Recruiting Football Talk VII

The Chaz Lanier saga is getting juicy. Earlier today someone posted Lanier would be in Knoxville tonight and visit for 2 days.

Now Lanier is supposedly having dinner with Kentucky Head Coach in Lexington. Now individuals are tracking flights from Lexington.🤦

Okay now Lanier is using a car service. Makes more sense than flying.

Last edited:
Not exactly true. Ground beef causes an estimated 9k cases of salmonellosis each year. It’s not as much a risk in steak because it only grows on the surface of the steak and therefore is easily cooked off.
Salmonella is a very, very, very minor risk in beef, and much of the risk that does exist is l8kely a result of cross-contamination. E Coli is a much, much bigger concern in beef, particularly ground beef. Salmonella is a huge concern in chicken if not cooked properly.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
The Chaz Lanier saga is getting juicy. Earlier today someone posted Lanier would be in Knoxville tonight and visit for 2 days.

Now Lanier is supposedly having dinner with Kentucky Head Coach in Lexington. Now individuals are tracking flights from Lexington.🤦

There seems to be pictures of Lanier in Lexington on Twitter.

Salmonella is a very, very, very minor risk in beef, and much of the risk that does exist is l8kely a result of cross-contamination. E Coli is a much, much bigger concern in beef, particularly ground beef. Salmonella is a huge concern in chicken if not cooked properly.
Turkey as well if not cooked properly

I agree that E. Coli is much more common than Salmonella in beef. However, to say that it is a very minor risk is a very uninformed statement.

During 2012-2019, 27 Salmonella outbreaks were linked to beef consumption, resulting in 1103 illnesses, 254 hospitalizations, and two deaths.

Reactions: SoilVol
I agree that E. Coli is much more common than Salmonella in beef. However, to say that it is a very minor risk is a very uninformed statement.

During 2012-2019, 27 Salmonella outbreaks were linked to beef consumption, resulting in 1103 illnesses, 254 hospitalizations, and two deaths.
Think about the quantity of beef consumed in 8 years. It is a very, very, very minor risk, AND as I said before, many of those cases were likely due to cross contamination with chicken.

In fact, let me help you with that. 30 Billion pounds of beef was consumed in the U.S. in the year 2021 alone.

Last edited:

its over

Proud Dad moment:

My daughter did something I explicitly told her not to do this past weekend. She called me from a local swap meet/flea market to tell me there was a booth selling some puppies who didn't look so good. I told her not to bring home any sick animals......... And she completely ignored me and brought home the sickest pup of the bunch.

I've put off posting this because the pup was in bad shape. They were asking $100 but she pointed out the sick baby and offered $20. They gave it to her and she brought it home. She was eat up with worms, bacterial gut infection and fleas. We put her up in the living room and kept her away from all our other animals. We took her to our vet the next day. She got an IV, wormer and some meds. They told us to keep her hydrated and if she made it the next 24 hours she had a chance. It was touch and go for a few days but the last couple of days she has completely turned around.

She did exactly what I would have done..... Even when I asked her not to...... She made the right choice. And she's paid for all of it out of her own pocket. She goes to school, cheers and is the only senior coordinating the cheer team for a small until school squad and works about 25 hours a week. She amazes me, is the most empathetic person I know and is better with people than I could ever be.

This young woman has decided she wants to do pre vet courses at Tenn tech or UT Martin and attend UTK veterinary school.

Juno, is what she's named this pup, she's Australian Shepherd/Great Pyrenees mix...... The first life my daughter has saved. Good Lord willing there will be many more to come.......View attachment 641905
You got a good daughter there, and that puppy looks like it’ll be a good lookin dog when it grows up.

Think about the quantity of beef consumed in 8 years. It is a very, very, very minor risk, AND as I said before, many of those cases were likely due to cross contamination with chicken.

In fact, let me help you with that. 30 Billion pounds of beef was consumed in the U.S. in the year 2021 alone.

I’m not saying it’s a common event……just like it’s not a common event with E. Coli. If either were common, none of us would eat ground beef. As an occupation, I happen to run the food safety division for a large food company. I can 100% confirm that ground beef can have salmonella, E. coli, Staph, and a host of other pathogens.

Yesterday was a perfect sports day.
Xander won which means Bryson lost, LV'S won and Nellie Korda won again on the LPGA.

And lastly, and as a life long Cardinals fan, they lost again. As I see it the only way my Cards are gonna be good again is for them to fire the prez Mozeliak and the current manager..
Bryson has grown on me over the last couple years or so. I still don’t like Koepka. Did you see the video of Bryson throwing a ball to a young fan and an adult grabbed it and ran off? Bryson immediately saw it and made sure the young fan got the ball back. Major points in my book.

VN Store

Back