Recruiting Football Talk VII

I'm not really a fan of the Smashing Pumpkins. I did see them once with Liz Phair (of "Supernova" fame) opening. I really liked her show better. The best part of all was her coming back out and them doing a David Bowie set together in tribute, the week of his death. Great set.

You'd throw your own life (or close to life) away over...a guy kicking your truck?

Imagine those decades in jail time first and the effect on your family. Then imagine a truck...with a light dent in it, soon to be repaired by the jerk that kicked it and got arrested.

Hell, anyone that just randomly kicks innocent folks' trucks probably needs a good mental eval. Losing 2 lives over a dent is...a bit much...
I meant I would sing that song at them

Reactions: Devo182 and Orange.
Popularity is not reliable indicator of merit.
Might as well be in sports. There are no objective measures, of course, but it's not even like music, where a strand is popular but demographically naive. People watch what they enjoy, to Jack's point...and soccer is worldwide and across generations. The closest thing there is to an objective measure across humanity. No other sport comes close.

I honestly can't get in to soccer either unless it's the World Cup. Perhaps if I had a team I really got behind. Otherwise, going back and forth for 90 minutes and then winning the game on Penalty Kicks is not enjoyable for me.
Conceptually it sounds dull, then you get into a match and it's the opposite.

Imo outside of WC - watch ANY TIME the US plays Mexico. Pure gold and the most intense thing I've seen. It feels like life and death.

I don't make much time for sports outside of UT, but US soccer is one that's a great follow outside of the WC.

Watched the third period. Playoff hockey is intense with players sacrificing their bodies. Preds had to block 10-15 shots in the third. Smashville will be rocking for game 3.
Preds blocked 32 shots in total throughout the game. Canucks had 84 shot attempts and only 18 made it on target between blocks and missing the net. Preds took advantage of their opportunities and Canucks were shut down by a defense that was ready to suffer for the win and Juuse was solid in the net. You have to be able to win these types of intense games on the road in the playoffs and the Preds did just that. Hold serve at home and Preds will be in a strong position. Won’t be easy at all, but this team can do it.

Thank you
I don't know your son's cause of injury, but I wondered if this might be something to explore.

3. Gilmore’s groin / Sportsman’s hernia
Gilmore’s groin or Sportsman’s hernia causes pain deep in the groin area. It can start suddenly or develop slowly over time, and it usually affects people who play sports that involve a lot of twisting movements, e.g. football. It's not that common in runners.

It’s not a true hernia, and you don’t get a bulge like you would with a normal hernia. They’re not really sure about what exactly causes the pain, but most athletes with this condition seem to have a tear in some of the ligaments and tendons deep inside the inguinal area.

How to fix this: The first line of treatment for Gilmore’s groin is to follow a carefully graded strengthening programme for at least 12 to 24 weeks. If this isn’t successful, you may benefit from surgery to fix or trim the ligaments or tendons that are causing the problem.

I know a couple guys that are ready with fish!
There is a pretty good NHL Playoffs commercial I saw while watching a different game the other night. Had a Preds fan getting ready with taping a catfish to his chest under his jersey and then trying to go through security on the way into the game. Security guy stops him when he sees a bulge, realized what it was and fully understood the assignment and let him through anyways. Boom, catfish on the ice. 😅

I'm not really a fan of the Smashing Pumpkins. I did see them once with Liz Phair (of "Supernova" fame) opening. I really liked her show better. The best part of all was her coming back out and them doing a David Bowie set together in tribute, the week of his death. Great set.
random. but, here's what i'd say about the pumpkins....there was some stuff i liked...and the stuff i liked, i really liked. didn't care for some of the other stuff.

but when SP went heavy....it was as good as anyone.

There is a pretty good NHL Playoffs commercial I saw while watching a different game the other night. Had a Preds fan getting ready with taping a catfish to his chest under his jersey and then trying to go through security on the way into the game. Security guy stops him when he sees a bulge, realized what it was and fully understood the assignment and let him through anyways. Boom, catfish on the ice. 😅
It is a great/cool tradition..........

I unfortunately will be in Philadelphia Thursday-Sunday :mad:

but playing some great golf courses. so not all bad!

Reactions: Nash_Vol97
random. but, here's what i'd say about the pumpkins....there was some stuff i liked...and the stuff i liked, i really liked. didn't care for some of the other stuff.

but when SP went heavy....it was as good as anyone.
Idk what seeing them today is like; but, 30 years ago, it was awesome...they were incredible live. They're one of my top 3 bands of that era (along with Soundgarden & Alice In Chains)...up to Machina II is some of the best music of the 90s, imo.

Reactions: jakez4ut
According to Greek literature, the Trojan Horse entered Troy on April 24, 1184 BC. The Greeks and the people of Troy were at war with each other. The Greeks tricked the Trojans by creating an enormous wooden horse and then hiding their best soldiers inside. They wheeled the horse up to the city gates and left. The Trojans thought the horse was an acknowledgment that the Greeks were giving up. They opened the city gates and wheeled the horse in. That night the soldiers crawled out of the horse, opened up the city gates, brought in many more soldiers, and defeated the Trojans.

1713974905752.png

VN Store

Back