Recruiting Football Talk VII

Looking at buying season tickets in the resale market because the only ones available from UT are in the social deck (for $1,950 each). I’ve found some in QQ row 18. But it doesn’t tell me the seat numbers. On digital venue it shows this as the view from QQ R18 seat 61. Surely that’s not right.

Attachments

• IMG_1736.png
    IMG_1736.png
    414.6 KB · Views: 10
We should have a Gymnastics Team.
It’s ridiculous we don’t have a Gymnastics Team.
Gymnastics is an expensive sport for universities to have. The SEC schools with it are powerhouses with a loooong history of success. For those schools (LSU, Bama, Kentucky, Florida, Georgia, iirc) I'm pretty sure they actually generate money but most schools lose money on gymnastics.

It would be a serious initial investment and there's no guarantee we'd see success for a while (or ever).

If we are adding sports, there's cheaper ones with higher chances of success. Women's wrestling is cheap and would probably become a powerhouse quickly, mens wouldn't see much success for a while but we have a history of successful wrestling programs. Would be cheap to add men's soccer - we already have a soccer stadium. Adding hockey officially could see success early but probably more expensive.

All that to say, SEC schools don't like adding new sports and TN is no exception. We've stagnated since TitleIX caused us to drop a bunch of sports. And if something changed and we decided to add more I just don't think it'll be gymnastics.

Looking at buying season tickets in the resale market because the only ones available from UT are in the social deck (for $1,950 each). I’ve found some in QQ row 18. But it doesn’t tell me the seat numbers. On digital venue it shows this as the view from QQ R18 seat 61. Surely that’s not right.
😂. . . that would be my luck.

Gymnastics is an expensive sport for universities to have. The SEC schools with it are powerhouses with a loooong history of success. For those schools (LSU, Bama, Kentucky, Florida, Georgia, iirc) I'm pretty sure they actually generate money but most schools lose money on gymnastics.

It would be a serious initial investment and there's no guarantee we'd see success for a while (or ever).

If we are adding sports, there's cheaper ones with higher chances of success. Women's wrestling is cheap and would probably become a powerhouse quickly, mens wouldn't see much success for a while but we have a history of successful wrestling programs. Would be cheap to add men's soccer - we already have a soccer stadium. Adding hockey officially could see success early but probably more expensive.

All that to say, SEC schools don't like adding new sports and TN is no exception. We've stagnated since TitleIX caused us to drop a bunch of sports. And if something changed and we decided to add more I just don't think it'll be gymnastics.
Bruuuuhhhh…. 😂

Ain’t nobody trying to add women’s wrestling.
I’m not trying to simply “add sports” either.

I’m trying to add Gymnastics.
It’s a marquee Women’s sport in the SEC.
Interest, Eyeballs, Buzz - It would bring all of that.

Sure, it would take money to start up.
But Tennessee fans would support a quality program.

We’re an EVERYTHING school - Danny would put it together

Bruuuuhhhh…. 😂

Ain’t nobody trying to add women’s wrestling.
I’m not trying to simply “add sports” either.

I’m trying to add Gymnastics.
It’s a marquee Women’s sport in the SEC.
Interest, Eyeballs, Buzz - It would bring all of that.

Sure, it would take money to start up.
But Tennessee fans would support a quality program.

We’re an EVERYTHING school - Danny would put it together
Like has already been said: money pit.

Also, actually, women's wrestling is the fastest growing sport in the country, is soon to be a D1 NCAA sport, and Tennessee has pioneered the sport at the high school level. A lot of schools are looking to add that sport.

VN Store

Back