Recruiting Football Talk VII

not here. st croix guy. but ill sling anything
Found Kistler about 2 years ago, was almost a st Croix guy myself. They make good rods. I try to use rods not made in China, so St Croix was a good option, if I remember correctly they are made in Wisconsin and mexico. Better quality. Kistler are made in Texas with Japanese carbon blanks. Just my personal preference.

Found Kistler about 2 years ago, was almost a st Croix guy myself. They make good rods. I try to use rods not made in China, so St Croix was a good option, if I remember correctly they are made in Wisconsin and mexico. Better quality. Kistler are made in Texas with Japanese carbon blanks. Just my personal preference.
If you ever get a chance to try out a Joe Burns custom rod you will thank me. He lives in Cleveland and has been tying custom rods for 30 plus years . Ive fished with everything from G-loomus to st croix and various other customs and Joe makes the lightest , most sensitive , and most durable fishing rods ive ever put in my hands. Plus they have a lifetime warranty.

Reactions: Volunteer821
If you ever get a chance to try out a Joe Burns custom rod you will thank me. He lives in Cleveland and has been tying custom rods for 30 plus years . Ive fished with everything from G-loomus to st croix and various other customs and Joe makes the lightest , most sensitive , and most durable fishing rods ive ever put in my hands. Plus they have a lifetime warranty.
My cousin lives in Cleveland and uses his rods. Loves them, he does a lot of flipping and cranking and always talks about how sensitive they are. I used to use All-Star many moons ago and absolutely loved them, especially their 7 6 flipping stick. Now they're garbage of course since Shakespeare bought them. But my cousin tells me nothing is like those customs he uses. I have to say though, my Kistlers are very light and very sensitive. Between you and him, I may have to try a Joe burns custom rod. Have you fished with a Kistler helium?

Is anyone else that lives in Georgia having to deal with these ridiculous USPS issues from their new distribution center in Palmetto? I've got a really valuable package that has been stuck there since Monday...hasn't even been scanned in but the seller put an airtag in the box, so we know it's there. I keep thinking about going down there to get it, but I don't want to make a 1.5 hour drive just to be turned away.
Not in GA, but my wife mailed an Easter card from the DFW area about a week before Easter to her best friend in Spokane, WA. It arrived two days ago. What is up with the USPS?

My cousin lives in Cleveland and uses his rods. Loves them, he does a lot of flipping and cranking and always talks about how sensitive they are. I used to use All-Star many moons ago and absolutely loved them, especially their 7 6 flipping stick. Now they're garbage of course since Shakespeare bought them. But my cousin tells me nothing is like those customs he uses. I have to say though, my Kistlers are very light and very sensitive. Between you and him, I may have to try a Joe burns custom rod. Have you fished with a Kistler helium?
No i havent tried the helium. Ive really never used much Kistler stuff ive fished with some guys that had them and i tried them out some but have really just stuck with Joes after I switched all mine over. Ive got 2 of his rods that are over 20 years old and they are still just as good as the day I bought them . All I own now are Joe Burns rods. He has them in various prices too from 100 dollars up. He made me a diamond wrapped Tennesse rod that has Ut colors diamond wrapped above the handle and then has orange and white checkerboards down toward the bottom of handle.

No i havent tried the helium. Ive really never used much Kistler stuff ive fished with some guys that had them and i tried them out some but have really just stuck with Joes after I switched all mine over. Ive got 2 of his rods that are over 20 years old and they are still just as good as the day I bought them . All I own now are Joe Burns rods. He has them in various prices too from 100 dollars up. He made me a diamond wrapped Tennesse rod that has Ut colors diamond wrapped above the handle and then has orange and white checkerboards down toward the bottom of handle.
That Tennessee rod sounds awesome. You're making me want to try one now. I know my cousin, like I said earlier, swears by them and uses them exclusively. He's tried to talk me in to trying them before and I just never did.

I still fish with a Cane Pole and use grass hoppers for bait or whole Kernel Corn.
Better than me. I fish in the seafood department. 😂 I went trout fishing once with a guy who does it all the time. I was completely inept but astonished at how much skill and finesse is involved in fishing. I can see why people would love it. Plus after I got out of the way, he snagged us a great dinner.

Lady Vols wrapped up the regular season SEC Championship in softball.

Tennessee Vols Tennis team advances to Sunday by defeating ETSU in 1st round of NCAA Championship. Next match tomorrow vs Memphis.

Baseball Vols go for series victory tonight vs Florida at 6:30 p.m. on SEC Network+

Zander probably starts on mound tonight.

VN Store

Back