Recruiting Football Talk VII

Spill it.
200w.gif

Word oven? You’re on a different plane of linguistics and usage than myself. I used QUANTITY as signifying his value. Guess I’ll have to own the ODDITY, but it’s the way I wanted it to sound. Better than how GOOD he is and how he trades on the NYSE.
You're welcome to make up your own versions of idioms, but "proven commodity" is the widely accepted version of that particular one. You shouldn't be surprised when people react quizzicaly to variations you invent lol.

We can always add it to pocket presents and pedalstool

You're welcome to make up your own versions of idioms, but "proven commodity" is the widely accepted version of that particular one. You shouldn't be surprised when people react quizzicaly to variations you invent lol.

We can always add it to pocket presents and pedalstool
“ Widely” like WHOM?

Good to know who’s coming after me for saying…stuff…bad. 😏

Confident that my usage stands up. In no way does this equate to pedal stools and pocket presents. You’re being a drama winch.

Pretty good. The new job is taking a lot of my focus. You?
Same as always. I've discovered a Vandy cheat. If all I need is a test like a CT or such, I can go to Lebanon and not have to go all the way to Nashville. Just have to go to Nashville for the doctors.

In what areas? Arm strength big whoop.
Milton's ability to throw a 80-90 yard bomb is irrelevant in the NFL since QB's generally have to release the ball in under 3 seconds. No receiver can run that fast. In fact, Milton's arm strength becomes a liability for him because even on deep passes he has to gear down. He can't just chuck a deep pass as far as he can like most QB's.

“ Widely” like WHOM?

Good to know who’s coming after me for saying…stuff…bad. 😏

Confident that my usage stands up. In no way does this equate to pedal stools and pocket presents. You’re being a drama winch.
Proven commodity is the widely accepted idiomatic phrase. There is no commonly accepted saying of proven quantity.

Combining them like you did was the weird phrasing. I've never seen anyone say proven quantity in the way you did.

If you take that as "coming after you," then you have some insecurity issues. Just trying to have a casual conversation about language and phrasing.

Same as always. I've discovered a Vandy cheat. If all I need is a test like a CT or such, I can go to Lebanon and not have to go all the way to Nashville. Just have to go to Nashville for the doctors.
I’ve managed to escape of going to Nashville for local (thanks to the VA). So sadly bud, Nashville ride along is no longer. Too bad, we could’ve looked for TFG in any of the truck stop’s bathrooms or any seedy motel along the way. God knows what we’ve seen him doing or who (Souce).

I’ve managed to escape of going to Nashville for local (thanks to the VA). So sadly bud, Nashville ride along is no longer. Too bad, we could’ve looked for TFG in any of the truck stop’s bathrooms or any seedy motel along the way. God knows what we’ve seen him doing or who (Souce).
TFG is a Memphis truck stop gigolo, but Souce could possibly be enslaved at some truck stop near the Boro.

Glad the VA has stepped up for you.

Reactions: Orangeredblooded
Proven commodity is the widely accepted idiomatic phrase. There is no commonly accepted saying of proven quantity.

Combining them like you did was the weird phrasing. I've never seen anyone say proven quantity in the way you did.

If you take that as "coming after you," then you have some insecurity issues. Just trying to have a casual conversation about language and phrasing.
Once again, how often are you using either variation to determine what is "widely accepted"? I call bs on your fake authority in this matter. I showed you why it applies correctly and IS NOT an "idiom". Use those FACTS as you will. :cool:

Live a little and quit trying to correct what doesn't need correcting. I'm SECURE in giving you that free life advice.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX

VN Store

Back