Recruiting Football Talk VII

When I was kid in Lake Charles, LA was throwing baseball in backyard with my younger brother

Missed the ball and it ended up under dad's boat. I crawled under to get ball and came face to face about 18 inches away from a hissing copperhead

I literally pissed my pants

So yes, I have seen a copperhead. Up close and personal
fyyTPqn.gif

Even Yetis know copperheads are just a myth.

Completely bored and random thought but anymore remember how nuts the Adrian Martinez thread was waiting for his commitment?

All for nothing….

wtf ever happened to that guy? Chose Frost and Nebraska and was never heard from again.

Bonus random thought - Frost is who I wanted in 2018 when we got Pruitt. Really thought he was gonna be one hell of a coach.

Completely bored and random thought but anymore remember how nuts the Adrian Martinez thread was waiting for his commitment?

All for nothing….

wtf ever happened to that guy? Chose Frost and Nebraska and was never heard from again.

Bonus random thought - Frost is who I wanted in 2018 when we got Pruitt. Really thought he was gonna be one hell of a coach.
He is in a retirement facility, he played 90 years at Nebraska. Many say if you listen hard enough in Lincoln, and the wind blows just right. You can still hear the sound of a football hitting the ground 10 feet in front of a receiver.

Just when I thought it was safe… are you a kiffinite too?

No freaking way will our current admin ever even glance in the direction of a dumbass who turned a couple of minor offenses into a show cause. You really want back an absolute idiot who almost got our university in a whole lot of trouble? Did you want the admin to stand behind pruitt too?

For crying out loud 😡
It will never happen but I would be happy to have Pearl back.

What could've been if not for Bauer's stupidity..

My dads convinced he’s innocent solely because what was posted as far as setting him up prior…there’s no actual evidence. just the association with the term and public perception is why I think the dodgers tried to save face…he still wants him on the team but I don’t see it happening…still has good stuff though.

You think Dobbs is looking to move somewhere for a starting job?
No I think Vikings are going to use Darnold to start or be the backup to the guy that got concussed last season, Jaren Hall.

Maybe Vikings draft a QB in round 1 ?

Do you think Dobbs can't be a starting QB?

Okay once again I’m asking and begging for prayers. My son goes to his PCP to get results of his tests Wednesday. I can’t be there, because my facility needs me also. (My son didn’t tell me when he goes to get the results 😒). I found out my facility is going out of business effective in April, when the last resident has had replacement. My heart is sick. I have another job and some of my residents are going there. That part makes me happy to make their transition at least smoother. There’s nothing smooth about any of this. Just a small part of your day to think about my residents would be appreciated.
You are in our prayers daily.ay God lift you up and give you strength.

Will the Bears trade Fields, or do they keep him and still draft Williams? Personally, I think Caleb Williams is gonna be a bust, so I think taking him at #1 is a mistake. I've always felt the Bears would be better off keeping Fields and trading off that pick. Trade back and get a WR for Fields. Maybe use those extra picks to shore up the OL. But I could be wrong, and Williams turns out to be a stud.

But I don't think he does.

I lulzd

Look, I hope Utley - or someone better - ultimately signs with us. But read the tea leaves. Or don't. Doesn't really matter to me.
You said “the consensus” says he’s going to Texas. Now we’re reading tea leaves.

He may go to Texas. But what you said simply isn’t true. So now the target moves. Oh and you lulzd. Anything to dodge.

Reactions: barrylee
Money is the end-all be-all of existence isn't it?.

In essence...these guys are all being paid big money to be forgotten..

On the other hand, if you stay in school a little longer, you still get paid...albeit less for sure...and there is a good chance the team gets better, accomplishes a lot more and goes much farther thanks to continuity...and then you are always remembered and loved like true Vol greats always are.

It's ironic how often in life, not just sports, that being less self-centered can actually reap greater, more satisfying rewards for you.

What I am driving at...sone of y'all act like it's an either/or thing with the money...and that isn't true at all. Chandler, KJ and JS all could have stayed a little longer and maybe propelled us to a E8 or F4 and reaped the great lifelong satisfying rewards of being a true beloved legend...and STILL got all the money.

Now...all they have is the money. I suppose that is enough for a lot of people.
That’s what I went through in school. I quit playing sports in 8th grade to work towards getting a car. Only way that I could get one was to save the money myself. Once I bought a car, I had to work to keep it. I have some good work memories, but no way in hades do they compare to the sports memories that I could have had.
If I could have a do over, I would have stayed in sports without the car.

I know, not the same. But NBA is a job for these guys. Not the same as the college experience.

On March 12, 1903, LET"S GO YANKEES!

The New York Highlanders are given the go-ahead by team owners to join baseball’s American League. The Highlanders had recently moved from Baltimore, where they were called the Orioles and had a winning tradition dating back to the 1890s. Called the “Yankees” by fans, the team officially changed its name to the New York Yankees in 1913, and went on to become the most dominant franchise in American sports.
1710247219801.png

Will the Bears trade Fields, or do they keep him and still draft Williams? Personally, I think Caleb Williams is gonna be a bust, so I think taking him at #1 is a mistake. I've always felt the Bears would be better off keeping Fields and trading off that pick. Trade back and get a WR for Fields. Maybe use those extra picks to shore up the OL. But I could be wrong, and Williams turns out to be a stud.

But I don't think he does.
They did get DJ Moore who is one the better WRs in the league. Don’t think it really matters who they get since Fields can’t hit open receivers.

So this is for the people who have cut the cable cord and don’t use big cable companies. What do you guys use? I mean we don’t really watch a lot of premium channel movies. We do like Netflix and that’s about it. Mostly we watch sports and some other things on regular channels. So what’s a good alternative to cable for getting local channels?

Also, what do you guys do for internet?
YouTube TV. They're all getting as expensive as cable though.

VN Store

Back