Recruiting Football Talk VII

I like NIL 100%, but there does need to be a cap with contracts set in place. If you make money from a school, you need to be that schools employee and sign a contract, just like the NFL. There has to be some rule structure in place. More than likely a seperate league would have to be formed with super conferences outside of the NCAA's incompetence.

People like to argue that coaches can change jobs at a drop of a hat, but there are also contracts and buyouts in play.

I mean. You either have a right to sell your own name/image/likeness. Or you don’t.

I for one think the Supreme Court is 100% correct. Any consenting adult should have the right to sell or not sell their own Name/Image/Likeness. If someone wants to pay me then I should have a right to do that. A cap just makes no sense. So then I only own 40% of the right to my own NIL? The argument just really breaks down for me.

It’s absolutely ridiculous how ppl have no concept of NIL or transfer portal and think it effects their lives and the livelihood of college football because coaches like Kirby and Saban complain about their jobs being harder. Newsflash the revenue generated from college football alone tells me that is a false narrative…but let’s play this game for a sec

Again for the folks in the back Kirby and Saban are complaining for a reason and it’s not because their jobs got harder or it caused them to retire “early”

They want this narrative where the ncaa can have the power to bring about regulation and caps because it brings back the old system of paying recruits under the table. So while you are complaining on social media that college football has become a semi pro league think about the old system before NIL and how Tenn was buried due to reasons like coaching turnover and not being able to sign more than 25 in a class and having to play walk on’s on the OL back in the day because there was no transfer portal back then that could help our coaches who also sucked and were a problem as well but that is besides the point.

No, no more of that ish is happening we can finally field a full team of valued players and no longer is there a network of boosters helping teams in HS recruiting, now that everything is out in the open the playing field is squared if your collective isn’t a joke. But even if you are a school like missouri that doesn’t have a big budget for their collective you can still field a competitive team in some years.

No Tennessee fan in their right mind should ever want NIL to be contained. If you watched Tenn prior to Heupel getting here that is literally your wake up card to resisting whatever Bama and Georgia want and that’s exactly why they went in front of congress a month ago to peddle their BS rhetoric.

This only touches on NIL...

The unlimited transfer portal/non-contractual non-employment situation increases opportunities for cheating. This should be as clear as day to everyone. Tampering is uncontrollable.

Nor is this how any league would choose to run. It makes no sense. Imagine if the NFL was this way. Or coaches bounced every year. Jimmy Sexton's wet dream 😏

Reactions: OrangenSC
I try to be correct but I suppose I will just use visual arts to relay my thoughts from now on.

🦬💩👍👆🤷🧐🤣🤔🖕
You're exaggerating, Knox! 😂 It's easy for you. You're playing us for laughs. 😂

I see what you're saying.
I saw it happen earlier.
I have seen many things since joining this thread.
I had seen such elsewhere before joining.

This only touches on NIL...

The unlimited transfer portal/non-contractual non-employment situation increases opportunities for cheating. This should be as clear as day to everyone. Tampering is uncontrollable.

Nor is this how any league would choose to run. It makes no sense. Imagine if the NFL was this way. Or coaches bounced every year. Jimmy Sexton's wet dream 😏
Why are we comparing NFL to college football they are two different entities entirely other than it is the same sport…but tampering technically is against NCAA rule but they suck at enforcement so it is what it is.

However if players are getting better offers from other collectives more power to them…this doesn’t effect our life or the health of college football…

I took his comment about soccer to be more about the US market and not the entire world. Obviously it's extremely profitable in countries where it is the most popular sport (i.e. everywhere but the US). Interest in professional soccer teams in the US still seems to lag way behind the NFL, MLB, NBA, PGA, and NASCAR. It might be a pretty fair comparison to the WNBA.
Yes and MLS is booming and still very young.

One thing folks have to remember is pro basketball is old, even well before the NBA. And even then it took till the 80s...90s for players to start making the huge bucks.

MLS and WNBA are teenagers at best in the world of sports. And both are growing well. Wnba viewership and crowds are growing like in the early years. We'll see if CC and co. can put them over the top.

Why are we comparing NFL to college football they are two different entities entirely other than it is the same sport…but tampering technically is against NCAA rule but they suck at enforcement so it is what it is.

However if players are getting better offers from other collectives more power to them…this doesn’t effect our life or the health of college football…

The comparison is to any sports league. It's a simple question of how one would choose to run a league. With roster stability or chaotically? There's a reason every single league chooses the former.

Would you like coaches and schools to do away with contracts as well? We could have a new coach every year. A brand new team every 6 months. Or maybe...just maybe...that doesn't make good sense and why no one chooses that route.

Again, it only increases tampering and cheating as well.

I mean. You either have a right to sell your own name/image/likeness. Or you don’t.

I for one think the Supreme Court is 100% correct. Any consenting adult should have the right to sell or not sell their own Name/Image/Likeness. If someone wants to pay me then I should have a right to do that. A cap just makes no sense. So then I only own 40% of the right to my own NIL? The argument just really breaks down for me.
"Capping NIL" smdh. Yeah those arguments have no place in the free world.

If OnlyFans can exist, then puhleeeease.

I like to rebut, "let's start by capping your income first...".

The comparison is to any sports league. It's a simple question of how one would choose to run a league. With roster stability or chaotically? There's a reason every single league chooses the former.

Would you like coaches and schools to do away with contracts as well? We could have a new coach every year. A brand new team every 6 months. Or maybe...just maybe...that doesn't make good sense and why no one chooses that route.

Again, it only increases tampering and cheating as well.
I’m not following here what does NIL/transfer portal to the benefit of the players have to do with coach contracts?

Local pronunciation is the correct pronunciation everywhere. Or does she pronounce Athens as Athena, Rome as Roma, and Memphis as Men-nefer adhering to the ancient Egyptian? Btw, she mispronounced Milano.
Man when I heard a local in the Tri-cities area pronounce “Baileyton” I thought she was lying

VN Store

Back