NFL roster.

But the ultimate irony being that we would not have a positive opinion of any of them if Pruitt hadn't gotten fired.

Notable names 2018-2019:

Alontae Taylor, Jeremy Banks, Jerome Carvin, Trevon Flowers, Jacob Warren,Kurrott Garland, Cedric Tillman, Darnell Wright, Henry T, Wanya Morris, Eric Gray, Ramel Keyton, Jaylen McCullough, Aaron Beasley.

Some good players in there. A lot of guys who have or will make an NFL roster.

But the ultimate irony being that we would not have a positive opinion of any of them if Pruitt hadn't gotten fired.
Sure he definitely had some good takes. Most were bad players

Haha I'm not a musician but I kept thinking that too. "I'm pretty sure that wolfy is playing chords".

My dumbass brain rationalized it as "well his paws are going horizontally, so maaybe it's possible" 🤦
The musician behind it is playing simple 4ths or 5ths, but the Husky would be playing quite a few major or minor 2nds. Realize you aren't a musician, but let's just say that minor 2nds wouldn't sound nearly so pleasing.

Kudos to the artist though. It's really well done to create something that sounds nice and appears to follow what the pup is doing.

The musician behind it is playing simple 4ths or 5ths, but the Husky would be playing quite a few major or minor 2nds. Realize you aren't a musician, but let's just say that minor 2nds wouldn't sound nearly so pleasing.

Kudos to the artist though. It's really well done to create something that sounds nice and appears to follow what the pup is doing.
Idk. But Kendrick said Drake always playing A minor.

@TheMookieMonster is looking for info on renting a boat and treating his ex-Navy bro to a day in the Vol Navy this fall. If anyone knows the details about what permissions are required to dock and how they are obtained, etc., you might might want to help him out here. The only time I did it was way back. Things appeared pretty informal back then, but I doubt they are now.

I wonder how many have had that nightmare! (Can’t find classroom) I have and still do sometime and it’s been … a minute or two … since I was in college…
😂
I think several on here do. I had my usual Bigfoot/werewolf attacking me in a parking lot and trying to fight it with a car antenna dream and a lot of people described having the late to class dream.

If so, thoughts?

Eye roll.

Turned Penix away. Did he turn out ok?

Reactions: HoleInTheRoof
Notable names 2018-2019:

But the ultimate irony being that we [Dave Hooker] would not have a positive opinion of any of them if Pruitt hadn't gotten fired.
We do. Dave the joke "would not." Think that's a typo, FYI. In case you want to change it.

Last edited:
@TheMookieMonster is looking for info on renting a boat and treating his ex-Navy bro to a day in the Vol Navy this fall. If anyone knows the details about what permissions are required to dock and how they are obtained, etc., you might might want to help him out here. The only time I did it was way back. Things appeared pretty informal back then, but I doubt they are now.
Used to be just tie up to the nearest boat, no permits or anything. I'd reccomend parking with the rear of the boat lined up with other rear-ends. People are gonna be crawling across your boat to get to shore.

Reactions: Orange.

VN Store

Back