Recruiting Football Talk VII

Every female character from the Peanuts Gang. 😏
😂 OTOH, what's bad and typical KNS imo is that those people on that board finally seem to have settled down and are buying in to the new era. So, Adams and his hires have to try to start it all up all over again.

KNS meanwhile has a beat reporter who nearly begins her article on the LV's huge commitment yesterday by making it a point to say the commit was scheduled to visit the day Kelly was fired. "However, Whitehorn and new Coach Kim Caldwell made contact later..." That might work as the final sentence in the article. It's not the point. But apparently it's the KNS reporter's point.

I've never seen the newspaper in any other SEC town troll their own team. Adams has his prissy columns where he invents or quotes emails mocking fans as a regular trope. He was asking an antagonistic question at Caldwell's introductory press conference, looking for fodder to use in stoking skepticism.

This one is sorta funny, I admit. But I really wish we could get new staff at the KNS, which hasn't been local in forever and as a chain is not going to fold.

Last edited:
I killed three copperheads on my property in Texas this spring already. Always have to be mindful of brush, wood piles, etc.
A couple years ago they kept showing up around my house. I remember killing four in a two day span and my neighbors killed several. I would leave them alone if I hadn't found them in my yard and landscaping up against the house. I've got some snake boots I wear now when working in any area where they can easily hide under bushes, brush, and dead leaves.

If truck didn't exist, what would men drive? I mean if a man doesn't own a truck ya gotta call into question not only his political leanings but also his sexual preference.
I drive a truck. What is stupid is paying money to make it impractical by jacking up the front and taking springs out if the rear.

Since we're casting judgement, that is something Methandy would do. I'm saying the frontal lobe isnt developed.

A couple years ago they kept showing up around my house. I remember killing four in a two day span and my neighbors killed several. I would leave them alone if I hadn't found them in my yard and landscaping up against the house. I've got some snake boots I wear now when working in any area where they can easily hide under bushes, brush, and dead leaves.
I sorta wish I had some snake boots. I put on hightop hiking boots last night when looking to see what the dog was raising hell about. I hear the ankle is the most common strike point. But I suspect those are not high or resistant enough. What do you think?

I will say that, as a result of this thread, I focus seriously when walking in leaves.

I drive a truck. What is stupid is paying money to make it impractical by jacking up the front and taking springs out if the rear.

Since we're casting judgement, that is something Methandy would do. I'm saying the frontal lobe isnt developed.
It must be the pot.

😂 OTOH, what's bad and typical KNS imo is that those people on that board finally seem to have settled down and are buying in to the new era. So, Adams and his hires have to try to start it all up all over again.

KNS meanwhile has a beat reporter who nearly begins her article on the LV's huge commitment yesterday by making it a point to say the commit was scheduled to visit the day Kelly was fired. "However, Whitehorn and new Coach Kim Caldwell made contact later..." That might work as the final sentence in the article. It's not the point. But apparently it's the KNS reporter's point.

I've never seen the newspaper in any other SEC town troll their own team. Adams has his prissy columns where he invents or quotes emails mocking fans as a regular trope. He was asking an antagonistic question at Caldwell's introductory press conference, looking for fodder to use in stoking skepticism.

This one is sorta funny, I admit. But I really wish we could get new staff at the KNS, which hasn't been local in forever and as a chain is not going to fold.

Yeah, most local sports coverage is annoyingly positive. They requested this information trying to make the fans look bad and stir up controversy.

KNS acts more like a sports radio show than a local paper. It's bizarre.

i-dont-believe-you-lies.gif

You expect me to believe you not only saw a copperhead, but you saw three? Sounds like someone's trying to impress people with lies.
LSD? Shrooms?

Reactions: Devo182
They all clapped along with his whistles. If they didn’t like him, clapping with him only encourages him more.
Absolutely. They apparently love the whistler, and it proves Vandy, despite all their pretensions, to be the tackiest and most downmarket baseball fan base in the SEC.

Arkansas is pretty low too: they have no respect for the game.

I’m covering International volleyball end of May.
USA versus Canada
Germany versus Poland

Covering Big 12 Baseball tournament next week. Just 1 game, but I get to watch collegiate baseball.

Should be fun.
I think that I will like the volleyball better. 😎
Last international tournament before the Olympics. 🤠

I sorta wish I had some snake boots. I put on hightop hiking boots last night when looking to see what the dog was raising hell about. I hear the ankle is the most common strike point. But I suspect those are not high or resistant enough. What do you think?

I will say that, as a result of this thread, I focus seriously when walking in leaves.
They provide a lot of peace of mind. I've got a spot where I have to fit in a tight area between my house and some bushes to cut the bushes back and pull vines off my house (former owner was a British dude who thought the vines growing up brick was a good look...bastard). It's a prime spot for copperheads (killed two hanging out right next to each other) and it's almost impossible to look for them there, so the boots are a must. I'll say that the ones I bought come up really high and are still really stiff...I don't use them much, so maybe they would wear-in but I wouldn't enjoy hiking in them like they are now.

They all clapped along with his whistles. If they didn’t like him, clapping with him only encourages him more.
Someone who was at our series at Vandy this weekend said the Vandy PA announcer brags on the whistler and tells the people to clap to the sounds of that imbecile. :rolleyes: That sounds pretty much like the face of Vandy baseball to me. Well that, and that scumbag Corbin. Low life fans.

F Vandy

I'm confused, are you saying that mary jane is to blame for this dumb assery?

Or teapot-kettle analogy? Either way. this black magic can only have come from one place....View attachment 640630
Teapot/kettle? I have no issues with the pot. Call back to an earlier discussion. I agree with your viewpoint and assessment. Sorry if I was unclear.

Never seem so many fans so angry about firing such a ****ty coach.
The LV-only fans are a unique group. Things other than on-court performance (hiring an alum or someone who played for Pat, coach has to be a woman, etc.) are more important to them than winning. If KH was the football coach and delivered those results, she would have been run off after 3 years tops. She got 5, and there was still a decent % of the LV fanbase that wanted her to stay.

Yes, our fans of the other programs are wacko too, myself included, but nobody ever has to wonder what the top priority is.

The LV-only fans are a unique group. Things other than on-court performance (hiring an alum or someone who played for Pat, coach has to be a woman, etc.) are more important to them than winning. If KH was the football coach and delivered those results, she would have been run off after 3 years tops. She got 5, and there was still a decent % of the LV fanbase that wanted her to stay.

Yes, our fans of the other programs are wacko too, myself included, but nobody ever has to wonder what the top priority is.
"Well, she's a ****** coach and she loses all the time but at least she's a good person".

Imagine.

VN Store

Back