Recruiting Football Talk VII

Koufax was much more impressive in his 6 seasons of dominance than Kershaw ever was.

If you want a full career - Randy & Pedro both blow his doors off.

To each their own…

Kershaw wouldn’t make my Top 10, he might be in the Top 20.
I actually had Pedro in there and moved him out. I respect your opinion a lot on this. You may have changed my mind.

Reactions: 85SugarVol
Mixed blessing, IMO. Vandy would probably already be way up for this weekend. Not that worried about them, but I would rather be a little back in the pack. Still, it says a lot about what this team has accomplished to this point.
Remember when individuals said losing to Lipscomb doesn't matter? Now it does.

Reactions: TN-POSSUM
I actually had Pedro in there and moved him out. I respect your opinion a lot on this. You may have changed my mind.
Wasn’t trying to really change your mind. We’re ranking all-time greats - just fun to discuss.

God, I hated Pedro.

I try and look at “peak” time periods when doing these kinds of comps.

Both Pedro & Kershaw had an unreal 4 year run where they racked up 3 Cy Young’s.

Pedro ‘97-‘00 -
77-25, 2.16 ERA, .925 WHIP, 11.5 K/9, 9.4 WAR

Kershaw ‘11-‘14 -
72-26, 2.11 ERA, .946 WHIP, 9.5 K/9, 7.2 WAR

Look pretty similar on the top line - but Pedro was so much better than his contemporaries.
Kills Kershaw in WAR and ERA+ (220 vs 179).

Plus Pedro was doing it at the height of juiced balls (allegedly) and juiced players (certainly).
And he would have had 4 straight Cy’s if not for a juiced Rocket in Toronto…

Callahan should have told them, “Tell me you don't watch film without telling me you don't watch film.” Pearce’s “one trick” is so good that NFL GMs and scouts believe he may be the #1 pick I guess. 🤷‍♂️
Callahan brought up when he pushed that A&M LT into Max Johnson for a sack and Hodge said "see, NFL executives will see that one highlight and miss the rest of the time where he gets stopped in his tracks" unreal. Its like they hate that we actually have a great player. I just don't get it.

VN Store

Back