Recruiting Football Talk VII

Intelligence is not what makes a great hitter. There are a lot of DUMB baseball players who can hit. It's just experience. You put in the reps and have the athleticism, you end up being good at it. Jordan would have been an MLB hall of famer if he'd been putting in the reps for baseball since he was 5 instead of using all his reps on basketball.

And no, at any decent level, you cannot put in a random athlete for football and expect them to be good. There's a LOT more knowledge needed to be good at football than baseball. Schemes and positions and assignments and plays and knowing what your teammates are doing simultaneously and reacting to all those variables from the defense as well.

You're pumping up baseball to be much more than it is. It requires more time and more reps to dial in hitting than some specific skills in other sports, sure, but beyond pitch selection it's not all that complicated or complex, and there's sooo much time for the manager to handle most of the complexity (shifts, pitch selection, etc...) that players don't really need to be all that smart.

Edit, by intelligence I mean knowledge of the game, not general intelligence.
All Jordan had to do was practice a little bit…..

Wow.

I wouldn't say this is a positive thing because that's quality depth we just lost, but the silver lining is that we know what he brings and that means there's a couple dudes much better than him.

Pilli, Telander, Spillman, Perry must've really jumped him on the depth chart.

Happy Friday

April 19, 2024: Your spiritual awareness is becoming more acute. This will be a subtle but palpable change in your life. Embrace and nurture this time of growth and development as you leave fleshly concerns behind. Open your heart, and let your faith soar like an eagle. Isaiah 40:31 But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.

I feel slighted being left off the @ list here :flex:

The data on the Yankees is inaccurate. Lou Gehrig is the greatest Yankee. Let it be written, let it be known.

Some of those are downright laughable.

Johnny Bench > Pete Rose
Ty Cobb >>> Miguel Cabrera (wtf)
Skinny Barry > Honus Wagner
Willie Mays > Fat Barry
Stan Musial > Albert Pujols

I agree….your list is fyaaaaa🔥🔥 and more accurate than this hunk of junk😂😂

@jave36 literally said "putting in the reps for baseball since he was 5."

Anyway, I looked at the feed of that guy you posted. It's pretty interesting, especially the overlays.
I know what he said…. Its just a lot more complicated then putting in the reps since the age of 5. Jordan did play pretty heavily through some of his teen years but gave it up bc basketball was sports…. Others have been pretty dominant at two sports such as Danny Ainge for example. Hitting a baseball at a MLB level is one of the hardest things to do in sports.

Reactions: rikberry31
The EPL says hi right back.

The EPL is the unquestioned top league in the world's most popular sport, and revenue for the elite clubs is on par with the top NFL clubs. The Big Six EPL teams averaged $684 million in revenue versus $586 million for the typical NFL team.
The post you quoted was probably implying women’s professional soccer… jmo. 😒

Reactions: Batman1948

VN Store

Back