Recruiting Football Talk VII

What a lovely morning! Sun is shining, birds are singing, the dogs are napping and I’ve got some ribs to put on the smoker in a bit.

Oh yeah, Vols picked up another dub last night. No big deal…they just had to play without their bigs getting typical minutes, on the road against Pat Adams playing the top ranked scoring offense in the country…with Nick Saban sitting courtside in a high chair. So yeah, that was cool. Go Vols.

Happy Choose Day

March 5, 2024: When you are not satisfied with the outcome of your decisions, it is not too late to change your mind and change course. Make sure that you weigh your options. Be still, quiet your flesh, and access divine wisdom so that you can follow My leading, says the Lord. I am for you and not against you, and I will help you. Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Disregard until tomorrow, sorry.

It's SEC Championship Day. I know, I know, we haven't played the SEC tournament. To me that is mostly a money thing. I mean everybody gets in and nothing is really gained by winning it. I would kinda like to lose the first game and get on to that tournament named after "the organization that shall not be named (OSNBN)."

Last edited:
We beat Illinois in Knoxville

Florida is a Q2 because the Quad system is a little convoluted.

Quadrant 1: Home 1-30, Neutral 1-50, Away 1-75

Quadrant 2: Home 31-75, Neutral 51-100, Away 76-135

Quadrant 3: Home 76-160, Neutral 101-200, Away 135-240

Quadrant 4: Home 161-353, Neutral 201-353, Away 241-353

Had we beaten Florida on the road or a neutral court they would be a Quad 1 win. Since they are ranked 33rd and not top 30 in the NET, they are a Q2 home win.

Not all Q1 and Q2 wins are created equal. That's how Arizona sports a Q1 win over an NIT level Oregon where we have a Q2 win over a Florda team that will be as high as a 7 seed in the tournament.
And this is why the selection committee will ignore all that nonsense and pick teams according to T.V. ratings and politics, just like the playoff committee.

VN Store

Back