Recruiting Football Talk VII

I love western NC...I agree it is one of the most beautiful areas in the country, but I am partial to some of the great colorful high open western vistas as the most beautiful in the country.
Its been so long since ive been to any of the western states. Will be going to Golden CO next June.

Kind of a silly bucket list thing. Want to pan for gold. It'll be something fun to do with the kids.

Jayson Jenkins

University of Tennessee

Recommitted
Love your edits! 💥

I thought maybe Jenkins wanted some NIL, if not commensurate with the star DLs -- which would have been ridiculous and made him a crazy case -- at least something to make him feel valued and rewarded. The two players I recall doing this in the past were TB, who proved to never stop doing it here or anywhere else, and Jaylen Wright, who came back happy and absolutely balled out, giving his all for Tennessee. Opposite cases.

These poor kids…. Hopefully they know the rest of life doesn’t operate like the transfer portal or come with NIL deals.
It actually does, bruh. Or are you still bagging groceries at the afternoon and weekend job you had in high school?

Last edited:
Has there been anyone from the football team enter the portal post spring practice? I was thinking it’s been pretty quiet.
Honestly surprised we have not asked ppl on the roster to enter, I still feel like we have guys on the Oline who haven’t done much that would be nice to replace to build depth but I haven’t seen anybody enter from other teams worth taking so it might be a wash at this point. It’s a long portal season during this stretch so still possible

April 23, 1985

New Coke:
"Coca-Cola, which had been the world’s bestselling soft drink, had been facing increasing competition from rival cola Pepsi, and the company wanted to re-energize the brand. In blind taste tests, consumers generally preferred New Coke over Pepsi and the original Coke. But, consumers had a sentimental attachment to their beloved brand and reacted very negatively to New Coke. The company was flooded with up to 8,00 calls a day from dissatisfied consumers and received some 40,000 complaint letters. CEO Roberto Goizueta got a letter addressed to “Chief Dodo, The Coca-Cola Company.”

The soda company quickly got the message and brought back the original formula less than three months after New Coke launched. On July 11, 1985, 79 days after the release of New Coke, Coke’s original formula returned to market, rebranded as Coca-Cola Classic. It quickly regained its status as the dominant cola.

Biggest marketing blunder in history.....................or...................Greatest marketing strategy in history

View attachment 636298

Either way.......Pepsi and RC Cola are better
What I seem to recall is that when Coke was withdrawn and then reintroduced as "Classic," following the "New Coke" circus, corn sweetener (or something) had been substituted for sugar cane in the transition from Coke to Classic. I don't think that change would have been at all well received had the company simply changed the sweetener in Coke; but it was completely distracted from by the ruckus. "Classic," in fact, got applause when "it" was brought back. Made me wonder if that were intentional. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong. I don't drink soft drinks.

Last edited:
I'm still considering a move to the state of Washington...so much beauty there.
The photos sure look like it. I've been to Oregon, Idaho, and British Columbia, and enjoyed all three, but never to Washington. I like almost everywhere I go. It makes all the difference to look for the positive and not expect it to be like home.

Speaking of Washington, if you missed it, check out this video, which involves some scenic sites in Washington and some major crazy: #153,713.

deerlord

IMG_6357.gif

New rule: You wanna transfer ? You get 1 week. Otherwise, take your boot straps, tie them up. Take the trash, and sack it up. Take your pants, tighten the big boy belt. Get your manpon ready!!! This is so stupid. 😆🫡

You ready??

Stop the Insanity, Idiot Margin!!!!

🦘🦘🦘💩💩💩💩💩💩

Last edited:
What I seem to recall is that when Coke was withdrawn and then reintroduced as "Classic," following the "New Coke" circus, corn sweetener (or something) had been substituted for sugar cane in the transition from Coke to Classic. I don't think that change would have been at all well received had the company simply changed the sweetener in Coke; but it was completely distracted from by the ruckus. "Classic," in fact, got applause when "it" was brought back. Made me wonder if that were intentional. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong. I don't drink soft drinks.
I think it was a ploy to "re-introduce" Coke Classic. Genius if it was...........

But isn’t that because what Manning was good at takes more time to develop especially on a bad team? Cam was good at running which can cover a lot of mistakes and make a good defense work harder. Just hard to compare the two even though he tried.

I do think it's harder for a pocket passer to have an impact as a rookie then a scrambler. I also think it was harder in that era for a rookie to be effective. He was productive as a rookie just threw way too many picks.

VN Store

Back