Recruiting Football Talk VII

I heard he went completely bonkers. Good computer salesman, though.
YARN | Chalk me up on the big board | Seinfeld (1993) - S09E03 The Serenity  Now | Video clips by quotes | b8f39f22 | 紗

March 28, 1950

City College of New York defeated Bradley 71-68 to win the NCAA Tournament.

The team is the only team to win both the Nation Invitational Tournament and the NCAA Tournament in the same year, by defeating Bradley in the championship game of each tournament. The 1950 City team was also the first NCAA champion to have black players in its starting lineup.

In 1950, CCNY was implicated in a point-shaving scandal. The players had taken money from gamblers in the point-shaving scandals during the 1948-1949 season and also during some regular-season games in the 1949-1950 season. No games were fixed during the post-season tournaments. This sent shock waves throughout college basketball. The scandal prompted the suspension of the basketball program. The school was moved from Division I to Division III and was banned from playing at Madison Square Garden. As a result of these sanctions, the CCNY basketball program was de–emphasized, and the school has never again appeared in either the NCAA or NIT tournaments. CCNY is the only NCAA Basketball Championship team that is no longer a member of Division I. The 1950 City team is still the most celebrated college basketball team in the history of New York City.

1711637163604.png

He is correct to have ought with Weezer. The hundreds of possums you see hit in the road are not just slow and stupid, there's more to it than that. The Motor Vehicle Safety Commision data shows that over 50% of the the possum killed in the road are actually thrown into oncoming traffic by mysterious ape-like creatures.
tumblr_n7v3cdRBVF1tp1cdlo2_r1_500-3996014436.gif

I have been around for a lot of great moments in Tennessee history but this story is near the top, probably on Rushmore. Also it infuriates me how all these news people around the country call us the Voles, can't the read VAWLS.
I really hope Z gets a shot in the NBA. Kid is a fighter and beyond worthy.

Creighton breakdown on us...good read. Some nice stats I hadn't seen before defensively (such as the only team in America with all 5 defenders having a 2.5%+ steal rate).

NCAA games tonight

UNC over Alabama
Clemson over Arizona
UCONN over SDSU
Illinois over Iowa State.
I hate that top game. I want both to lose. But Bama it must be.

Clemson sucks. Also work beside multiple Clemsonites. Zona please win.

UConn...no stopping them. SDSU in b2b EEs would be awesome to see though. Fun team to watch, great defense.

No idea. Iowa St the favorite, but I'll take Illinois and their style just for viewing purposes.

I'm still red there's no game till 7...what...the...hell. And you're forced to watch 2 at once. Could have had games at 2....430...7..930...too simple 😒

It's really just what the league...and what they think the players (safety) and fans (eyeballs)...want...though the concussion debacle will forever stick in their minds toward the former.

It's not just about more rules, it's about more offense these days. The NBA has taken away rules in order to let offense prosper from a once-low point.

The NFL could do the same.

Whether we like it or not, all sports have shifted greatly over the decades. It is more of the same. And they'll continue to shift.

Remember...the "forward pass" was illegal in original..."real football"...
Quit justifying this stupid 🦬💩...it is total 🦬💩...period.

Why even have a damn defense out on the field...just pretending to stand in the way of your worshipped "Offense" if you are not going to let them play football..it is total f'n 🦬💩.

Stop the 🦬💩...if people don't want to take a chance on getting hurt...don't play the f'n game....how about oeople take accountability for their own dang decisions for once?

You want the yearly Powerball winning ticket salary?...then YOU take the chance of getting hurt..nobody puts a f'n gun to anybodies head and makes them play the sport.

Milquetoast generations ruining the freakin world

Am I the only one who finds AP and Hubbs to be douches?

Listening to them mock Josh Pate today was the biggest thing that got to me. That and the way they respond to some of the questions from their own subscribers on the mailbag podcast
No
They are definitely big d bags
If you can get past them acting like they are gods gift to evaluating talent and acting like they are the best radio guys it’s not a bad listen
I do get tired of them *****ing on fans who ask questions though also

Reactions: Vol8188
Yeah, I’ll keep listening because I think it is the best source on Tennessee sports, but I’m not a fan of the act itself. I even get their frustration at some of the questions, but they’re the ones who pick which questions to read/answer.

And they’ll rudely respond to so many of them. I’ve seen simple questions like “would you take our 22 LBs or this years?” And they’ll respond with:

“You can’t answer that! Ask me after the season. How could I know in spring”

Yeah, douche, we realize that. We are asking for your prediction on if this group will be better.
You have to remember Bass fills up 70% of their mailbag of questions every week 😆

VN Store

Back