Recruiting Football Talk VII

You didn't see the whole exchange or any practices or anything other than a bunch of mound visits and the coach issuing some "zingers".

*The parents is why I quit volunteer coaching.
I don’t need to see all of it.

I would never deliver “zingers” of that nature. One can give a kid a hard time without making him feel the way I imagine that coach makes them feel. You don’t have to “belittle and discourage” them to give them a hard time or press them to respond to hard coaching and be better.

Let’s agree to disagree. This is going nowhere. And I don’t want to be baited into saying something about you considering I don’t know you at all and have never seen any concrete evidence of your coaching. I don’t really care tbh. The problematic parent or coach that decides not to put up with them is not of any real concern to me. Thanks for putting your best foot forward for as long as you did.

With an aging and often-injured Raheem Mostert it's not a bad pickup. As early as 2025 you could have Achane/Wright as RB1/2.

You don't have a back with Wrights size and speed come about every year, especially not in the 4th round. Better to get him now than risk missing out or overpaying for a similar back next draft.
He’ll be fresh and ready to go whenever they don’t want to pay mostert anymore.

With an aging and often-injured Raheem Mostert it's not a bad pickup. As early as 2025 you could have Achane/Wright as RB1/2.

You don't have a back with Wrights size and speed come about every year, especially not in the 4th round. Better to get him now than risk missing out or overpaying for a similar back next draft.
Yeah, I think it's a great pickup and I'm thrilled about it. Been out and about and just now checked on the draft and BOOOM!!!

McDaniel has been keeping a stable of RBs (Wilson and Ahmed been getting plenty of work) but he leans most heavily on the speed guys when they're healthy. Achane was hurt a good bit last year and Mostert ain't no spring chicken.

I think this was one of the best possible landing spots for Wright. He'll get plenty of opportunities.

Go Fins!!!!

If you’re a Lions fans that’s one of those picks where you just have to hope that your GM knows what he’s doing. On the face of it, looks rather questionable.
You’re talking to a guy laughing at other Bear fans acting like drafting a punter before the 5th is an Apocalypse. Holmes has earned some leeway building your team. I simply don’t think this draft was so great after the first two rounds. Bobby Beathard built Super Bowl teams, but it was maddening how he’d trade next year’s first for this one’s second…and I hated the Redskins. When he held on to his first rounders, he’d nail it.

Reactions: knoxvol52

VN Store

Back