Recruiting Football Talk VII

What's wrong with hockey?
I get it....I felt the exact same way about hockey....until a buddy in T-Bay finally talked me into going to a Lightning match with him, and I freaking loved it.

It actually shocked me...I thought it would be like the professional soccer match I went to one time and was bored to freaking death by, but nope it is an insane live sport.

Reactions: franklinpence
Hockey is essentially just higher scoring, more exciting Soccer though lol
It is absolutely nothing like soccer...I was bored to tears by the professional soccer match I went to.

Soccer is played on a giant field by dudes running around like ants playing keep away....Hockey is nothing like that, you've got all these guys, a lot of them are HUGE strong guys, flying around on ice at insane speeds and hitting each other on a relatively small field of play....it is fascinating live.

It is absolutely nothing like soccer...I was bored to tears by the professional soccer match I went to.

Soccer is played on a giant field by dudes running around like ants playing keep away....Hockey is nothing like that, you've got all these guys, a lot of them are HUGE strong guys, flying around on ice at insane speeds and hitting each other on a relatively small field of play....it is fascinating live.
It is similar to Soccer in structure at least, which is what I was talking about. It's a game primarily of movement, set ups, and positioning just on a much smaller scale. I like Soccer but I agree, of the two, because of the speed and physically, I much prefer Hockey.

This is funny if you know what a hoss @LaagerVol is. Dude thought he would be tough until he sees Laager step out. He then had the "oh $h!t" moment and told Laager to get back in the car.

Same energy...

View attachment 636522
In the words of the Red Headed Stranger in a western I can't remember the name of..."Old Sam Colt makes everybody the same size"

If he has 15 sacks this season they won't care if rapes puppies. But he won't and he's moving because he thinks he's elite and he's not.
Nah...IMO..he is just going around stealing as many bags as he can get fools to keep giving him.

If idiots are going to keep giving him money for nothing...then why not see how many fools he can sucker?

Facts.

On a side note, I think all teenage boys should be required to spend at least one summer hauling hay. I’m sure it’s all done by machine now though.
There are still plenty of the old timers that need it done the traditional way but kids expect $20/hr with a 15 minute phone break every hour. I made just enough so that my mom wouldn't have to pay for anything of mine so she could support my brothers.

Might as well be in sports. There are no objective measures, of course, but it's not even like music, where a strand is popular but demographically naive. People watch what they enjoy, to Jack's point...and soccer is worldwide and across generations. The closest thing there is to an objective measure across humanity. No other sport comes close.
And yet...it is still 💩

Last edited:
There are still plenty of the old timers that need it done the traditional way but kids expect $20/hr with a 15 minute phone break every hour. I made just enough so that my mom wouldn't have to pay for anything of mine so she could support my brothers.
I think I made like $12 a day. My breaks were the ride in the truck from the field to the barn lol. Not many kids these days know about helping mom/dad out.

It is similar to Soccer in structure at least, which is what I was talking about. It's a game primarily of movement, set ups, and positioning just on a much smaller scale. I like Soccer but I agree, of the two, because of the speed and physically, I much prefer Hockey.
Yeah...I agree with what you said in that tense, I wasn't meani g to argue...I just wanted to make the counterpoint that they are nothing alike in actual play.

Reactions: BigOrange15

VN Store

Back